Phenom II 920 / 940 for sale @ NCIX

ZMTToxics

Gawd
940: http://www.ncix.com/products/index....DZ940XCGIBOX&manufacture=AMD DUAL CORE/GAMING
920: http://www.ncix.com/products/index....DX920XCGIBOX&manufacture=AMD DUAL CORE/GAMING

I think ill be waiting a few months to get one, but damn if I am not excited. :D

Edit: Apparently only the Canadian NCIX has them listed. Thank the beavers I live in Canada! :D

Edit: Apparently they were taken down. Buy.com is still listing them here:
http://www.buy.com/prod/phenom-ii-x...5w-3600mhz-pib-black/q/loc/101/210490182.html

While it's tempting to buy a 940 at launch my 2.6GHz seems to be doing an alright job as is and it might be better to wait for a potential 3.2 GHz version in the future.

I'm not familiar with NCIX, they reputable for delivery to the US?

Nice, 2.8GHz and 3.0GHz out of the box. 125W, Meh.

Edit: Actually 125W is not that bad considering the 2.66GHz Core i7 has 130W.

Buy.com and a few other places have it listed.. out of stock though. Looks like they're prepping for a December launch.

well ncix is always over priced.. so id expect newegg to have them for around 25-30 dollars (USD) less then ncix.. so thats not a bad start off price for them.. will give intel a run for their money with the C2Q.. i still dont think they will be released before the current release date.. but i wouldnt be suprised if they are up for pre-order on all the major sites before christmas.. if they were prepping for a december release we would of seen them up for pre-sale in november.. but so far the numbers have shown they should compete with all the C2Q's so if they do.. start watching the prices fall on the C2Q 9450 9550 9650 and qx9770.. cuz theres no way intel will be able to compete with the current prices on those cores..

i guess they pulled it, I would expect to see them within the next week or 2.

The 940 was showing up as $360 CAD or something. I don't remember. Buy.com is showing under $300 for the 940, and $250 for the 920.

Yes... that's why I signified the one price with "CAD". When I don't type "CAD", I'm speaking in US dollars.

Dammit. When are they going to put a couple of these in the hands of Kyle to test?! I want real-world numbers to justify the cost. This waiting is killing me. LOL

I'm going to the AMD Dragon event in Chicago tonight so I will have some updates for you guys when I get back as far as overclocking/pricing/availability goes. At least I'd hope I get some solid info. :D

I'm going to the AMD Dragon event in Chicago tonight so I will have some updates for you guys when I get back as far as overclocking/pricing/availability goes. At least I'd hope I get some solid info. :D
Take a camera, then report back here with pictures.

Where in Chicago ?
What time ?
Is it open to the public ? ( Not that it matters to me, I can get in almost anywhere ).

Details damn it !!!

They're plenty reputable, just expect slow, expensive shipping from Canada.

LoL I found this hilarious because I ordered something at 10 p.m. last night EST and it arrived 2 minutes ago... 8:36 a.m. EST oh and shipping was $8 CDN or $6.50 USD

Vancouver to Toronto or Seattle to NYC

Cross border shopping/shipping is worse then highway robbery... way too expensive and all these "businesses" at the border asking for a piece of the pie to simply unload a truck calling it "Brokerage Fees"...

well ncix is always over priced.. so id expect newegg to have them for around 25-30 dollars (USD) less then ncix.. so thats not a bad start off price for them.. will give intel a run for their money with the C2Q.. i still dont think they will be released before the current release date.. but i wouldnt be suprised if they are up for pre-order on all the major sites before christmas.. if they were prepping for a december release we would of seen them up for pre-sale in november.. but so far the numbers have shown they should compete with all the C2Q's so if they do.. start watching the prices fall on the C2Q 9450 9550 9650 and qx9770.. cuz theres no way intel will be able to compete with the current prices on those cores..

The 940 was showing up as $360 CAD or something. I don't remember. Buy.com is showing under $300 for the 940, and $250 for the 920.

ncix does price matching...

ShopBLT shows they will have 100 on 12-27-2008 so it looks good. i want to see some real-world numbers. because amd might able to pull a rabbit out of there hat. which would be good for amd. so i am hoping that phemon II is a good chip. because i am looking to upgrade.

i was considering these. they compare favorably to the Q9450's and Q9550's yes? :)

ShopBLT shows they will have 100 on 12-27-2008 so it looks good.
Mmmm BLT.

That's pretty much what I had been predicting. The launch isn't until 1/8 but I said some would probably be for sale right before the end of the year. AMD did that with the 65nm Athlon 64/X2 and at least one time before that too.

They're probably nothing to write home about. AMD hasn't even provided (p)review samples in anticipation of the launch. They only do that when they want to "control the reviews," and it's not a good sign. It will probably be a decent clock for clock performance upgrade vs Agena (plus higher clocks on top of that), but not enough to change the competitive landscape vs Core 2 Quad.

It will be great when these are officially available so real sites can do reviews.

If i were to get one of these, what mobo is recommended for 24/7 fairly high OC?

AMD forum seems a bit dead (just thread jack a bit ;) ), anyone throw me a model i can look up on?

the AMD's P5Q Pro/ GB P45 UD3 equivalent? If it exists :/

They used the gigabyte 790GX board when they did the 6Ghz overclock if that tells you anything.

<SNIP>

They're probably nothing to write home about.

Actually, they are something to write home about, especially if you don't feel like shelling out the approximately $800 you'd need for a new motherboard, memory, and CPU you'd have to buy if you wanted a Core I7 system.

Personally, I'd rather spend $300 and if I had an extra $500 it would go towards a new graphics card They're faster, cooler, clock higher, and use a helluva lot less power than the parts they're replacing.

Could you be any more obvious in your anti-AMD stance? Forgotten perhaps that you're in an AMD forum?

Back