PETA Goes After Nintendo's Mario

Just ordered a racoon online, going to skin it and see if it chases me, thanks for the tip peta

I find it troubling that people have such a hard time drawing the line between actual and virtual reality.

Last time I checked Bowser doesn't have any tanuki working for him for Mario to kill.

They clearly have no ability to discern fantasy from reality. Which is one reason that they're vegetarians/vegans.

someone should maks a fps where you run around shooting peta members with guns that shoot kittens coated in napalm.

Tool- Disgustipated

"These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!
You see, Reverend Maynard,
tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the holocaust."
And I sprang from my slumber drenched in sweat
like the tears of one million terrified brothers and roared,
"Hear me now, I have seen the light!
They have a consciousness, they have a life, they have a soul!
Damn you! Let the rabbits wear glasses! Save our brothers!"
Can I get an amen? Can I get a hallelujah? Thank you Jesus"

Let me just get it off my chest first, "Fuck you PETA." It's hard enough getting even my close friends to not make fun of me for my dietary and ethical decisions, and these asshats at PETA make me look bad. It's not fair, really. I became a vegetarian after realizing that I can survive without meat, however I am not ethically opposed to eating meat. If it is what is required to survive then that is what is most important. If someone gives me food with meat, and it would go to waste otherwise, I will eat it, and be thankful for the extra protein, because nothing deserves to die without a purpose (yes plants included).

There is an extremely clear line between reality and fantasy and these people piss me off to no end. If no real harm is being done, then no real harm is being done, simple as that.

Please do anything you can to make PETA go away. I say we eat them, because they don't consider humans meat obviously. Mmm a tasty PETA sandwich....

And I thought their outrage over killing a rat in BF3 was as low as they could get! I mean really PETA,are you that desperate for attention that you have to pick on poor Mario? Maybe all the women's rights groups should turn the tables on you and slam you for treating women as sex objects for the sake of publicity in your ads.

PETA are a bunch of morons, they should be worried about real life issues, not some video game where an animal gets killed or whatever.

I think PETA has finally gone off the deep end. Seriously attacking a video game for animal cruelty? It's not like Mario is actually wearing a raccoon suit, nor do raccoons grow to his size.

In this day in age the only people that can wear fur are the 1%, and I seriously doubt they play video games.

Fucking bullshit.. PETA in general servers no purpose, but wasting money that could be spent protecting Animals that need it.

PETA is a cult ... just like Scientology.

In other news, when PETA wants to boycott fur and have their women members stand around in underwear, I'm all for boycotting and feel it is their constitutional right!

Fucking bullshit.. PETA in general servers no purpose, but wasting money that could be spent protecting Animals that need it.

Well, they could go about this 3 ways.

1. Go after people who eat meat, but that subject is extremely debatable. If they can convince companies that making non meat products is cheaper and tastes the same as real meat, they would have done something great. Trust me, McDonalds already has no problem with selling customers with fake meat, but even fake meat needs some real meat.

2. Go after people that actually hurt animals. Every so often I read an article of someone who tortures a cat or a dog. Some boys put a kitten on fire. That's real animal cruelty right there. Find those asshats and make them pay.

3. Help animal shelters. There's already a huge problem with domestic animals that need a home. They're worried about raccoons and exotic animals, but there's plenty of animals right here that need help.

Video games are pixels, and it's not like Mario has to skin anything to get his suit. For all we know it's made of cotton, polymers, or magic for a lack of imagination. Due to the lack of thought, and mostly likely having never played a Mario game since the suit was around the 80's from Super Mario Bros 3, they did this for attention. The way they went about it, they thought that since video games are popular and kids play video games, then having a blood thirsty Mario will send a clear message. All they ended up doing was remind everyone has bad shit crazy they really are.

wow what the hell is wrong with these folks, i mean im all for not being cruel to animals but shit i still love my tacos, and cheeseburgers lol. these guys seem to be beyond extreme these days

Well, I believe veganism is the future. I do find Peta annoying, but they are obviously effective.

