*Phew* Just pulled the trigger on 3x HIS 7970s!!!

BostonHXC

Limp Gawd
Yep going from 2x 570 SLI to 3x 7970 Trifire!!!!

Based on the reviews they scale amazingly. . . Damn the price was scary!

when you get them in, report back with your gameplay impressions!
especially a comment on SLI vs. CFX microstutter

P8Z68V-Pro

I know the 3rd slot is only 4x, but... I plan on upgrading at Ivy Bridge release

Congrats on going with 3 of those bad boys. Looking forward to seeing how awesome they are for you.

Congrats on going with 3 of those bad boys. Looking forward to seeing how awesome they are for you.

Thanks! Ill try to get them installed and a re-build on the system before next weekend so I can get some benchmarks ASAP.

Congratz!

I still have to wait, but it's getting harder & harder!

Running 3 Reference Gigabytes Stock voltage at 1100/1500 with no stuttering or problems except Tri-Fire in Crysis 2 and Batman give me negative scaling and texture problems.

Congratz!

I still have to wait, but it's getting harder & harder!

This^

Just this week, my 5970 has started to act up. Had to reduce OC and volts after having them there for years. It's running plenty cool, too. It's time is nigh, and I'm dying for 1 or 2 ASUS DCIIs. I was going to hold out for better drivers and a review or two, but I don't know if I can make it.

This^
. It's time is nigh, and I'm dying for 1 or 2 ASUS DCIIs. I was going to hold out for better drivers and a review or two, but I don't know if I can make it.

You may not have a choice. With stock looking like it is, new drivers may come out before we see the DCIIs again. :( Hopefully not though.

You may not have a choice. With stock looking like it is, new drivers may come out before we see the DCIIs again. :( Hopefully not though.

That's why I went with HIS rather than waiting for the Gigabyte 3 fan option to come back into stock at the egg.

Any idea what the HIS warranty is like?

Welcome to the club, I just added a 4th 7970 to my Rampage 4 Ext. 3930k setup with 32 GB of ram. These cards scale amazingly well. Don't listen to the idiots on here with driver problems, the cards perform great.

High Five!

I'm also glad that no one isn't questioning his decision, unlike other forums.
Buy what you want ya know.

High Five!

I'm also glad that no one isn't questioning his decision, unlike other forums.
Buy what you want ya know.

That's why I like this forum, for the most part except for the odd troll we all post useful info or at least topics that are interesting.

Does anyone know of a good 1155 Board that has 8x8x8x or 16x16x8x PCI-E config that supports crossfirex?

Putting the 4th slot in 4x mode on this P8Z68V-Pro board disables the USB Headers and the PCI-E x1 slots. Not that this is a big deal for now but it would be cool to have 3 fully functional x16 or x8 slots that do not interfere with the IO Panel config.

I so want to do tri-fire with these too but I'm on the fence. Right now I'm on tri-fire SLI 580GTX powering a single 120Hz display (yes, overkill I know but this is [H] damnit) and the fluidity is just breath-taking with my min fps not dropping below 100 fps. I would love to see tri-fire results on eyefinity in BF3 (low vs ultra graphic settings) before going to the red team.

Does anyone know of a good 1155 Board that has 8x8x8x or 16x16x8x PCI-E config that supports crossfirex?

Asus Maximus IV Extreme would be a good mobo

Any idea what the HIS warranty is like?

A friend of mine went only with HIS cards. He really liked them and had very good warrany support. I wouldn't have any reservations getting a HIS card.

Last edited:
I so want to do tri-fire with these too but I'm on the fence. Right now I'm on tri-fire SLI 580GTX powering a single 120Hz display (yes, overkill I know but this is [H] damnit) and the fluidity is just breath-taking with my min fps not dropping below 100 fps. I would love to see tri-fire results on eyefinity in BF3 (low vs ultra graphic settings) before going to the red team.

Well Ill keep you posted then

Asus Maximus IV Extreme would be a good mobo

A friend of mine went only with HIS cards. He really liked them and had very good warrany support. I wouldn't have any reservations getting a HIS card.

Good to know about the HIS cards.

Back