Phenom 9950 BE 140W $139.99 Frys.com

this is damn tempting. ive been eyeing one of these for a new system build for the last week now.

According to Giga-byte's website, my 780G board supports 140W! I might be all over this here real soon!
Jason

I saw that in the local ad this morning. None of my Phenom compatible boards supports it. Very cheap price though.

I think it comes down to how much better is the 125W version? If not much, then this is a good buy.

I think it comes down to how much better is the 125W version? If not much, then this is a good buy.

I doubt it would be much. the problem is that the phenoms are lackluster at best and hope is over the horizon. Or at least an intel chip

even at that price its not selling well. that is what he means. if it goes under a 100 I will bite but otherwise I am going intel or maybe the newer 45nm

Still don't get why it is funny. Fanboy humor I guess.

even at that price its not selling well. that is what he means. if it goes under a 100 I will bite but otherwise I am going intel or maybe the newer 45nm

Well that and other things. Anyone remember how fast q9550 sold out the first time frys had a deal on it? Or the second time whenever frys did the same deal again? I guess I am not the only one who is still skeptical of phenom oc ability and rather smaller ipc compared to the quad conroes (kentsfield ). Despite that $146+ for a phenom 9950 is a really good price, the cost of a good sb750 mobo and 2 x 2 Gb 1000 (or 1066) ddr2 ram kit
still can't justify it for me. Also the fact that "kuma" x2 phenom, intels i7 line and amds 45nm quads and 45nm denebs are all rolling out sometime later q4 2008 make any hasty purchase now seem foolish in a month.

Well that and other things. Anyone remember how fast q9550 sold out the first time frys had a deal on it? Or the second time whenever frys did the same deal again? I guess I am not the only one who is still skeptical of phenom oc ability and rather smaller ipc compared to the quad conroes (kentsfield ). Despite that $146+ for a phenom 9950 is a really good price, the cost of a good sb750 mobo and 2 x 2 Gb 1000 (or 1066) ddr2 ram kit
still can't justify it for me. Also the fact that "kuma" x2 phenom, intels i7 line and amds 45nm quads and 45nm denebs are all rolling out sometime later q4 2008 make any hasty purchase now seem foolish in a month.

true that. If a it offered me a good upgrade I might bite on it but its NOT that much of an upgrade for me or a lot of the existing Phenom board owners. 2.3 vs 2.6 and knowing that overclocking on my board might bring me 3 vs 2.6 under vista 64 with overclocking. To really be a upgrade considering for me it would have to be less then a hundred dollars. even then I would be "meh" about it

and you covered the new build pretty well. now if I was building new mid range rigs that would be a different story

I am going to pick up mine but I may not be keeping it. I will let people have it for my cost + shipping if anyone is interested.

Back