Phantasy Star Online 2 is finally out for PC/Xbox in english!

Dan

Supreme [H]ardness
When you use the Friend Referral System to begin Phantasy Star Online 2, both you and your friend will receive wonderful items! P
lease input the following information during registration.
Your friend's Ship: Ship 02:
Ur Your friend's Player ID: 10521674 <- enter this during character creation please. I have no idea wtf it does lol

I downloaded it and played through for about 30 min and it seems like Good fun Free2Play Monster hunter. From what reviews says its one of the best examples of f2p with a cash shop.
Anyone else playing?

Nice! Loved me some PSO on the Gamecube. Will have to check it out.

Tempted to try it out, as PSO on Dreamcast was the first and only "MMO" type game I've ever played.

Best part of that game was the soundtrack, so have they delivered on this one or at least remixed a few of the original ones for it? Otherwise the game play was super repetitive and bland for the most part on the original, but I was young and playing online was new and kept it pretty fun/interesting for me. I even had the DC keyboard and mouse just for this game and also UT.

Does the game have more than 4 maps/worlds too like the original PSO had?

Yeah I think by modern standards the original game is a complete slog, but I played me a absolute ton of it on the Dreamcast.

Had the keyboard, had dial up, had a smile on my face.

Yeah I think by modern standards the original game is a complete slog, but I played me a absolute ton of it on the Dreamcast.

Had the keyboard, had dial up, had a smile on my face.
Well it isn't really modern. Game came out 8 years ago in Japan and generally nap mmorpg are more grindy.

All I've gotten through was the first tutorial mission so far but I like it. I was a huge fan of PSO on the Dremacast. PS02 feels like a good sequel despite being obviously dated.

The experience with getting this game to actually run and the Microsoft Store has been terrible though.
I choose to install this on one of my SSD drives dedicated to games. Downloaded the 20 GB from the MS store. I went to do something else after so I turned off my computer, turn it back on and it said there is a problem with the game and I need reinstall it...
So I redownload and install the 20GB again then click play, it opens a launcher that has to download 80 GB...
I was able to actually play the game after that but I only had time to customize my character then had to go.
I turn my computer back on and go to the MS Store says I need to redownload again...
I googled around apparently if you don't install it on anything but your C drive the MS store deletes it after you restart your PC.

Don't install this on anything but the C drive.

Fortunately I have gigabit fiber and no bandwidth cap. Their servers are fast so I could saturate my connection and download in 15 minutes.

All I've gotten through was the first tutorial mission so far but I like it. I was a huge fan of PSO on the Dremacast. PS02 feels like a good sequel despite being obviously dated.

The experience with getting this game to actually run and the Microsoft Store has been terrible though.
I choose to install this on one of my SSD drives dedicated to games. Downloaded the 20 GB from the MS store. I went to do something else after so I turned off my computer, turn it back on and it said there is a problem with the game and I need reinstall it...
So I redownload and install the 20GB again then click play, it opens a launcher that has to download 80 GB...
I was able to actually play the game after that but I only had time to customize my character then had to go.
I turn my computer back on and go to the MS Store says I need to redownload again...
I googled around apparently if you don't install it on anything but your C drive the MS store deletes it after you restart your PC.

Don't install this on anything but the C drive.

Fortunately I have gigabit fiber and no bandwidth cap. Their servers are fast so I could saturate my connection and download in 15 minutes.

Well fuck, my C drive is a 120gb SSD with zero games on it

At like 80+ it will basically fill my drive.

Well fuck, my C drive is a 120gb SSD with zero games on it

At like 80+ it will basically fill my drive.

Yeah it's pretty stupid, there are tons of articles complaining and tons of 1 star ratings complaining on the store.

Supposedly they're working on fixing it, but who knows how long that will take. You would think something so basic and common would be part of their test process.

Do red boxes still exist and do they still say SPECIAL WEAPON

I played on the JP version on and off for a few years. They have a third-party 'tweaker' to get most of it into English, but some parts are still untranslated and way overcomplicated for my basic Japanese. I was kinda surprised to see they did an NA release but hey, sure, why not. I can't wait to see the bizarro storyline stuff again.

One good thing is the entire game is doable, right into the endgame, for free. Storage might get a little cramped later on and fashion won't be much of a thing but otherwise it's wide open.

My install survived so far tho for some reason it has no icon. Some lag in the lobby but otherwise nothing major.

My big complaint is there doesn't seem to be any option to just pay monthly. There's no yearly option or anything, you need to buy "AC" points (from the MS Store!) which can not only buy Premium access time for 30, 60, or 90 days, but also is used for lots of other stuff. Just let me pay $9.99 a month or something until I say stop..

Back