Pfsense 2.4.5 high memory consumption

OFaceSIG

2[H]4U
Anyone else recently upgrade to Pfsense 2.4.5?

I upgraded last night and my memory usage went from 10%-ish of 2GB to 75% consistently post upgrade. This is all very different from 2.4.4.

I've not seen that. Mine are still sitting at 10-12% utilization on 2GB. What add-ins are you running?

I've not seen that. Mine are still sitting at 10-12% utilization on 2GB. What add-ins are you running?

Did some more digging, turns I was partially right, and I was just inpatient aswell. Prior versions the memory usage after making changes to plug ins or rebooting the memory usage would spike and then calm down to the above mentioned levels within minutes. I don't how different the underlying BSD is at 11.3 vs 11.1. Now it takes about an hour for whatever reason and then it calms down to 28%. I have a feeling BSD might be "caching" memory now the way Win10 does.

I am only currently running Squid, and Squidgaurd. However typically I also usually running RRD and traffic totals.

Running pFsense 2.4.5 with pfblockerNG-dev and SNORT. Ram is at 25% of 2GB on my SG-3100. Was advised by Netgate support that they are aware of this issue and it should be resolved in v 2.4.5.-p1 when released

Running pfSense 2.4.5 with pfblockerNG. Ram is 22-24% on my SG-3100.

pfSense v 2.4.5-p1 was released. Installed it. Didnt really see a difference.

Back