Phones Can't View Certian Sites While Connected to BES Express

calvinj

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a BES Express setup going for about a month now. Just testing the waters to see how far we want to get into this whole Black Berry thing. What I'm running into is that the phones that are currently connected to my bes server can't view certain web sites. One for example craigslist.org. It sits and acts like it wants to load and then fails and says the page has timed out.

To me it's not that big of a deal, but some of these maintenance guys want it..

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

EDIT:

I also should add that I got a new black berry for a person last week and before even hooking it up to the bes server I tried the same craigslist place they were going too along with a few other sites they were having issues and it worked fine. No idea why it's not working now

Blackberry data while hooked up to a BES server is wacky sometimes. At times, you have to restart the server to get data flowing again, sometimes, you just need to pull the battery on the phone

Not 100% at the moment, but I want to say something to affect of page can not be displayed

Did you create a bes it policy or left default? any errors in event viewer? Battery pull the phone or restart the server, are you trying on opera mini or dedault

Left the default BES Policy (It fit my needs at this moment).

Nothing in the error logs that jump out at me.

We are using the default browser. I've restarted the server, but haven't tried pulling the battery out of the phones yet to see if that helps

i never saw that happened, try opera mini as the default browser im sure still blows =)

Back