Phenom II 550 x4 Quad

Now you're giving people ideas and they're gonna start unlocking their dual core Intels into Super X Quads ;)

Now we know what is the advantage of native quad cores compared to MCM :p

AMD should add the core unlocking feature officially in BIOS, that way they will get more sales since more people might want to try their luck if the core unlocking can be done on the majority of the mobos, not just some mobos with older BIOS.

Nah those chips very cool.... :eek:
My phenom does the same when unlocking the 4th core...I was feeling good by getting a free core but now I am feeling like I got ripped off! :D

Now we know what is the advantage of native quad cores compared to MCM :p

AMD should add the core unlocking feature officially in BIOS, that way they will get more sales since more people might want to try their luck if the core unlocking can be done on the majority of the mobos, not just some mobos with older BIOS.

AMD DOES,,,ASUS motherboard model and BIOS support Version:
M4A79 Deluxe
M4A79T Deluxe
M4A78-E
M4A78T-E

Open method: BIOS Lane, ACC function Unleashing Mode under a number of options, the Unleashing Mode is set to Enable, you can open the 4 core CPU smoothly.

i was just reading about this over at XS forum. have you run orthos etc to make sure all the cores are functional?

Back