Philips BDM4065UC - 40" 4K 60Hz monitor thread

Happy Bunny =)(= , no broken monitor this time. now you will have another monitor coming . hehehe Thank you for the test. now i let you enjoy the monitor and give us some thought later .

i don't know about how to test input lag but you should just take photo without paused the button on that page? ( when you clicked paused then it will show same number as you set duplicate monitor) ? sorry if i misunderstood how it work

lol, you are right. I shouldn't have paused it.

Hey =)(=

Have you tried some FPS games

Wolfenstein The New Order
call of duty black ops or advanced warfare
Battlefield 3-4

I am very interested in hearing your experience with this monitor
I think a lot of buying a BDM4065UC myself

maybe let elleana check if she/he got the same thing.

it look like something that shouldnt be there so maybe try different DP cable ? different setting on monitor itself ?

So, can someone explain me what this is:

NgRbSJY.jpg

I don't see it on my old monitor.

it is still visible if you turn down the contrast ...?

So, can someone explain me what this is:

NgRbSJY.jpg

I don't see it on my old monitor.

Try another cable, I had the same issue in my Samsung S32D850 with my old DVI-D cable, but it don't occours with DP or HDMI cable.

Hey =)(=

Have you tried some FPS games

Wolfenstein The New Order
call of duty black ops or advanced warfare
Battlefield 3-4

I am very interested in hearing your experience with this monitor
I think a lot of buying a BDM4065UC myself

With all the theoretical tests about the lay/delay of this monitror, I am really curious too about the actual lag visible in FPS games.

Caseking.de which is sort of a partner of theirs also has them (no idea about stock though), and they are better priced there as well, it costs 799 http://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog...cm-40-Zoll-Widescreen-DP-HDMI-DVI::30254.html.
Around the same price as amazon.co.uk (but the P&P is going to be more expensive), it is also easier to order if you're a company, since you just need to insert your VAT, there is no need to go around filling forms and so on like you need to do on overclockers.co.uk

Speaking of amazon.co.uk for those that ordered the monitor there, if you made your order there, you should check to see what price you have, since amazon lowered the price on the monitor recently by 18,84£, and you can have that amount refunded to you.

Thanks, is that running at native 4K res? What's your PC spec?

I'm struggling to tell what the pixel performance is like from that video - initially I thought the colours were smearing slightly on fast movement, but on second glance I'm not sure if it's the video camera or video encoding/quality that is causing that.

Thanks, is that running at native 4K res? What's your PC spec?

I'm struggling to tell what the pixel performance is like from that video - initially I thought the colours were smearing slightly on fast movement, but on second glance I'm not sure if it's the video camera or video encoding/quality that is causing that.

Yes 2160p without AA but wih motion blur turned on. Recorded with iPad mini retina, lol.

Case:Fractal Design Define R3
PSU: Corsair HX 650W
Mobo: ASUS GRYPHON Z87
CPU: Intel i5-4670K
Ram: Corsair 16GB CL9 1600Mhz VENGEANCE LP
GPU: MSI GTX 970
Cooler: Antec KÜHLER H2O 920
HDD: 2 x Intel SSD 120 GB, 3TB Seagate

That looks awesome =)(=! If you have the time, could you test whether it is MST or SST? Sorry to keep bothering you about this...!

Also in case anyone is interested, I I just found this Chinese review of the monitor with lots of pictures: http://lcd.zol.com.cn/495/4959539.html
Based on what I can understand from Google Translate, the first six pages appear to be general impressions of the monitor's features, while the latter pages seem to include more formal analyses of color domain coverage, gamma curves, color reproduction accuracy, color temperature, and screen homogeneity. Perhaps someone with better knowledge of these things can interpret the diagrams.

Overall, from the translation of the summary page: "In test areas in the color, color gamut, Gamma and color temperature of the three-part test is satisfactory, but color accuracy and screen uniformity test areas that still have room for improvement."

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any analysis of input lag or response times, as far as I can tell...

This is question for =)(= and Elleana.

Based on your experience with the screen and all the screens you had before, could you notice a change in the Mouse responsiveness on your windows desktop ?
( especially when you move the mouse from right to left , is that as responsive and smooth as any other screens? )
Also, do you think the Input lag is like any other average LCD monitor ?

Thanks.

Not ideal, but tons of people have bought Korean-only monitors as well. Also, if Americans order from Amazon.co.uk, can they return the monitor to Amazon.com if there is a problem? If possible, might be a work around.

[X]eltic;1041289368 said:
Not ideal, but tons of people have bought Korean-only monitors as well. Also, if Americans order from Amazon.co.uk, can they return the monitor to Amazon.com if there is a problem? If possible, might be a work around.

Do you have any idea how to order that screen from a korean or asian Website ? I am living near Korea. Thanks.

