Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX Mid Tower Chassis Review @ [H]

Hai

20151024_015138.jpg

oooh, you goty a predator already eh?

Yep, yep. Warlust has one in the same Evolv ATX as well. It does very well in the front although it's difficult to achieve positive pressure at idle without having the Predator fans up too high with the particular fan setup in this case.

that is a 360, the 240 doesn't have the grey disconnect and the lines would be thinner for the 240

That's what i was thining, I only see two fans though, and no room for a third. a modified 240?

That's what i was thining, I only see two fans though, and no room for a third. a modified 240?

The radiator is in the front of the case, those two fans you see are just top mounted case fans, the reflection makes it hard to see but that radiator takes up the entire length of the front of the case which would be 3 fans tall

oh! LOl t hanks, ya it didnt stand out. Now i can't un-see it ;)

nice... very nice. Are there fans on the other side of the radiator? guessing not.

oh! LOl t hanks, ya it didnt stand out. Now i can't un-see it ;)

nice... very nice. Are there fans on the other side of the radiator? guessing not.

yeah there should be and if you look really hard you can kind of see them, but the glare makes it really hard

Haha, yea... It's the Predator 360. It was pretty late and I had crappy light but I was excited to have the build finished (at least until the qdc waterblock comes in), lol. The fans are on the other side of the radiator (there is room to fit push/pull in there too). I'll have some better pics up in a few days when I install the waterblock. :D

Super sexy, I like it! $179 though is kinda high. $89 is the most I have ever spent on a case (Antec Sonata). Nowadays $50 is my limit. My Antec 300 was $50 maybe 4 years ago and it's totally been my favorite bang for the buck case. But it's not sexy.

For a quality aluminum case $179.99 is actually pretty inexpensive. $300+ Lian-Li's were common on these forums a few years ago.

So that thing fits in there with room to spare top and bottom?

... do you have room for an optical drive? I know, nostalgic...

For a quality aluminum case $179.99 is actually pretty inexpensive. $300+ Lian-Li's were common on these forums a few years ago.

IKR? I used many of those high end Lian Li and Silverstone cases.

Haha, yea... It's the Predator 360. It was pretty late and I had crappy light but I was excited to have the build finished (at least until the qdc waterblock comes in), lol. The fans are on the other side of the radiator (there is room to fit push/pull in there too). I'll have some better pics up in a few days when I install the waterblock. :D

The GPU block? Are they out already? Been waiting....will have to snatch one up for my 980Ti. Wish they had a prefilled monoblock for my motherboard. I know they do, but not prefilled. Next step is to install a couple 3mm LEDs in the block.

Yep, yep. Warlust has one in the same Evolv ATX as well. It does very well in the front although it's difficult to achieve positive pressure at idle without having the Predator fans up too high with the particular fan setup in this case.

Not too hard my friend. I have the 3 exhaust fans running from the PWM hub in the rear connected to the CPU_2 header. Predator PWM header goes into the CPU_1. Pretty easy to regulate in the UEFI fan control. As long as I can feel air is coming out of the rear honeycomb grating, I know it's positive.

Last edited:
So that thing fits in there with room to spare top and bottom?

... do you have room for an optical drive? I know, nostalgic...
No,this case does not have a 5.25 bay,but even if it did there would not be room.

Enthoo Pro M, same internals but made of steel, mesh front with 5.25 bay and MUCH cheaper like $79. same size though so a front mounted 360 wont work if you need the optical bay.

Why do so many people "need" an internal 5.25" OD? You can buy an external one for like $40. It's almost 2016!

Anyone know if the new EK Predator 360 (all-in-one cooler) the hose would be long enough to mount it in front of the case? thx.

New replacement Predator is in so I figured I'd post a shot of my finished Evolv ATX (just have a little wire/tubing to reroute).

IMG_0622_zpsefpvfxc9.jpg

New replacement Predator is in so I figured I'd post a shot of my finished Evolv ATX (just have a little wire/tubing to reroute).

IMG_0622_zpsefpvfxc9.jpg

Sorry If I'm raining on your parade, but EKWB announced a recall of all Predator systems for leaking 'O'-ring problem.
EK Water Blocks is regrettably informing the public and its customers that EK-XLC Predator 240 and 360, our pre-filled and pre-assembled all-in-one (AIO) CPU liquid cooling units have to be completely recalled from the market due to potential risk of leakage of liquid from the unit.
https://www.ekwb.com/news/656/19/Im...XLC-Predator-240-and-360-R1-0-Product-recall/

Phanteks make great products. I have Enthoo Primo and Enthoo Luxe and love them both! Also use several of their coolers and love them too.

