Phantke's new Enthoo Primo

[In Depth Review by MNPCTECH] Phanteks Enthoo Primo: The Ferrari FXX of WC Casing

Just watched this 48 minute MonsterMawd video review. Bill of Mnpctech and Jesse from The Mod did a great job!
I much prefer written reviews to videos but they did an outstanding job of showing us the Enthoo Primo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIpoC65bpX4

Jesse is doing an in depth custom loop review on The Mod Zoo website too... HURRY UP JESSE!!
Really want to get my hands on one and test out it's great air cooled capabilities.

Case looks impressive except for the reservoir plate that blocks long video cards.

Once proper liquid system is installed, another video update will be made. Thanks for sharing!

Not so sure what the hoopla is about.

Essentially the same overall design as a Corsair 800D.:eek:

Not so sure what the hoopla is about.

Essentially the same overall design as a Corsair 800D.:eek:

i wouldn't say it's the same design: the PSU has a differente position, there are also much better options for installing radiators (you could only fit one 360 on the 800D without a little modding), also this case seems to have a much better cable management.

if this is what phanteks cases are going to look like, nzxt and corsair have some stiff competition on their hands

Phanteks is aiming Primo to appeal to DIY Liquid cooling market, which is growing exponentially. Popularity of AIOs has helped, which I consider gateway to DIY liquid cooling for many consumers. Global sales of our radiator grills has eclipsed all of our other products over the past two years. Any review site installing an aircooled system in the Primo is not watching our market trends.

Excluding CaseLabs, LD Cooling, Mountain Mods,... Corsair's 900D is closest retail chain alternative to the Primo atm. You would be amazed at how many people dropped $369.99 on a 900D. Not just here, but globally... At $150 cheaper, there is going to be a wave of Phanteks builds appearing on [H] alone over next 12 months,...providing they can meet consumer demand.

just for quick reference

Corsair 900D Radiator Options:

Front: up to 360mm
Top: up to 480mm or 420mm
Bottom side one: up to single 480mm or 420mm
Bottom side two (with PSU installed): up to 280mm or 240mm
Rear: 140mm or 120mm

Phanteks Enthoo Primo Radiator Options:

Front: up to 240mm
Top: up to 480mm or 420mm
Bottom: up to single 480mm or 280mm
Side: (w/o HDD cages) Up to 240
Rear: 120mm or 140mm

Props for the pcdesign labs t-shirt in this video. :) I've got the same one and I still rock it pretty regularly.

Awesome! Saddens me that Dave is no longer making cases, but since then, we've done some awesome client projects together. The Official Star Trek PC for Comic-Con and collaborated on the successful 400R mid tower case for Corsair. Hes also helped Mnpctech developed some products over the years.

i wouldn't say it's the same design: the PSU has a differente position, there are also much better options for installing radiators (you could only fit one 360 on the 800D without a little modding), also this case seems to have a much better cable management.

Precisely. What fun is it to buy a case and not tear it completely apart and put stuff where you want it?

If you have cable management issues with an 800 or 900 D then you've got problems......:D

I think Phanteks have come up with another winner. The Enthoo Primo is definitely going to lead the pack for awhile. ;)

Installing an aircooled system in the Primo, is like buying a Shelby Cobra Kit car, and installing a Prius engine...

Awesome case for water cooling. The Youtube video review was great.

Hope they build an extreme water cooling case for mini ITX builders.

Son-of-a-bitch.......:eek:

I watched Bill's video.......holy jeebus.......this is my next case.

Sorry Corsair, this Primo is Primo.

Where do I get one of these?

Really, really nice video Bill. Very well done.
Thanks!!:D

Sorry Corsair, this Primo is Primo.

Haha, no apologies necessary, they have some very interesting ideas and I think for a first case they really knocked it out of the park. Nice work, guys.

doyll - do you work for Phanteks? If so what do you do there? You've been all over this thread with up-to-date info.

