Seems that someone has it:

PhwwHY1.jpg

W7WfTMV.jpg

PHILIPS製42.5型4Kディスプレイ「BDM4350UC/11」購入最速レビュー!! - 力こそパワー

And another one:

LDiLONp.jpg

PHILIPS BDM4350UC/11設置

Last edited:
Ooh. If the IPS glow on this monitor isn't an issue then I'm going to have to pick one up. Looks very nice so far.

Ooh. If the IPS glow on this monitor isn't an issue then I'm going to have to pick one up. Looks very nice so far.

Yeah the IPS glow is what I'm dreading too. I feel like at this size, it would be a miracle if there is no noticeable glow...

Damn, 44" is very nice. It will fit perfectly with my secondary 22" 1080p screen. Hopefully it will be available in europe soon.

Looking good. I do believe this is finally going to be "The One," or my first 4K monitor.

I have a 40" 4k (VA) right now and it's a good size... the extra 3" should help make the text a little more easy to read without scaling.

My monitor is already huge though... I can't see going bigger from a physical size standpoint. I've been keeping my eye on 34" 21:9 options.

As you can see it's been delayed 1 week in EU, was supposed to be here last week, then this week, now they moved it to 29th.

In the comments he mentions support for HDCP. I also reached out to Phillips who confirmed support.

And, this is now showing as temporarily out of stock on Amazon, so I placed an order. No expected delivery date though.

I wonder if sRGB coverage is 100%. I just need to know this too before I place an order. Supposedly and given its specs it does but unless a detailed review comes out I won't know for sure.

I can't find this listed on Amazon US. Where do you guys see this listed for sale online?

TFTcentral indicates it will be for sale in the US in late May or June.

Amazon has it as "Temporarily Out of Stock". But here is a link. I already purchased and will be ready when it eventually does ship!

Amazon.com: Philips BDM4350UC 43-Inch Class IPS-LED Monitor, 4K Res, 300cd/m2, 5ms, 50M:1 DCR,VGA,HDMI(2),DP(2),USB 3.0,Spk: Computers & Accessories

Hopefully... I did the exact same thing over a year ago when the BDM4065UC was announced (I didn't want to import it from a foreign seller due to shipping & warranty concerns so I preordered it from Amazon as soon as it showed up there). My order was cancelled soon after, which was disappointing at the time but turned out OK. Hope you get yours! $799 seems very reasonable, especially when you consider previous $1000+ 30" 2560x1600 IPS monitors and $1000-$1300 34" 3440x1440 monitors.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I was looking into importing also, but I found it on Amazon and that is where I buy lots off stuff. Kinda hoping it sticks around and I get one of the first ones. Amazon did price match the $909 price it was originally listed at to $799 also. It would appear that it might happen too since it is released in UK and Japan, with Amazon Japan having it in-stock. And, it is listed as "coming soon" on the Philips USA website now. May isn't too far away, my birthday month, so many I get lucky? :-D

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. While I agree that $800 is reasonable for what this is, it's the same price as a 50" Vizio M and only $200 less than a 50" Vizio P, so it becomes difficult to justify 800 when for 1000 I can get DV/HDR support and a giant monitor.

I'm going to wait for reviews and/or impressions on this Philips. While that video linked above showed essentially zero lightbleed, I'm still skeptical based on my own experiences with IPS.

I hear you, and I respect your decision, but those TV's do not work for me.

50", for me, is too big, I like IPS over VA, and I like having 4:4:4 chroma and a respectable response time (no input lag tests have surfaced yet, but I am making assumptions based on the Philips BDM4065UC) from the same mode on the same HDMI or Display Port. I had previously purchased a Samsung UN40JU7500 that I had to return because I hated the curve, the VA panel, and the bad input lag with 4:4:4 chroma in PC mode. The only way to get a halfway decent response time required the Samsung to be in game mode with limited chroma, similar to that of the Vizio. HDR would be a nice added feature on the Philips but I do not care so much as I will be replacing my TV with a 4k HDR set for video consumption. This monitor is hopefully going to replace my long standing Dell 3007WFP-HC as my main computer monitor for gaming, design work, programming, etc.

We all have different usage cases and hope those TV's work out great for you! Good luck :-D

I hear you, and I respect your decision, but those TV's do not work for me.

