Philips BDM4350UC 43 inch 4K IPS PWM-free monitor

I love the contrast of VA, but this monitor looks BAWS.

Same. I would've just loved to see an updated 2016 version of the 4065UC that's flicker free but I guess the 1200:1 contrast ratio (IF that's even really true) is better than most IPS panels and will have to do.

Didn't see anything in their specs about input lag so no evidence yet it will be better than a tv. Will need to see actual reviews first.

Didn't see anything in their specs about input lag so no evidence yet it will be better than a tv. Will need to see actual reviews first.

I had the 40" Philips. I dont game...but for general every day use the lag that the 40 had (for me) was totally acceptable. Actually, I did not even notice it.

You can already buy this monitor. It's called Sony KD-43X8305C.

I suspect this monitor could be using the same panel as that Sony TV. Hopefully I'm wrong and the claimed "1200:1" contrast ratio holds up to be true, otherwise if it's the same crappy 700:1 panel as the Sony then I'm just gonna return it.

Awesome to see a follow-up to the BDM4065UC. I love VA panels for their blacks and contrast but this one should have superior color and no weird color overlap lines like the 40" version had. Subbing because I want to see what early adopters of this monitor have to say (particularly if they owned the BDM4065UC).

My worry is the IPS glow / bleed at this size...

Well TBH I'm not too concerned about that because if it was a VA panel instead then we'd have to worry about gamma shift from sitting so close to such a large screen. I'm more bummed out about the lost of contrast.

You can already buy this monitor. It's called Sony KD-43X8305C.

That doesn't have DP or HDMI 2.0, so right there, personally, I can't consider it an option. But thanks for the heads up though.

My dream screen is a Sony 50" 4K something. Sony's TV interface and particularly post-processing features are unrivalled imho, so a Sony version of this 43" Philips could have been awesome. Opportunity missed.

That doesn't have DP or HDMI 2.0, so right there, personally, I can't consider it an option. But thanks for the heads up though.

Sony does have HDMI 2.0, but indeed does not have DP, so you need a Nvidia card.

Wow nice.

43"
IPS
PWM-Free

This will be in stores by the end of April in my country but I am not sure if I will be an early adopter, it all depends how much I can get for my current monitor, can't afford to spend much cash.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
This may finally be the 4K monitor I buy, depending on the reviews. Unfortunately I have a feeling that variable refresh rate technology for monitors this size will be a long time coming or not at all, so I'll bite if the price and quality are right.

like this
Wow! Now if only it was already available and got some reviews for it. Yesterday my 8-9 years old HP 30" 2560 X 1600 bit the dust and I am now left with a Samsung 32" HDTV (1080p) as a monitor so I need a new good display ASAP. I don't mind gaming but I will use the monitor for productivity applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, 3Ds Max, Autocad and Web authoring)

I was ready to order the 40" Version of this monitor but now I am puzzled.

What would you do? Buy the 40" now or wait till this one is available. I live in Europe so I guess it might be available within the next 40 days.

I think I might have too. I just finished tuning the 1080p TV that I am using as a monitor now. I will start a new thread for recommendations and use this time to better research what might better suit my needs.

BTW, is there any chance that this monitor supports wide gamut color? My HP did so and since I work on material intended for digital and offset printing it is very useful to have.

I so hope this monitor is the real deal and is high quality. I'd pay $2k for a 43" Dell 5k (5120 x 2880) monitor. So I hope this 4k doesn't disappoint for $900.

34-38 would be ideal but it seems that Philips is testing the waters through a more common "tv-size" panel. The problem is not the width though, it is the height and any neck strain that can come up with this. I would not mind a 60" inch desktop but with a fixed vertical resolution of lets say 2160 and extending only horizontally as if one has 2-3 32" monitors side by side. I doubt it though that we will see such panels any time soon.

I think more people are interested in 40" - 43" than the smaller 32" - 34". There are a ton of 32" to 34"+ options on the market.

This monitor has my interest. If the latency is amazing and it reviews well, it could be my next display.

I've been using an LG 42" for awhile now and while perfect, excellent performance, I am ready to move on but only if it makes sense.

Vizio has a 43" coming out that promises to be amazing. Excellent specs on paper.

Yes I have it bookmarked. However, I never buy blind and without at least some user feedback first. What I need to see is whether it supports 100% sRGB color since we do graphics for the web and some printing (although with specific color codes).
If it does and is free of any banding or light leakages etc, etc, and given the low price (622 Euros without VAT for businesses) I will buy it. The good thing with this is that it will be usable even beyond my desktop when I decide to upgrade in the future. For example as a media display for the kids play room for TV (ip tv) and gaming.

Only problem I see is that there's no mention of HDCP 2.2 so no 4K media streaming.

Let's give it sometime and I am sure we will see more "problems"...lol. I hope that it comes out great but I am so disappointed with the current display market mess that I cross my fingers over this till I see a solid review.

This monitor is now available in my country for about 629 USD (Converted from local currency). I'm really leaning towards buying this to replace my 27 inch 1080p BenQ. Sadly, I still lack enough funds. Hopefully a review comes out soon before I buy this. :)

Will this have square pixels or is this again a TV panel?
Don't know what you mean by TV panel. It could be using an LG AH-IPS panel, the subpixels of which kind of look like Samsung's PLS technology. No one else appears to be making 43" 4K panels, at the moment. I just hope the pixels are not WRGB in this one.

From tomshardware.fr

IPS Dalle (AH-IPS LG) 5 ms GtG

So looks promising right? I'd post the link but this is my first post.

I thought this will use BGR subpixel layout but maybe it will be RGB after all. Some Japanese guy suspected it will be RGBW so he mailed some Japanese company and asked.

p8Q5apQ.png

PHILIPSの新型4Kディスプレイ「BDM4350UC/11」は「買い」なのか? - 力こそパワー

Last edited:
According to its technical specifications, the monitor has effective viewing area 953 (H) x 543 (V). Of all the 43" LG Display panels listed at Panelook.com, model LC430EGY-SHM1 has the same dimensions. As panel type and contrast ratio also match those of the monitor, it’s most likely this is the panel the monitor uses. The model has RGB vertical stripe pixel configuration.

like this
Back