I want to ask how much distance there is from the radiator to the motherboard?
I was wondering about clearance for the 12 power plug and any chance that some memory are too tall for this.
I am building a new system and thinking of going with and asus x99-a and a corsair H110i Gt cooler mounted in the top.
memory, I don't know yet.
any problems here?

hate to see a cover placed with no vents directly above the fans, does this effect cooling?
That is why I was looking at the Cooler Master MasterCase pro 5

I can't decide which is best for top mounted cooling

Last edited:
This case is a beast. The panels are a work of art, 3mm thick aluminum throughout. Previous case was a Corsair Carbide 540 Air which I also really liked, but the big cube shape took up too much desk space.

Anyway, I'm contemplating trying to replace the plastic window with tempered glass, anyone have some tips/tricks for a mod like this?

This case is a beast. The panels are a work of art, 3mm thick aluminum throughout. Previous case was a Corsair Carbide 540 Air which I also really liked, but the big cube shape took up too much desk space.

Anyway, I'm contemplating trying to replace the plastic window with tempered glass, anyone have some tips/tricks for a mod like this?

Ha!, Yeah, I switched over to the Evolve case coming from the same 540 Air you had (had the silver version)
And like you I got tired of its cube design taking up all my desk space also. It was a nice case but it just wore out its welcome.

Should be easy enough, Just get you some tempered glass cut with about a half inch lip on it, use some 3M (tape of the gods) to fasten it to the panel from the inside.
Amazon.com: 3M Scotch Heavy Duty Mounting Tape, Clear (4010): Home Improvement
10:50 for Tape Strength test.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
^
Yikes, tempered glass is expensive. Would cost around $70 for the size I would need. Might look into other options, including plate glass. Anyway, thanks for the info.

Hey guys - I just bought a Evolv about 3 weeks ago - With an Asus Hero VIII motherboard. The case has a PWM for the case fans that says it goes to the CPU FAN on my MOBO. However I also have an H100i and that goes into the CPU FAN also.

I put the PWM in the CPU FAN slot and the pump somewhere else - I had to set my bios to ignore on the CPU fan speed though and that made me worried in case the pump dies. What do I do in this case? Should the pump go into the CPU FAN spot on the mobo and the PWM somewhere else?

Hey guys - I just bought a Evolv about 3 weeks ago - With an Asus Hero VIII motherboard. The case has a PWM for the case fans that says it goes to the CPU FAN on my MOBO. However I also have an H100i and that goes into the CPU FAN also.

I put the PWM in the CPU FAN slot and the pump somewhere else - I had to set my bios to ignore on the CPU fan speed though and that made me worried in case the pump dies. What do I do in this case? Should the pump go into the CPU FAN spot on the mobo and the PWM somewhere else?

I have this same case. Put the PWM fan controller into the CPU FAN 1 & the Pump into CPU FAN 2 if your motherboard supports it. I this case mine did but I have a MSI Z170 SLI Plus board.

I have this same case. Put the PWM fan controller into the CPU FAN 1 & the Pump into CPU FAN 2 if your motherboard supports it. I this case mine did but I have a MSI Z170 SLI Plus board.

okay so I did that and it got rid of the fan error. I put the pump fans into CPU 1 though and the case PWM fans into CPU 2. does it matter? also how do I control the case fans??

Seems better now though - no more CPU error and that means if my pump dies I'll know thankfully.

On another note.. i just bought this 3 weeks ago. Kind of pissed they have the tempered glass one now.

okay so I did that and it got rid of the fan error. I put the pump fans into CPU 1 though and the case PWM fans into CPU 2. does it matter? also how do I control the case fans??

It doesn't matter as long as both are on a "CPU only" fan header.

The fans are controlled through a single PWN signal that is run through the Controller on the back of the case.
Phanteks-Enthoo-EVOLV-ATX-PWM-fan-hub.jpg

From my understanding, that CPU FAN four pin controls all the other fans attached to the board. I'm assuming that whatever RPM you set the CPU fan to in your BIOS will run that same RPM across the board.

If you have the fan headers and want to control them independently I would probably just connect your fans to your Motherboard and control them individually if that's what you want.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter as long as both are on a "CPU only" fan header.

The fans are controlled through a single PWN signal that is run through the Controller on the back of the case.

From my understanding, that CPU FAN four pin controls all the other fans attached to the board. I'm assuming that whatever RPM you set the CPU fan to in your BIOS will run that same RPM across the board.

If you have the fan headers and want to control them independently I would probably just connect your fans to your Motherboard and control them individually if that's what you want.

Got it thank you!

It was because I didnt have my H100i in the CPU fan header. I put that in there and the PWM from the case into the CPU OPT spot and now I have no isses. Many thanks!

Got it thank you!

It was because I didnt have my H100i in the CPU fan header. I put that in there and the PWM from the case into the CPU OPT spot and now I have no isses. Many thanks!

You're welcome, glad you got it to all work out.

Just wondering, are Phanteks coming out with a new version of the Evolv ATX (I know they just came out with tempered)? Seems Amazon (1 to 2 month wait) and Newegg supply is dwindling.

I have a tempered glass version on the way, do you guys prefer running your radiator on top or at the front?

Back