Phone for Dad

OrangeWolf

Gawd
I'd appreciate your help selecting a new phone for my dad (he's almost 70). He has a basic plan from AT&T.

He doesn't use his phone for anything but making occasional phone calls and sending text messages about twice a week. He (strongly) prefers a flip phone. No fancy keyboard or screen or options, no need for internet or music players, etc.

The problem is that he lives way out in the country and reception is really poor. He has an old LG that is dying on him and on average it has 1-2 bars (out of 5) at best in their house. He bought an AT&T Z222 to replace it, but it has 0 bars in their house most of the time, sometimes jumping up to 1. So he's returning that.

He'd like another phone in the <$30 range. He does not have a "free upgrade" or whatever, though he'd probably be willing to buy refurbs.

TL;DR -- Need a cheap, basic flip phone that will work with AT&T and is known to have better-than-average reception. Alternatively if you can direct me to a site with information regarding the reception/antenna I can look around myself and find something.

The Note 4 comes out in a couple months, I'd wait for that...

lol, j/k. I'm not sure any people here will be able to suggest much considering this is [H] and 95%+ of us in here don't know much outside of smart phones. Just did a quick search on Amazon for you though and found this phone that looks promising from the reviews. Many of them note that it has great reception and praise it just for that reason. It's costs half of what your budget is and is brand new too. Worse case scenarios is if it doesn't work well enough you could return it for a refund as well.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The Note 4 comes out in a couple months, I'd wait for that...

lol, j/k. I'm not sure any people here will be able to suggest much considering this is [H] and 95%+ of us in here don't know much outside of smart phones. Just did a quick search on Amazon for you though and found this phone that looks promising from the reviews. Many of them note that it has great reception and praise it just for that reason. It's costs half of what your budget is and is brand new too. Worse case scenarios is if it doesn't work well enough you could return it for a refund as well.

The Note 4 will be out next month, its being announced on the 3rd

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back