phase exchange water chill

Abadon

n00b
alright so i decided to go with a water chill solution (because the setup of my case) so i'm gonna put the refrigeration unit together then stick a tube heat exchanger in the loop and have the one side get cool by the frige unit, since water is obviously a bad choice ^^ is there any liquids that have good thermal properies to absorb the cold temps? also can the available water cooling pumps and water blocks on the market handle the cold temps, or the different liquid types that are not standard to liquid cooling niche?

How cold are you going?
Most watercooling setups really just use antifreeze. You know, the same stuff you put in your car? Pink stuff, mind you, not green. (The green likes to eat plastics!)
Grab a bottle of Prestone, and review the "mix ratio chart." Tells you the freezing and boiling points based on how many parts antifreeze to how many parts water.

Alot of antifreeze will prevent burst until -50C, but the liquid can become gelatinous before that. You can go to home depot and what not and get some denatured alcohol, or some other alcohol based paint thinner.

i want to some tweaking with the system, but not major tweaking that i want record freezing temps that i want direct die contact

Im using window washer fluid on mine, there's probably better stuff out there but this is cheap and it does the job..... been running orthos for about an hour and water temp is at -18.5c:D

Im using an old Swiftech mcw 5000 waterblock and Ive never had a problem with it.... well its only been 2 days lol...

Back