50", for me, is too big, I like IPS over VA, and I like having 4:4:4 chroma and a respectable response time (no input lag tests have surfaced yet, but I am making assumptions based on the Philips BDM4065UC) from the same mode on the same HDMI or Display Port. I had previously purchased a Samsung UN40JU7500 that I had to return because I hated the curve, the VA panel, and the bad input lag with 4:4:4 chroma in PC mode. The only way to get a halfway decent response time required the Samsung to be in game mode with limited chroma, similar to that of the Vizio. HDR would be a nice added feature on the Philips but I do not care so much as I will be replacing my TV with a 4k HDR set for video consumption. This monitor is hopefully going to replace my long standing Dell 3007WFP-HC as my main computer monitor for gaming, design work, programming, etc.

We all have different usage cases and hope those TV's work out great for you! Good luck :-D

haha I wasn't clear, sorry. I completely agree that 50" is way too big for a monitor. If I got the VIzio P instead of this Philips, I would essentially be getting a TV instead of a new monitor. The Vizio would go in the living room.

The thing is, I only have enough money to either buy a new monitor or a TV, and I'm going to wait for reviews of the Philips before I decide. Part of me wants to buy a monitor now and then an OLED TV in 5 years, or I could get a Vizio now and then an OLED monitor in 5 years.

No worries, we all have our budgets :-D

If in 5 years we have 40"~ 4k-8k OLED monitors with no input lag, I will buy one of those too. And probably a 50"~ OLED TV as well, although I might find one much sooner than 5 years (hopefully). Until then I have the 40"4k bug from that Samsung I tested.

OLED? TAKE MY MONEY!

Just a quick update. Amazon just emailed me an estimated delivery date.

"Your new estimated delivery date is: Friday, April 29, 2016 "

So end of the week I should have it. We shall see! :-D

Please post up pics and a short review when you get it. I'm itching to order one. Just waiting to save a few hundred over the next few weeks.

If it does indeed arrive on Friday, I should have a short review with some pictures up on Saturday ish. I know that I couldn't justify 50-60% extra for the Dell as that is about the only other option available in this category. I will report back soon.

The only thing I can see on the Dell is the proper monitor stand but still, I prefer to buy a high-end Ergotron for the Philips that will also be usable with future monitors.

I would have ordered it already but I am just waiting to see if it offers 100% sRGB color coverage which it should based on specs.

No confirmation of freesync? This might just be my No Mans Sky screen if so..

If it does indeed arrive on Friday, I should have a short review with some pictures up on Saturday ish. I know that I couldn't justify 50-60% extra for the Dell as that is about the only other option available in this category. I will report back soon.

Which Dell?

Thanks, Warsloth.

Yeah, the price on the Dell is definitely higher but sometimes Dell has REALLY good sales on monitors. Someone in another thread mentioned that the Dell 34" ultrawide has been seen on Slickdeals for $500-$550 which is unheard of. I've also seen some nice sales on their 30" monitors back when those were king, you just have to be patient and wait for a deal to come around.

Thanks, Warsloth.

Yeah, the price on the Dell is definitely higher but sometimes Dell has REALLY good sales on monitors. Someone in another thread mentioned that the Dell 34" ultrawide has been seen on Slickdeals for $500-$550 which is unheard of. I've also seen some nice sales on their 30" monitors back when those were king, you just have to be patient and wait for a deal to come around.

I picked up a dell 30 incher like 6 years ago for $800. Still use it as my main monitor, looking to go 4k as an upgrade.

I could only find %15 off on the Dell currently. That is not enough to bring the price down to even +50% of the Philips price. The Philips came to just over $800 from Amazon meaning I would need to find a %40 off coupon from Dell to get into the same price range. I'm not knocking the Dell at all, and it looks like they should be excellent as well, but comes at a hefty price.

If the Philips doesn't please me, or has some problem, it will go back to Amazon and I will buy the Dell. With the limited information and reviews of these two monitors, I just can't see how the Dell will be $400 better than the Philips.

I also know I want to end up with a 43" 4k OLED when something like that is released and can't see spending extra money these LCD monitors now.

Also, if I do come across a 25-40% off from Dell I will probably just buy one of those too so I can compare.

Thanks!

As per article:
Sync Input: Separate Sync, Sync on Green

Composite or similar signal so nothing to do with freesync. God damn, they are busting our balls on this one if no freesync. YOU BETTER FREESYNC THIS SCREEN, PHILLIPS!!

The 95% luminance uniformity available in 'smartuniformity' mode will be very interesting. Wonder if they used a individually addressable back light array + good QC panel to achieve that.

Last edited:
Back