Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX Mid Tower Chassis Review @ [H]

I have a tempered glass version on the way, do you guys prefer running your radiator on top or at the front?

I have a phantek entho evolve tge aswell. I recieved my ek predator 240 in push pull at the front of my case with vardar fans pushing in, and my soon to arrive ml pro 120 led's pulling in.

The only thing is that i felt a bit uneasy having to bend the pipes as much as i needed to, however, it looks and feels good, just that im a little bit of a pussy when it comes to installing aio's coz im afraid of leaks occuring. But all looks good at the moment.

Have one question though.

The pump and two vardar fans use up 3 of the four available slots on the built in hub. To connect the other two ml pro's can i use a fan splitter cable and hook it up to the one remaining fan slot on the built in hub??

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.

P.s first post.

Def going to pick one of these up in the tempered glass variety. Still debating if I want to buy now or wait for another Intel CPU refresh ><

I have my rad on the top. Granted, this case has enough airflow that I doubt it will make any difference at all....

Have one question though.

The pump and two vardar fans use up 3 of the four available slots on the built in hub. To connect the other two ml pro's can i use a fan splitter cable and hook it up to the one remaining fan slot on the built in hub??

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.

P.s first post.

Welcome to the [H]F or something. ;)

As for the fan hub, as long as none of the fans you're hooking up are too high-amperage, you could squeeze an extra one or two on there.

(You also could use your mobo headers for a fan or two as well, if you're out of space)

Is airflow and overheating a problem with this case? The panels have me worried cause they are just vents.

Screw this case. I kept checking the where to buy every week and it listed newegg, tigerdirect ect so I would check them and it was never there. Now I found out they were only on their own store which is not linked from the main site and they are already sold out with more at the end of September.
Order it. I Asked support when I ordered mine and they told me 4-6 weeks?

Shipping notice happened 3 days later.

Is airflow and overheating a problem with this case? The panels have me worried cause they are just vents.

Not at all, this computer has plenty of ventilation, stock. 2 intake 140mm fans will push a lot of air.

It's just the front panel is just one metal piece? The air is getting sucked in from just the sides lot of cases are doing this now.
Maybe I just don't know how the fans work or something you would think a grill would still be better.

ah ok thanks

I just would have to see it in person I seen the guy from Linus Tech Tips build into a tempered glass version it seemed cool just wondering where the heat would go.

It's just the front panel is just one metal piece? The air is getting sucked in from just the sides lot of cases are doing this now.
Maybe I just don't know how the fans work or something you would think a grill would still be better.
The space between the front panel and sides / top / bottom is quite a bit of vent area with none of the normal vent grill disturbing / slowing airflow. I experimented with spacing the front out and spacing it about 1/2" only made 2c difference in temps.

The problem most users have is not sealing unused holes in top radiator/fan mounting tray when using it. Without mounting tray being sealed airflow circles instead of venting out. To increase top venting simple remove screws and unclip top. This more than doubles the top vent area. ;)

LL

doyll - unscrewing the top is fine, except that it was one of the complains of earlier models. If you picked up the case by the top, it'd pop off unexpectedly.

Mine's left screwed in.

I may cover some of the extra air space like they show, possibly.

(Although if you have positive air pressure in the case, it shouldn't be that big of a concern, since air should be pressured to go out, and not back in.)

doyll - unscrewing the top is fine, except that it was one of the complains of earlier models. If you picked up the case by the top, it'd pop off unexpectedly.

Mine's left screwed in.

I may cover some of the extra air space like they show, possibly.

(Although if you have positive air pressure in the case, it shouldn't be that big of a concern, since air should be pressured to go out, and not back in.)
I tested with and without unused mounting tray holes blocked. Blocked makes a huge difference.

Reason is air flows path of least resistance .. a 140mm fan hole is way less resistance than small holes in vent grills. ;) .. meaning air will move around and back down into motherboard area

*debates* I could get some of the cheap magnetic stuff you can cut with scissors and cut to fit there easily enough.

Obviously blocking unused holes in removeabel radiator / fan bracket is only needed if there is a fan or radiator mounted there.

Just finished moving my 1366 rig with most parts from the original 2009 build into the tempered glass version of this case.... I didn't realize cases nowadays made cable management too easy.... great design!

DSC01974.jpg

DSC01977.jpg

DSC01990.jpg

What's the pump/res unit used here?

My last build was an Ncase M1 - it's crazy how easy the cable management is and how easy the loop is in this case! Nice...

What's the pump/res unit used here?

My last build was an Ncase M1 - it's crazy how easy the cable management is and how easy the loop is in this case! Nice...

It's the XSPC D5 Tank Reservoir V3

Mine arrived, I spent at least 5 minutes trying to figure out how to open it :facepalm:

This seems to be only modern case that still offers ability to install at least one optical drive.....And i wouldn't mind retiring my Antec 900

I tested with and without unused mounting tray holes blocked. Blocked makes a huge difference.

Reason is air flows path of least resistance .. a 140mm fan hole is way less resistance than small holes in vent grills. ;) .. meaning air will move around and back down into motherboard area

So I ended up doing some work on my case, and figured out a way to raise the roof without sacrificing the screws, along with bumping out the front of the case for even more airflow.

Cost me 6$ at home depot.
2x 1/2" #6 / 32 Machine Screw
1x #6 Washers (You could get the 12 pack of stainless, it'd be plenty, I was experimenting, so I got more)
2x 1/4" Nylon Spacers
3.jpg

On the front of the case, unscrew the brackets, and insert the spacer and washer. (Washer is probably optional, but I had them)
2.jpg

For the top, Simply insert a washer between the plastic bracket and the case stand off.
1.jpg

The only downside is that the power button becomes recessed, but really, who turns off their computer?
4.jpg

Here's the spacing after it's finished. The air has a fair bit more space to move now.
5.jpg

Since the [H] uses a pretty standardized testing platform, I wonder if we could keep a list of which cases perform better than others for thermals?

I'm guessing this could make the thermal benchmarking part more relevant when comparing cases.

You should contact them! They do custom work. It might be a little more expensive, depending on how much different the mATX top panel is, but I know Joe could hook you up.

You should contact them! They do custom work. It might be a little more expensive, depending on how much different the mATX top panel is, but I know Joe could hook you up.

I reached out and this was their reply.

Thank you for your inquiry.

We are considering the mATX version but we would be a few months away from that decision. We are pretty busy with the ATX version. Stay tuned to social media for updates.

Thankfully my machine runs pretty cool since I have WC on my CPU and GPU but yea I'd love to get the mATX version of the cutout.

Back