I almost want to write to Peta telling them how retarded they are being. If they stopped with this retardness and sticked to the real issues, maybe they could be taken more seriously. I am all for stopping animal cruelty and I really do think more needs to be done, but omg Peta is just doing it so wrong and are going after stupid issues that don't even affect animals. They are only doing it for attention.

stick with local rescue shelters.

someone make a mod map with the goal to infiltrate and kill all terrorists in a PETA building

I'm thinking I need to throw a BBQ party across the street from the main office of PETA anyone wanna bring the beer?

sr=1

I didn't have time to read the entire thread but did anyone advise PETA that Tanuki are mythical beasts and not real animals ? What about the unicorns and pegasus, are they less worthy of PETA's efforts ?

examples: hipster bullshit. "oh dont polute" as you roll up in your car mom bought you with new skinny jeans made by kids in asia chewing on some processed bird food for lunch.

"Today the nonprofit Center for Consumer Freedom (CCF) published documents online showing that People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) killed 95 percent of the adoptable pets in its care during 2008. [...]"

http://www.petconnection.com/blog/2009/03/25/peta-kills-rates-for-2008-95-percent/

The CCF is supported by Phillip-Morris among other lobbyists

Honestly, I question how this is a relevant topic for the front page of a top notch computer hardware site. Perhaps this belongs in Gen-May, maybe the soapbox section.

Honestly, I question how this is a relevant topic for the front page of a top notch computer hardware site. Perhaps this belongs in Gen-May, maybe the soapbox section.

This isn't the thread you're looking for. Perhaps you would be better served reading this /jedimindtrick

Well, I believe veganism is the future. I do find Peta annoying, but they are obviously effective.

Saying "being a vegan is the future", is as much the truth as saying "everyone will drive electric cars in the future". Sure it sounds good, but not everyone is going to do this. People will still drive petrol cars, just as people will still eat meat.

The only way you'll convince people to not eat meat is to get a product that tastes just as good, and hopefully cheaper then meat. McDonald's has gotten really close to doing this, but not quite there. Just like the electric cars needs to have a reason for people to switch over, and not the health and environment reasons either. Electric cars need to be cheaper, and have major benefits over gasoline brothers.

Remember that we're omnivores. We have canines and incisors, which are our front teeth, which are far closer to those of a carnivore. Plus there's religions and culture barriers you have to overcome. You have a long way to go to convince people to not eat meat.

The only way that is going to happen is if meat is no longer available. Humans are Omnivores, not Herbivores. We have canines for a reason, and its not to chew on fucking tree bark.

There's a reason most vegans look sickly, pale, and don't heal from wounds as quickly.

Remember that we're omnivores. We have canines and incisors, which are our front teeth, which are far closer to those of a carnivore.

Not quite true. Our dentition and digestive tract are far similar to that of vegetarians whose diet is supplemented by insects. This argument is irrelevant, since it is in conscience where people decide to be veg.

The only way that is going to happen is if meat is no longer available. Humans are Omnivores, not Herbivores. We have canines for a reason, and its not to chew on fucking tree bark.

There's a reason most vegans look sickly, pale, and don't heal from wounds as quickly.

Gorillas have canines as well.

Not all vegans look sickly. only those who do not balance their diet appropriately. Then again, how many obese meat eaters traipse about your local Wal-Mart

I believe SpaceToads will swallow the Universe, but vegans are rotten on the inside.

As for PETA, I would happily cannibalize their members.

Gorillas have canines as well.

Not all vegans look sickly. only those who do not balance their diet appropriately. Then again, how many obese meat eaters traipse about your local Wal-Mart

I do believe I said "most", not "all"

Gorillas eat insects and small critters = Omnivore, which was my entire argument to begin with. We are meant to eat both, not one or the other, which is why the entire vegan argument is pointless.

I think I will stick to eating what nature designed me to eat, a little bit of everything.

Obesity has nothing to do with eating meat, and everything to do with eating too much food, period, so that jab of yours is meaningless. Potatoes fried in vegetable oil after being soaked in sugar contribute far more to obesity than anything made from, or with, meat.

vegans are rotten on the inside.
I think people who eat meat have a higher risk of mucosal plaque build-up in their intestines, which can lead to active rot.

Obviously vegans can have this issue too, especially those who eat lots of junk food.

Back