PG32UQX - ASUS 32" 4K 144 Hz HDR1400 G-Sync Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like tftcentral had a minor update on their site for the PG32UQX. Looks like it doesn't come with HDMI 2.1 due to being incompatible with the gysnc module. However, it looks like at one point there was a pre-order link on Asus' site with a price of $2,999. I checked the site for the pre-order link but didn't see it. But tftcentral has a screenshot for it. Hopefully this means there is finally some movement on this. However, $2,999 is a lot of money.. But kinda where I expected it to be.

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/blog/a...esolution-144hz-g-sync-ultimate-and-hdr-1400/

$3k for a monitor was never in my 'ballpark' - but the total array of features is very tempting

I have gone back to selling my ass on the street for $2 a pop....its not as easy as it was when I was younger......the Johns are less kind with sticky suction hands.....but I will hang in there and to that two999 goal!

Damn I missed that preorder window. Yes I am insane enough to spend $3K on this monitor. Getting pretty tired of my CX and the size + babysitting.

Damn I missed that preorder window
I think it was open exactly as long as the AMD 6800xt window was open. i.e. nanoseconds...

... Why?

So they could say that they have offered it for sale.

There is some kind of shenanigans going on in the hardware world that makes me think that there is a legal standard being met through these vapor ware sales - where technically it is NOT vaporware b/c they legit offered it for sale for a nanosecond and FU if you were not lucky.

Damn I missed that preorder window. Yes I am insane enough to spend $3K on this monitor. Getting pretty tired of my CX and the size + babysitting.

^^ this exactly.....I have a 48cx and its fantastic....but recently bought a PG27UQ again for work productivity and web surfing....man what a freaking pleasure it is to use......32" would be perfect for me

This right there is exactly the reason I don't want a CX model TV for a monitor.
Agreed. 48" is just too darn big for me for my PC. I know LG is supposed to come out with a 42" OLED TV late this year/early next. I think that would be closer to what I could handle in size, but still think it might be too big. I have played around with 43" monitors at Microcenter and even those I think are too big, but I could probably get used to in order to get that OLED goodness on a PC. I am using a 32" 1440p monitor now and think it is the perfect size.

I wonder which will appear first - the 42” C1 oled or these unicorn LCDs. We should start a pool..

What do you guys think about the ProArt version of this monitor - https://www.asus.com/us/Displays-Desktops/Monitors/ProArt/ProArt-Display-PA32UCG/

I need to use this monitor for:
1. PC Gaming.
2. PS5 Gaming.
3. Work.

The ProArt version has a Thunderbolt connection for connecting my work laptop, and a HDMI 2.1 connection for the PS5.

My concern is that the FALD will be to slow to react on it. I have read one of the main things the GSYNC module does on these monitors is allow the fast FALD switching you need for games, and without it am unsure if the ProArt version will give me what I need. I do not care at all about GSync Compatible vs Ultimate, those both work for me just fine.

What do you guys think about the ProArt version of this monitor - https://www.asus.com/us/Displays-Desktops/Monitors/ProArt/ProArt-Display-PA32UCG/

I need to use this monitor for:
1. PC Gaming.
2. PS5 Gaming.
3. Work.

The ProArt version has a Thunderbolt connection for connecting my work laptop, and a HDMI 2.1 connection for the PS5.

My concern is that the FALD will be to slow to react on it. I have read one of the main things the GSYNC module does on these monitors is allow the fast FALD switching you need for games, and without it am unsure if the ProArt version will give me what I need. I do not care at all about GSync Compatible vs Ultimate, those both work for me just fine.
If I am not mistaken the UCG has been available since the last year and there are reviews on line that suggest that this monitor is not suited for gaming because the FALD is too slow.
And that it still has halos around the mouse cursor. So, for gaming - only the gaming version should improve the FALD response times. This is still a question btw if it really bears any improvement in that regard. I won't be surprised if it will have 1152 slow dimming zones just like the UCG variant when it eventually comes out, just a bit faster. I am just speculating, though.

If I am not mistaken the UCG has been available since the last year and there are reviews on line that suggest that this monitor is not suited for gaming because the FALD is too slow.
And that it still has halos around the mouse cursor. So, for gaming - only the gaming version should improve the FALD response times. This is still a question btw if it really bears any improvement in that regard. I won't be surprised if it will have 1152 slow dimming zones just like the UCG variant when it eventually comes out, just a bit faster. I am just speculating, though.
I believe you are thinking of the PA32UCX, a 60hz variant, , not the UCG. The UCG is not out yet, and is the same 144hz panel used in the PG32ucx (these names man).

