PG32UQX - ASUS 32" 4K 144 Hz HDR1400 G-Sync Ultimate

Murzilka

Gawd
Interesting.

With only one supplier listed, does that mean the early stock is going straight to the Chinese market - or is it the first step in a chain that could go to ASUS +others?
I have no idea. It's been like that since August, maybe earlier.

oledguy1

n00b
with cyberpunk delayed another month i hope this monitor comes out shortly after the game does so i can hold on and wait for it...

oledguy1

n00b
Anyone happen to hear any updated rumors on when this monitor (or the Acer version) might be out? Thx

Murzilka

Gawd
Anyone happen to hear any updated rumors on when this monitor (or the Acer version) might be out? Thx
Absolutely zero. I keep asking the Acer rep at least once a month and she keeps saying the release date in unknown. Although in August she clearly said, that preliminary it would come out in the beginning of 2021. I would wait for CES on January 11. Maybe there will be more interesting monitors to wait for...

Personally though, if the Acer X34S comes out this month - I will try to settle with it and call it a day for a long time. 200hz, hardware gsync, full srgb support in every mode possible, factory calibrated dE<2, native 10 bit panel... It can do full RGB (4:4:4) resolution @200hz with 8bit color. Plenty good for SDR. And for HDR you go down to 175Hz for 4:4:4 10 bit.

Last edited:

oledguy1

n00b
Absolutely zero. I keep asking the Acer rep at least once a month and she keeps saying the release date in unknown. Although in August she clearly said, that preliminary it would come out in the beginning of 2021. I would wait for CES on January 11. Maybe there will be more interesting monitors to wait for...

Personally though, if the Acer X34S comes out this month - I will try to settle with it and call it a day for a long time. 200hz, hardware gsync, full srgb support in every mode possible, factory calibrated dE<2, native 10 bit panel... It can do full RGB (4:4:4) resolution @200hz with 8bit color. Plenty good for SDR. And for HDR you go down to 175Hz for 4:4:4 10 bit.
Thanks. CES is nice to see new tech but I feel like anything that is announced at CES is still a year out in terms of the PC monitor space. This Asus monitor was announced at last years CES and it still isn't out yet.

I am not into ultrawide monitors and I wanted something with better HDR capabilities than the X34S. So I will wait a bit longer...

DarkSideA8

Gawd

I think I saw its already for sale in China through a partner site. Pretty steep.

Who knows if that carries over to NA/EU

Was hoping to see it in a flat panel config - but its curved

Murzilka

Gawd
From my understanding from additional communication with the rep - nothing new (with hardware Gsync module) will come out in December and probably in January either. No X32 or X34S. I suppose Asus follows the similar trend.

oledguy1

n00b
From my understanding from additional communication with the rep - nothing new (with hardware Gsync module) will come out in December and probably in January either. No X32 or X34S. I suppose Asus follows the similar trend.
:-(

oledguy1

n00b
So I figured I would start a mock betting pool for this monitor. What are the chances we hear anything about this monitor at CES next week? :)

Armenius

Fully [H]
ASUS has a bad habit of announcing and revealing monitors long before they are even ready for production. It is not unusual for 1-2 years to go by after announcement for a monitor to actually get into customer hands.

badmojomk

n00b
Well, Viewsonic just announced a model using the same panel/tech as Asus and Acer and saying Summer 2021 availability for theirs. I wonder if the Asus/Acer ones will come to market first or if in fact, all of them will come out around the same time. Disappointingly, still only Displayport 1.4 and HDMI 2.0. Still nothing about DSC support either so that's probably not going to happen either.

ViewSonic Elite XG321UG with 32″ IPS Panel, 4K, 144Hz, G-sync Ultimate and Mini LED Backlight

oledguy1

n00b
Well LG Display announced they will start making a 42 OLED TV in 2021. Something tells me it won't be until late 2021 that TV manufacturers start selling the TV in that size though. So the wait continues... When does ASUS present at CES?

oledguy1

n00b
Well the Asus CES presentation went by and no mention of the PG32UQX. Hopefully some news breaks in the next couple of days. I just want a little bit of an update at least....

Armenius

Fully [H]
Well, Viewsonic just announced a model using the same panel/tech as Asus and Acer and saying Summer 2021 availability for theirs. I wonder if the Asus/Acer ones will come to market first or if in fact, all of them will come out around the same time. Disappointingly, still only Displayport 1.4 and HDMI 2.0. Still nothing about DSC support either so that's probably not going to happen either.

ViewSonic Elite XG321UG with 32″ IPS Panel, 4K, 144Hz, G-sync Ultimate and Mini LED Backlight
If I'm not mistaken, Acer is owned by AU Optronics, who manufactures the panel that is going into these. Both ASUS and Acer are Taiwan-based companies and get first pick on panels, typically.

DarkSideA8

Gawd
Lol the non FALD version barely gets announced and already has an expected release date of end of Q1.

https://pcmonitors.info/asus/asus-pg32uq-with-144hz-4k-ips-panel/
That panel and the ViewSonic Elite, as well as the Acer, are presumably all AUO's M320QAN02.3 design. From some of what I've read, a better expectation is June/July in the US & EU. They all (well, at least Asus and VS) suggested a Q1 2021 release, but given Covid and the US/China tension later is more likely.

Edit: (Unless I've missed something? You've been on top of this as much as I these past few months)

Needless to say - exciting times for those of us who want 'the total package' upgrade; as long as we have patience that is!

oledguy1

n00b
That panel and the ViewSonic Elite, as well as the Acer, are presumably all AUO's M320QAN02.3 design. From some of what I've read, a better expectation is June/July in the US & EU. They all (well, at least Asus and VS) suggested a Q1 2021 release, but given Covid and the US/China tension later is more likely.

Edit: (Unless I've missed something? You've been on top of this as much as I these past few months)

Needless to say - exciting times for those of us who want 'the total package' upgrade; as long as we have patience that is!
well i guess we all do have patience since we have already been waiting over a year since this monitor has been announced and it looks like we have another 5-6 months to go...