PETA Criticizes Far Cry 5 for Fishing

They must really hate World of Warcraft as well! There's a daily quest in Highmountain that has players kicking fish, that are flopping on the bank, back into the river. It sometimes takes multiple kicks to get them in. Is that now to be considered animal abuse?! :ROFLMAO: ROFL

If games where really responsible for mass desensitization, yet the current generation is a bunch of pussy snowflakes... which one is true?

Desensitization through games is a myth, much in the same way TV was going to poison the youth decades ago, and radio before it. Its just people looking for an easy explanation to a complex problem so they can feel good about doing something while accomplishing nothing.

Uh, most AAA games these days involves mass murder of humans. Not monsters or some humanoid abstraction, people. And players don't even flinch.

I'm not saying there's a link to real life violence or anything, but we are DEFINITELY desensitized to violent media now.

Uh, most AAA games these days involves mass murder of humans. Not monsters or some humanoid abstraction, people. And players don't even flinch.

I'm not saying there's a link to real life violence or anything, but we are DEFINITELY desensitized to violent media now.

nothing to be sensitive enough...unless your from those holier-than-thau, prudish religiously-societies where everything is sensitive. ( well except for those religiously motivated violence)

But they don't take offense to the fact that you hunt and kill human beings? Some straight priorities right there.

Bingo. Virtual fishing is not ethical. Virtual killing of people is okay. Time for PETA to seriously reconsider what they stand for and how to best use their time. This looked like a press grab on their part, but I think it will backfire.

The German branch of PETA has condemned Far Cry 5 for allowing players to hunt and kill fish. In a statement published on its website, the animal rights organization explains that fish are intelligent creatures capable of experiencing pain and urges Ubisoft to stop developing games that glorify the killing of such animals.

PETA now appeals to the German representation of the game developer, the Ubisoft GmbH in Dusseldorf, in the future no longer to market video games in Germany, glorifying and banalizing the hunting and killing of fish or other animals. The animal rights organization proposes instead to develop games with free-living animals that do not glorify killing as a pastime.

PETA wouldnt like what I did on Saturday then. 6 LMB in about two hours ;).

nothing to be sensitive enough...unless your from those holier-than-thau, prudish religiously-societies where everything is sensitive. ( well except for those religiously motivated violence)

Funny thing is that I've personally found out that those types of communities are more prone to actually carrying out violence than those they point fingers at.

I wouldn't kill the animals if they weren't always trying to kill me. Let PETA try walking through the Montana wilderness without being attacked by a wolverine or a skunk, and see how they like it! Digital animals are so intolerant.

Did they bitch about all the other games way back then?

basstour1.jpg

microeconomics_fishing.png

PETA recommends against having bunnies as pets, they mention a bunch of pretty awful things about how bunnies just suffer as pets.. my wife got it anyway.
They are full so full of shit, that is one happy bunny, eating and relaxing, like to be petted you know normally, comes to you for attention kind of like a dog and everything (this is dwarf bunny)...you just don't pet it like an idiot of course, its clear what she likes and doesn't.

I just ate a Turkey Burger and eating a AGNUS next usually don't eat alot of meat.

The fish are actually the only animal in the game you DON'T KILL, you only CATCH.

That's the biggest problem I have ever had over this sad organization.....they literally do not care about people....at all.

I am all for murdering 100's of animals if it means saving ONE human life. I like to say I belong to an alternative PETA as well: People for the Eating of Tasty Animals.

I just ate a Turkey Burger and eating a AGNUS next usually don't eat alot of meat.

I had to read this twice...first time through I read anus....its been a long day.

You work a Hard Job and not being a Youtube soyboy
I am all for murdering 100's of animals if it means saving ONE human life. I like to say I belong to an alternative PETA as well: People for the Eating of Tasty Animals.

I had to read this twice...first time through I read anus....its been a long day.

Yeah the Agnus burger tastes like ass though I think it contains soy...just made them on the George Forman grill need to drain those 30 grams of fat.

Sad that they are all up in arms about a video game. They should be fine with this because its actually not harming anything REAL.......

Every Mcdonalds and Burger King need low energy anti Peta people in front of them.

Anyone else read those leaked PETA notes from some of their meetings from way back in the day? They sued that guy or tried to. Details are all fuzzy now.

All they talk about is how press makes them money. Any press at all. For the entire 50+ minutes. Press = money. .. press = money. Pull the chain, money falls from the sky.

They don't talk about whales or dolphins, fur, none of that.

You think they really give a F' about digital fish? LMAO ... no, press = donations = money.

Remember the Ice Bucket Challenge from 2 or 3 years ago? That entire shindig got audited and it was discovered that maybe 10% of all that money made it to research?

All these guys are doing is working a hustle like anyone else. It's literally no different than Ice Berg Slim pulling up to 6th and Main and screaming at his hoes for mo' money.

And a lot of you guys take PETA so seriously and discuss them with such meaning and intent. Some of you guys need to up your BS Filter / Radar game.

And a lot of you guys take PETA so seriously

yeah, even a brief googling of the history of peta will quickly tell you they couldnt give 2 shits about animals, not on the scale they themselves slaughter them. No, its ALL about donations.

In honor of this, I will buy the game next paycheck. Doing my small part to make PETA seem less relevant.

Can someone please make PETA T-Shirts as a mod for game enemies?

PETA is making the same mistake a lot people make, that what goes on in a video game equates to anything in real life. I wish people would read the studies about this.

As far a PETA they do some good stuff, helping to expose inhumane treatment of animals in the giant agribusiness farms for example. Helping to reduce the fur industry (once equally good synthetics came along) for another. But like any group the extremists sometimes get ahold and then they go too far which marginalizes them and greatly reduces their effectiveness in the core of what they do. I love my dogs they love me back--it's a symbiotic relation but some at PETA don't get that...it's true a lot of dogs get abused but there are better ways of handling that then banning pet ownership.

As to those of you saying "what about people?" Well frankly there are plenty of organizations for that. That's not what PETA is about...otherwise they would have a different name (PETP?). Now you can say people are animals too...but they are using the more limited definition and they have enough to be legitimately concerned about as it is (another reason to stop the overreach).

PETA? Noone cares about you guys anymore. Your average blue haired college girl says way more stupid stuff than you.

Have those at PETA not seen what happens to salmon every year? Its either get mauled by a bear on the way to spawn or get to spawn and die. At least with a fisherman for the most part they are killed relatively quickly. Better than being eaten alive by a bear at least

It's not about the fish, or the animals, or the children or the environment or the civil liberties, or the race, or the sexual preference or the gender. They just kill their millions under the facade of trying to help instead of lifting a gun or planting an IED to do it.

Back