This right there is exactly the reason I don't want a CX model TV for a monitor.
Don't get me wrong, CX is an awesome display that someone can make work really well as a monitor given the accommodate it with their desk setup but it's just super annoying to use IMO. I'm not really petrified of burn in but still take precautions which just gets really tedious over time. In addition, I've noticed that I use it's real estate less and less for basic desktop tasks as time passes out of shear laziness (single window the size of a 32" monitor dead lower center). Having to use the remote to turn it on/off and make sure it goes into standby etc after 8 months is really tiring.

I actually think it's made me game less and as soon as I can get my hands on a PG32UQX, it will be relegated to movie/TV watching. Sucks that it doesn't have HDMI 2.1 like the PG32UQ version but that's what I'll keep the CX around for when using my PS5.

I believe you are thinking of the PA32UCX, a 60hz variant, , not the UCG. The UCG is not out yet, and is the same 144hz panel used in the PG32ucx (these names man).
Yeah, probably. But I think you can run a lower resolution with 120hz on it or something like that... I just googled and look how huge this thing actually is:

The UQX will be of the same size.

Yeah, probably. But I think you can run a lower resolution with 120hz on it or something like that... I just googled and look how huge this thing actually is:

The UQX will be of the same size.

Anyway, to your point about the 60hz version having slow FALD - that is my worry with the 120hz. If it has the same FALD speed its straight up my dream monitor with HDMI 2.1 and USB-C, but I'm doubtful it will.

Anyway, to your point about the 60hz version having slow FALD - that is my worry with the 120hz. If it has the same FALD speed its straight up my dream monitor with HDMI 2.1 and USB-C, but I'm doubtful it will.
Yeah it definitely has slow fald, I read first hand impressions of the real owners about that on some forum. I just googled and couldn't find it but I recognized that video above. So they say - not suited for gaming because fald reacts too slowly. The monitor still has halos, even with 1152 zones, visible over the grey menus in Photoshop app for example. The slow fald is definitely one of my concerns as well about this monitor. I can't buy it for $8700 of course but I hope the Acer version will be affordable and I might buy it. Not sure about that though. I have different plans for this summer.
I am not totally sure if they can make fald really that faster for gaming purposes. If they could - why wouldn't UC version be just as fast to begin with? I am not an engineer, but I think that may be an issue in the gaming model. From slow ass unplayable fald to blistering fast gaming fald off the same fald tech? Who knows? Maybe that's possible, will see.

my body.

its ready.
Heh - it's been interesting to read how your perception has changed over time (in this thread).

I was really tempted to just get the cx for a while, but I have read several people like you who have them saying they are just too big for desktop use.

The thing that pisses me off (beyond no release /availability) is that I'll not have a chance to see one in the wild before deciding to purchase. But purchase one of these 32 inch 4k fast ips monitors, I will

For the price of this thing alone I could buy both a CX and the Non FALD version of this monitor and still have money to spare. I have gotten used to my CX as a single monitor setup but at times I still get the itch for a 32" so I think I'll just pick up the 32UQ (Non X) version once it's out as I really don't see the need to have FALD + GSYNC module on a monitor that I will never game on.

For the price of this thing alone I could buy both a CX and the Non FALD version of this monitor and still have money to spare. I have gotten used to my CX as a single monitor setup but at times I still get the itch for a 32" so I think I'll just pick up the 32UQ (Non X) version once it's out as I really don't see the need to have FALD + GSYNC module on a monitor that I will never game on.
Why would you not game on it?

(and I'm hoping to to see the non FALD version as well as the others we've been talking about in the other thread)

Why would you not game on it?

(and I'm hoping to to see the non FALD version as well as the others we've been talking about in the other thread)

Because the CX makes for a way better gaming display IMO. I already own a FALD IPS + GSYNC display (Acer X27) and even if it was 32" I would still game on the CX.

Heh - it's been interesting to read how your perception has changed over time (in this thread).

I was really tempted to just get the cx for a while, but I have read several people like you who have them saying they are just too big for desktop use.

The thing that pisses me off (beyond no release /availability) is that I'll not have a chance to see one in the wild before deciding to purchase. But purchase one of these 32 inch 4k fast ips monitors, I will
I have given up on the dream of one monitor fitting all my needs.

The 48cx is great for gaming 5 feet away, but for productivity work it makes me want to punch babies.
Until we get a high refresh OLED in the 32-42 range I need a display for work productivity & web surfing....I'm currently using a PG27UQ for that and its great but a tad to small.

Non Fald IPS is a no go for me. Curbing BLB alone is enough to justify the added cost of FALD.

I had an Acer X27, then sold it and went with the Non-Fald Nitro 10-bit 144hz 4k IPS and that POS drove me nuts. I had insta selllers remorse on the X27. The added contrast + BLB elemination of FALD make IPS bearable.

