MHZ - 3006
FSB - 231
MUlti - 13.0
VCORE - 1.36
HT - 2312
FSB-DRAM - 3:10
DRAM - 770
MEM VOLT - 1.5
Idle temps are 34 and Intel Burn Test peaked at 49 but generally hovered at 45 -46.
Any suggestions to get it a lil more stable? Never BSOD'd but wouldn't pass IBT.

Up the Vcore..Don't be afraid, just keep an eye on your temps..I am feeding my 45nm 1055T 1.5V to get to 4.3Ghz..These chips shouldn't need too much Vcore at that speed, but it's possible you have a dud..

vcores to low..

1. drop the HTT(hypertransport) to 8x,
2. drop the ram to to ddr3 1333 or ddr3 1066 to remove it as the variable in the overclock..
3. up the vcore to 1.45v
4. raise the FSB slowly.. 10mhz at a time.. so start at 215. do a few runs on IBT.. if its stable go back raise it again 10mhz.. do this til it becomes unstable or your temps become to high (eg. above 60C)..

you may also have to raise the NB voltage as you raise the FSB because it will increase your NB clock.. now if your motherboard has an option to lower the NB multiplier then i recommend doing that..

the rule of thumb is to keep the HTT below 2.5ghz.. and keep the ram at DDR3 1600 or lower

if you need any more help in realtime and have any questions that need to be answered right away.. feel free to join the irc channel and ill try to help you..

irc://irc.dp.cx:6667/hardocp

I'm reposting this from the other thread where you asked me about my bios settings. Hope this helps.

CPU OverClock: Manual
CPU/HT Reference Clock: 245
GPU OC: Auto
PCIE OC: Auto

Proc Freq Multiplier: Auto
CPU/NB Freq: Auto
CPU Over Voltage: +150mv
VDDNB Over Voltage: +33mv
Loadline Calibration: Auto

HT Link Freq: 1800MHz
Link Width: Auto

Memory Clock Mode: Manual
Memclock Value: 333MHz
DRAM Timing Mode: Auto
Memory Over Voltage: 2.10000

Chipset OverVoltage: Auto

You guys should really post these things in the overclocking section instead of here.

You guys should really post these things in the overclocking section instead of here.

I think it is almost like we are a small community within the HardOCP community. Threads posted in the Intel/AMD section also seem to disappear more quickly that stuff posted here. Topics in the DC section seem to stay around forever, while topics posted in the cpu sections disappear pretty quickly.

well seeing as im usually the only one that posts on AMD overclocking threads it probably doesnt matter.. :p

plus theres a difference between prime IBT stable and winsmp A3 WU stable.. for example my phenom II 940 is prime and IBT stable at 1.465v but im only stable on A3 WU's at 1.49v.. so its good to at least have some numbers here for people running AMD hardware and running the SMP client..

sorry to rez my own old thread, but since it's finally cooling off here in LV I'll be back folding again. Thanks to Sirmonkeys help I finally got my oc stable at 3.12. Gonna maybe try some more since I really haven't pushed it too much. I'm fairly happy with a jump from 2.6 to 3.12 though.

nice.. time to push that baby higher.. get into the 3.4ghz range ppd is pretty nice.. should avg around 5500-6k PPD..

3.2 didn't pass IBT @ 1.46 Vcore. I think that's all she's got in her. I'm gonna start Folding tomorrow. So we'll see if it's stable.

Welcome back man! If you are stable at where you are now, just be happy as people don't always need to overclock their processors to the bleeding edge. A stable overclock that you know is always stable is always better than trying to run too close on the ragged edge and always having to wonder whether it is stable or not.

3.2 didn't pass IBT @ 1.46 Vcore. I think that's all she's got in her. I'm gonna start Folding tomorrow. So we'll see if it's stable.

probably hitting the limits of the NB.. in your bios do you have an option of lowering the multiplier on the NB? you could also try raising the CPU NB voltage a tad bit to see if that helps..

I backed it down to 3.1 and seems good. I set up everything and seems stable on an A3 Project: 6701 (Run 13, Clone 4, Gen 35). 16 mins TPF which if I remember correctly is much better than I was doing before I did the summer shutdown. Regardless, Thanks alot for the help!

Back