Haha, no apologies necessary, they have some very interesting ideas and I think for a first case they really knocked it out of the park. Nice work, guys.

doyll - do you work for Phanteks? If so what do you do there? You've been all over this thread with up-to-date info.

HeHeHe......look man, not trying to get you down.

My current setup is nice and cozy in an 800D......

I do like this Primo for the watercooling possibilities.
But I have much Corsair.....and with good reason.....best CS anywhere.:D

I agree about doyll......he must be a real groupie or something....:eek:

Last edited:
I have been waiting on this case since it was announced forever ago it seems lol! If I had been able to catch the 800D during the 50% off Corsair sale with free shipping I would have had to grab one! The 800D has always been a dream case of mine, and I had high hopes for the 900D but I feel its very overpriced. Perhaps if Corsair was to slash the price of the 900D to the same price as the Primo....;)

That's a really nice build up there.
Are those tubes the new bendable deals from Primochill?

My only dislike with cases in general is/are the pass-through grommets.....I realize why they are there, but....Id just rather remove them or cover the whole area up......they just detract from an otherwise pristine looking build.

I agree about doyll......he must be a real groupie or something....:eek:
No affiliation with Phanteks other than using many of their products from day one and know how great their customer service & support is.
As I'm very interested in this case and often hear and/or see new info before most I post it up for interested people..
If you are not interested in the updates just say so and I'll let your groupie clique do it's own thing. :D

No affiliation with Phanteks other than using many of their products from day one and know how great their customer service & support is.
As I'm very interested in this case and often hear and/or see new info before most I post it up for interested people..
If you are not interested in the updates just say so and I'll let your groupie clique do it's own thing. :D

Nothing wrong with being enthusiastic about a new product.;)

Thanks Magoo. I agree with your previous post about grommets being a distraction from an otherwise nice clean surface.

A couple of thoughts of how to deal with them:
* Replace with solid rubber grommets without the slotting.
* Laminate a cover over the entire area. Could use most anything from wood veneer, carbon fiber look, or just smooth black.

Case has so much potential without having to do serious modding. :D

I do not plan to use this case to it's potential, but I like the looks, size, and options. Eventually I may delve into WC with the Swiftech H2-360 Elite (I think that's correct) and I'll have no trouble installing in this case.

Thanks Magoo. I agree with your previous post about grommets being a distraction from an otherwise nice clean surface.

A couple of thoughts of how to deal with them:
* Replace with solid rubber grommets without the slotting.
* Laminate a cover over the entire area. Could use most anything from wood veneer, carbon fiber look, or just smooth black.

Case has so much potential without having to do serious modding. :D

Correct.
In my current case, an 800D, I use Acousti-Pack acoustic dampening foam.
After accounting for the size of the motherboard, I removed the grommets all around.
I cut the foam to be essentially seamless, covering the remaining bare metal.
To route wire, I can then just cut a slit in the foam.
It took just less than a full sheet.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/7...al_Sound_Dampening_APExtS_.html?tl=g7c117s778

rpjkw11, it will be hard for most of us to use the Primo to it's full potential. :D

magoo, hadn't thought of using sound deadening material. Good idea!

rpjkw11, it will be hard for most of us to use the Primo to it's full potential. :D

magoo, hadn't thought of using sound deadening material. Good idea!

Agreed..I cannot wait for this case to be available! So glad i held out on the H630, assuming I can get one in the next month or so.

I'm hearing rumors of a hick-up throwing expected delivery back a a couple of weeks. Hope it's just rumors. :(

In UK it is now early October. :(

I would expect same for North America and rest of Europe.

That's a really nice build up there.
Are those tubes the new bendable deals from Primochill?

My only dislike with cases in general is/are the pass-through grommets.....I realize why they are there, but....Id just rather remove them or cover the whole area up......they just detract from an otherwise pristine looking build.

Yes, he used the new bendable tubing from primochill :)

Back