PETG tubing: 500mm or 1000mm tubes for most systems?

Dutt1113

[H]ard|Gawd
I would like the ek-hd 16mm petg tubing but it seems it only comes in 500mm (19.7") tubing each piece. I see some brands have 1000mm. Is 1000mm tubing needed or will 500mm work? I have a 900d case and all fittings will be confined to motherboard area and upper and lower radiators. Will NOT be using a bay res or anything in 5.25 bays.

Is there another good brand petg tubing that is good price, and not overpriced like the bitspower petg tubing. I don't care what brand as long as it works with either the EK-HDC or Bitspower Enhance multi-link fittings, both 16mm.

I know they say stay with the same brand of fitting as tubing, but does anyone know 2 different brands of tubing and fittings that work well together?

Lets see. Mine came in a 10ft pack. Doing the conversion (10*12*25.4) that's about 3000mm, or 3M of tube.

That was enough for my build, with a little bit to spare, (but not much) which I use to drain and fill my system.

open.jpg

That's two radiators, one pump/res combo, a CPU block and a GPU block in a full tower case, for reference.

I'm talking about 500mm vs 1000mm for a single tube. Can I get away with 500mm for a single tube between any 2 components?

I'm talking about 500mm vs 1000mm for a single tube. Can I get away with 500mm for a single tube between any 2 components?

Hmm. That would probably require some measuring. Do you have your case and your planned layout? When I was laying things out, I printed a pic of my case and drew in the parts, figured out what the scale was and measured everything with a ruler. It's a rough estimate, for sure, but it can give you a good idea.

The Primochill PrimoFlex tubes I used came in a single roll of 3M, so I just chopped off pieces as I needed them, I never had to worry about any single part not being long enough.

I used Bitspower 1000mm PETG in my build and had good results with it. I bought two extra tubes over what I figured I'd need since it was my first time bending it and was glad I did in the end (used all but about a foot of it). I want to replace a couple tubes but I had no issues with the quality of the tubing. I would recommend the 1000 over the 500mm length in the event you make a long run (less wasted tubing if you make a mistake).

Back