Based on your experience with the screen and all the screens you had before, could you notice a change in the Mouse responsiveness on your windows desktop ?
( especially when you move the mouse from right to left , is that as responsive and smooth as any other screens? )

Thanks.

Sorry I can't quite quantify it but to me it is definitely acceptable for day to day use.

Do you have any idea how to order that screen from a korean or asian Website ? I am living near Korea. Thanks.

Where do you live exactly? I may be able to help. You may have to pay a premium over the RRP though for agent and shipping fees.

I live North Thailand, Chiang Mai. would be nice to get one :)

I read here and there that China have some too.

[X]eltic;1041289368 said:

Amazon.co.uk will not ship monitors to the US

That sucks that it won't be available in the U.S. Guess it's either 32" or see what CES will have.

No US version? How ridiculous. Not going through rigmarole of ordering overseas, if philips doesn't want my money then eff them, not giving it to them.

Guess the Acer 32" is looking like choice #1 now.

I live North Thailand, Chiang Mai. would be nice to get one :)

I read here and there that China have some too.

You're right - I got mine from China, ecommerce platform called Taobao (kinda like eBay Buy-It-Now). You'll need to find a Thai Taobao shipping agent (I tried googling but the results were all in Thai - can't help there!), I can give you the link of the seller I purchased from - legit, high sales volume - and you'll need to work with the shipping agent to buy it. Let me know if you need more information.

I think the Seiki models and what we will see at CES 2015 will trump this monitor.
It's December, so at this point I will be patient for a different monitor.
It's true, patience should win out; I don't want to drop $1000+ only to be regretting it in a few months. This monitor, though, hits all the sweet spots for me.
Amazon.co.uk will not ship monitors to the US
I have friends in the UK who could reship it for me, if I were so inclined. With a 20% VAT, I would have to be convinced nothing comparable would be coming to the US, which I don't think is true. It's hard to wait, though.
Give it a few months, It may come to the US under a different model number or rebrand

That's a great point as well.

Wow, just got this in reply from @Philips:
philips-tweet.jpg

Whaaaaaaa?

Now you US-people get a taste how it feels to be treated as periphery located somewhere in the boondocks :mad:. We EU-people get this feeling much more often :D.

Now you US-people get a taste how it feels to be treated as periphery located somewhere in the boondocks :mad:. We EU-people get this feeling much more often :D.

Be careful putting that much gloat on your crow.:rolleyes:

Thanks.

No change in mouse responsiveness, but I have a Mionix NAOS 8200 mouse, so it's very smooth.

I tested with League of Legends, Lineage II and CS:GO and it was the same as on my old monitor, I didn't feel like there was more input lag. For me this monitor is fine for gaming, at least on the games that I tend to play.

No change in mouse responsiveness, but I have a Mionix NAOS 8200 mouse, so it's very smooth.

I tested with League of Legends, Lineage II and CS:GO and it was the same as on my old monitor, I didn't feel like there was more input lag. For me this monitor is fine for gaming, at least on the games that I tend to play.

Wow. Now I want a new mouse...

I'd be very surprised if this monitor doesn't come to the US. Give it time, I reckon Q1 next year you should see it. And its up for pre-order here in Australia, $1040AU from Scorptec.

You're right - I got mine from China, ecommerce platform called Taobao (kinda like eBay Buy-It-Now). You'll need to find a Thai Taobao shipping agent (I tried googling but the results were all in Thai - can't help there!), I can give you the link of the seller I purchased from - legit, high sales volume - and you'll need to work with the shipping agent to buy it. Let me know if you need more information.

Should be said you don't actually need an agent, at least not if you're from Thailand since Taobao actually covers that region, that being said, if you want to contact the seller you either need to speak Chinese, or know someone that does, since most taobao sellers will not know how to speak English, which is where most agents come in, they give points on how taobao works (taobao rating system is hilarious), handle shipping which may be required for certain countries, and they handle communication between the buyer and seller, they may also provide some alternative payment methods like paypal and what not, although that is of little use since taobao is really like ebay, except a lot bigger.

For anyone thinking of ordering from taobao it isn't just the Price + P&P that needs to be considered, since this is the sort of item that will very likely be stopped at customs, so in all likely the price would be the price of (the seller + P&P) + vat (over the declared price) + any customs fees.

P.S. Not actually correcting you, just clarifying things for people that don't know what taobao is.

I have friends in the UK who could reship it for me, if I were so inclined. With a 20% VAT, I would have to be convinced nothing comparable would be coming to the US, which I don't think is true. It's hard to wait, though.

Also not sure if you are aware of this, but you would very likely need to add your region VAT to that price too, plus some fees, since this product would almost certainly be stopped at customs and get taxed.

Some of you guys are totally crazy :)

If I was going to spend 1000$ on imported display I'd totally wait for proper reviews first :p

Back