I like my eyes too much to go with a non-fald ips ever again.

Non Fald IPS is a no go for me. Curbing BLB alone is enough to justify the added cost of FALD.

I had an Acer X27, then sold it and went with the Non-Fald Nitro 10-bit 144hz 4k IPS and that POS drove me nuts. I had insta selllers remorse on the X27. The added contrast + BLB elemination of FALD make IPS bearable.

FALD was actually even more annoying as a desktop monitor for me. Any app or website with a dark theme like Discord, Steam, even here on [H], I could actually see the FALD at work where the area around my mouse cursor had some blooming going on and it was almost like my cursor was pulsing as I move it around.

I totally get that. I wanted to get a fald ips in 2021, but I just don’t want to pay that much for a screen. So I use a 95hz QHD 27” ips for work, and bought a 144hz FHD 27” va for video/games which happens mostly at night (much better black).

I’m not buying any more monitors until a 27” fald or miniled ips costs <$500.

FALD was actually even more annoying as a desktop monitor for me. Any app or website with a dark theme like Discord, Steam, even here on [H], I could actually see the FALD at work where the area around my mouse cursor had some blooming going on and it was almost like my cursor was pulsing as I move it around.

If Dell did not fuck up their 31.5" OLED with 60hz and that horrendous double strobe.....and actually put it out at 4k120....we would not be having this conversation.....as the only reason I consider FALD is because OLED is not available at a sane size.

If Dell did not fuck up their 31.5" OLED with 60hz and that horrendous double strobe.....and actually put it out at 4k120....we would not be having this conversation.....as the only reason I consider FALD is because OLED is not available at a sane size.

Someone needs to hurry up and take the JOLED panel and give it 120Hz + VRR already.

New mini IPS FALD with triple the zones will hopefully help with that.

Getting this monitor not for gaming is a total bs. Your not even rich ffs.

Sorry pal but you don't need to be rich to afford this thing. This isn't the Samsung MicroLED wall TV that costs well over 6 figures. It's just a $3k monitor, not a Ferrari.

Especially in the day and age where people are spending $2200 on scalped 3080's.

This monitor will last me a good 2 years and IMO still be worth $1000-1500+ when I sell it.

This monitor will last me a good 2 years and IMO still be worth $1000-1500+ when I sell
Except that if the 32s sell well (to us), in 2 years everyone will jump into the market, the OLEDs will be 144hz and all new panels <$1500...

Except that if the 32s sell well (to us), in 2 years everyone will jump into the market, the OLEDs will be 144hz and all new panels <$1500...
Yeah that's exactly what everyone said when I bought my X27 at launch. It is now almost 3 years later and nothing has changed which is exactly what will happen with the 32.

Yeah that's exactly what everyone said when I bought my X27 at launch. It is now almost 3 years later and nothing has changed which is exactly what will happen with the 32.
Truth - re OLED... But 27 is a weird size. 1440p is optimal for it - but as an example, Sony has ignored 1440p recognizing that most customers are content with HD & 4K. 32 never took off because everyone shifted priority to fast refresh just as the 32 60s came out...but it's a good 4k size

With 144 Hz 4k becoming available at 32, I predict that the larger screen size will be attractive to the competitive crowd - given that a 1/3 larger (24) or 20% larger (27) image on screen and GPUs that can push 4k into the 100s are likely to be seen as advantages. (there will, of course be people who think they need faster refresh than 144 - but do you, really?). Anyway - if the competitive crowd jumps in, the fan boys, wannabes and kids with grandma's cc will help drive prices down for the rest of us.

None of which will benefit me - as I don't intend to wait two more product cycles :/

Here’s a question - is the Acer x32 going to come out at the same time? For the 27” versions, if my memory is correct I recall the Acer actually went on sale first but not by much.

Also, did anybody actually pre-order the Asus monitor? Seems like no one anywhere that I’ve seen claim they managed to pre-order one. And none of the screenshots of the store page from anyone shows pre-order being available.

At this stage, may as well wait for the year 2030 for a MicroLED 8K 360Hz 16:10 HDR4000 VRR monitor. I gave up on OLEDs for the PC market years ago, especially after that terrible Dell model.

Here’s a question - is the Acer x32 going to come out at the same time?
I got a reply from Acer for almost the same question just yesterday - It will come out, but not anytime soon, date is unknown.

I suspect the Asus, if it comes out this summer, will be available in very limited quantity for a short period of time and the price will be insane, far from $3000 MSRP. Then, sometime later in the year (or maybe even next year, in the beginning of it), they will hit the market with full supply. I doubt they will come out at the same time, I think Acer will only come out when the supply will be in tact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back