Pettition to shut up Uwe Boll

F.E.A.R.

[H]ard|Gawd
Below is a petition linky to stop Uwe Boll from producing anymore video game movies. His movies are a complete waste of time ruining the chances of a good filmaker producing a stellar movie. Uwe was not impressed when he found out that the petition had 18,000 votes and said that it would take a million to shut him up. The vote count is almost at 47,000. Please vote.

http://www.petitiononline.com/RRH53888/petition.html

More info on Bit-tech

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/04/07/one_million_signatures_to_shut_up_uwe_boll/1

Well, I despise the guy for screwing up Alone in the Dark, and now he doing a sequel and will most likely screw that up as well.

What did he do now?

He's the one that made "video game movies" synonymous with "shit." Sure he's making an honest living, but he shows no remorse for the video game names he's destroying, has no regard for their fan base, and insists on saturating the silver screen with more of his crap because he knows enough people will waste their time watching his shit. It's just disgusting.

I'm just thankful he didn't get his hands on Halo.

P.S. Signed the petition. Almost 50K.

I know who he is, just wondering if he did something lately to make headlines that I missed.

I know who he is, just wondering if he did something lately to make headlines that I missed.

Oh. Don't think so. Saw him on Attack of the Show some time last year. Swears he's trying to make good movies and that he has a passion for making money. No, he has a passion for exploiting kids, teens, and some adults at $9 a pop.

Just a stubborn, arrogant ass..

He said months ago that he was done making video game movies. In the Name of the King was his last one.

Actually the entire thing is like a German tax shelter. There's a big loophole in German tax law that allows them to write off large donations to "the arts" and that happens to include Uwe's movies. So, he signs up to make some crap, raises the necessary capital, and then they all get a write off.

It's a scam, and it's why you'll see him continue to find funding even though his movies have done very poorly.

Uwe Boll doesn't "sign on" to movies.

He purchases licenses then makes the movies himself.

I signed it yesterday, when it was at 27k, lets keep this going. He said it himself, a million signatures and he will stop, lets hold the mofo to his word.

He's the one that made "video game movies" synonymous with "shit."

Well, to be fair, video game movies sucked before Uwe Boll.

Sure he's making an honest living, but he shows no remorse for the video game names he's destroying.

Actually, no, he's taking advantage of a tax loophole to make money no matter how much his movies suck.

I signed by the way. ;)

Signed it, but anyway. I heard that that tax loophole was covered recently.

Signed it, but anyway. I heard that that tax loophole was covered recently.

The law was changed in January 2006. BECAUSE of Uwe Boll. And seriously, you guys, he has quit making video game movies. He's going independent now since he can't get the funding anymore. He'll be making low-budget filth instead of big-budget filth, and none of it will likely make it to American theaters. Nothing to see here; move along.

Is this the same guy who made the D&D movie with that Wayan "actor" (<--I use that word loosely)?

When I first first first saw the previews of that movie, I was like....."BOUT FREAKIN TIME", then I saw that Wayan dude was in it. Needless to say, I didnt give up my hard earned cash to go see that movie. I heard it was a flop and im sure Wayan had alot to do with it.

Whoever made that movie needs their butt kicked. It had NOTHING to do with D&D from what I did see of it and it put a bad name to the seriousness of the game D&D. Now that name for any future D&D movies is ruined completely. No one will take it seriously now and think its going to be just another one of those "scary movie" types of movies.

Ive read thru the Chronicles and I think it would be OUTSTANDING if someone were to make a movie based on those novels...PAGE for PAGE. Dont ad-lib anything and act out the story as it was written to be read.

And then, make sequels going into the Twins saga.

Only problem I see though is where to find twins where one twin is as big as Conan and the other twin is skinny and frail?

Is this the same guy who made the D&D movie with that Wayan "actor" (<--I use that word loosely)?

When I first first first saw the previews of that movie, I was like....."BOUT FREAKIN TIME", then I saw that Wayan dude was in it. Needless to say, I didnt give up my hard earned cash to go see that movie. I heard it was a flop and im sure Wayan had alot to do with it.

Whoever made that movie needs their butt kicked. It had NOTHING to do with D&D from what I did see of it and it put a bad name to the seriousness of the game D&D. Now that name for any future D&D movies is ruined completely. No one will take it seriously now and think its going to be just another one of those "scary movie" types of movies.

Ive read thru the Chronicles and I think it would be OUTSTANDING if someone were to make a movie based on those novels...PAGE for PAGE. Dont ad-lib anything and act out the story as it was written to be read.

And then, make sequels going into the Twins saga.

Only problem I see though is where to find twins where one twin is as big as Conan and the other twin is skinny and frail?

I think if anyone were to ever remake a video game movie.. they should put in front of their trailer.. NOT A UWE BOLL FILM! lmao

I'm not sure if I've seen one of his movies. Do they suck that bad?? I saw Resident Evil and Mortal Kombat and thought they were okay, but I think they were Paul Anderson, not Uwe Boll or whatever it is.

Trust me, if the petition reaches 1 million, he wont stop making these, he's making money off of this trash still!

Wow, I really hope this hits a million, but I highly doubt it will (at least not anytime soon, its almost at 100,000). I'd guess even if it did hit a million he'd have plenty of time until then to make at least one new disaster.

Back