Philips Hue vulnerability lets hacker control bulbs, could escalate to network

incandescent street lights are not directional like leds

the color of light is more pleasant than the white pink blue or yellow led and cfl have.

also who cares about the heat? are you going to have 75 of them in a room?

change for the sake of change is retarded.

So your only points were light dispersion pattern and personal enjoyment of the color? You do realize that leds can also have larger patterns and you can get them in different colors and 'warmths'.

Off the top of my head i have 30 bulbs in my house. It isn't change for the sake of change. They have far more advantages, lifespan and efficiency being the greatest ones. So in cases of cities deploying them, that is a large savings, plus not having to replace them so often.

You don't like them, that is fine. My mom isn't sold on them either honestly. But at least I get the free led bulb pack from the electric company from her lol.

By the way, these are really nice in appearance and color, i use these as they allow dimming as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KQSGXS4

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
So your only points were light dispersion pattern and personal enjoyment of the color? You do realize that leds can also have larger patterns and you can get them in different colors and 'warmths'.

Off the top of my head i have 30 bulbs in my house. It isn't change for the sake of change. They have far more advantages, lifespan and efficiency being the greatest ones. So in cases of cities deploying them, that is a large savings, plus not having to replace them so often.

You don't like them, that is fine. My mom isn't sold on them either honestly. But at least I get the free led bulb pack from the electric company from her lol.

By the way, these are really nice in appearance and color, i use these as they allow dimming as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KQSGXS4

what else is a lightbulb for not including your sense of smug?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
what else is a lightbulb for not including your sense of smug?

Not understanding you. Lightbulbs are for producing light. So you have a bulb that produces 800lumens at 60w and 1000hr lifespan, and here comes a bulb that does it at 8w with 15,000hr life span for 2x-3x the price and you say that the incandescent has the advantage.

I am just not seeing how you come to that conclusion other than personal preference only.

Not understanding you. Lightbulbs are for producing light. So you have a bulb that produces 800lumens at 60w and 1000hr lifespan, and here comes a bulb that does it at 8w with 15,000hr life span for 2x-3x the price and you say that the incandescent has the advantage.

I am just not seeing how you come to that conclusion other than personal preference only.
in terms of light produced i sure do.

i'd gladly FUCKING GLADLY spend more to have the same light i've always had than try to guess what color LED bulb completes me as a person.

Back