PETA Criticizes Far Cry 5 for Fishing

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by Megalith, Apr 29, 2018.

1. thesmokingman

thesmokingman [H]ardness Supreme

They must have nothing better to do.

2. Chupachup

Chupachup Limp Gawd

They must really hate World of Warcraft as well! There's a daily quest in Highmountain that has players kicking fish, that are flopping on the bank, back into the river. It sometimes takes multiple kicks to get them in. Is that now to be considered animal abuse?! :ROFLMAO: ROFL

Travolta likes this.
  3. Fifth Horseman

Fifth Horseman Limp Gawd

I'm eating steak tips as I'm reading this thread. :D

Chupachup likes this.
  4. Exavior

Exavior [H]ardForum Junkie

We need to dress up all the members of PETA like baby seals.

Chupachup likes this.
  5. cjcox

cjcox [H]ard|Gawd

Only if you kill the fishermen.

6. AlphaAtlas

AlphaAtlas [H]ard|Gawd Staff Member

Uh, most AAA games these days involves mass murder of humans. Not monsters or some humanoid abstraction, people. And players don't even flinch.

I'm not saying there's a link to real life violence or anything, but we are DEFINITELY desensitized to violent media now.

7. theBrownLlama

theBrownLlama Gawd

i wonder if all these donators to the PETA are happy with the direction and tactics they are using....

8. theBrownLlama

theBrownLlama Gawd

nothing to be sensitive enough...unless your from those holier-than-thau, prudish religiously-societies where everything is sensitive. ( well except for those religiously motivated violence)

9. Luke Wells

Luke Wells n00b

Bingo. Virtual fishing is not ethical. Virtual killing of people is okay. Time for PETA to seriously reconsider what they stand for and how to best use their time. This looked like a press grab on their part, but I think it will backfire.

10. Man, talk about "Upper 0.0000001%'er" problems.

11. M76

M76 [H]ardForum Junkie

Please! Think of the FISH!

12. kju1

kju1 2[H]4U

PETA wouldnt like what I did on Saturday then. 6 LMB in about two hours ;).

13. Skull_Angel

Skull_Angel [H]ard|Gawd

Funny thing is that I've personally found out that those types of communities are more prone to actually carrying out violence than those they point fingers at.

14. NukeDukem

NukeDukem 2[H]4U

I wouldn't kill the animals if they weren't always trying to kill me. Let PETA try walking through the Montana wilderness without being attacked by a wolverine or a skunk, and see how they like it! Digital animals are so intolerant.

15. DejaWiz

DejaWiz Oracle of Unfortunate Truths

Did they bitch about all the other games way back then?

basstour1.jpg

microeconomics_fishing.png

16. Uvaman2

Uvaman2 2[H]4U

PETA recommends against having bunnies as pets, they mention a bunch of pretty awful things about how bunnies just suffer as pets.. my wife got it anyway.
    They are full so full of shit, that is one happy bunny, eating and relaxing, like to be petted you know normally, comes to you for attention kind of like a dog and everything (this is dwarf bunny)...you just don't pet it like an idiot of course, its clear what she likes and doesn't.

17. kju1

kju1 2[H]4U

I think these words sum it all up when it comes to PETA ;)

Uvaman2 likes this.
  18. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse [H]ard|Gawd

That's the biggest problem I have ever had over this sad organization.....they literally do not care about people....at all.

19. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

I just ate a Turkey Burger and eating a AGNUS next usually don't eat alot of meat.

20. afropuff

afropuff Limp Gawd

The fish are actually the only animal in the game you DON'T KILL, you only CATCH.

21. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

22. kju1

kju1 2[H]4U

I am all for murdering 100's of animals if it means saving ONE human life. I like to say I belong to an alternative PETA as well: People for the Eating of Tasty Animals.

I had to read this twice...first time through I read anus....its been a long day.

23. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

You work a Hard Job and not being a Youtube soyboy

Yeah the Agnus burger tastes like ass though I think it contains soy...just made them on the George Forman grill need to drain those 30 grams of fat.

24. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse [H]ard|Gawd

Sad that they are all up in arms about a video game. They should be fine with this because its actually not harming anything REAL.......

25. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Every Mcdonalds and Burger King need low energy anti Peta people in front of them.

26. SixFootDuo

SixFootDuo [H]ardness Supreme

Anyone else read those leaked PETA notes from some of their meetings from way back in the day? They sued that guy or tried to. Details are all fuzzy now.

All they talk about is how press makes them money. Any press at all. For the entire 50+ minutes. Press = money. .. press = money. Pull the chain, money falls from the sky.

They don't talk about whales or dolphins, fur, none of that.

You think they really give a F' about digital fish? LMAO ... no, press = donations = money.

Remember the Ice Bucket Challenge from 2 or 3 years ago? That entire shindig got audited and it was discovered that maybe 10% of all that money made it to research?

All these guys are doing is working a hustle like anyone else. It's literally no different than Ice Berg Slim pulling up to 6th and Main and screaming at his hoes for mo' money.

And a lot of you guys take PETA so seriously and discuss them with such meaning and intent. Some of you guys need to up your BS Filter / Radar game.

27. Jim Kim

Jim Kim 2[H]4U

Lots and lots of fuzzy. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ice-doubt/
    Please don't get your news from fakebook.

28. katanaD

katanaD [H]ard|Gawd

yeah, even a brief googling of the history of peta will quickly tell you they couldnt give 2 shits about animals, not on the scale they themselves slaughter them. No, its ALL about donations.

29. MavericK

MavericK Zero Cool

PETA has been irrelevant and insane for a long time now.

30. Link

Link Gawd

Stupid is stupid does.

31. MV75

MV75 [H]ard|Gawd

Why not go after the Nigerians for phishing?

32. Darunion

Darunion 2[H]4U

In honor of this, I will buy the game next paycheck. Doing my small part to make PETA seem less relevant.

33. dr_drift

dr_drift Limp Gawd

PETA just made me fire up Far Cry 4 and torch a rhino

fBKEg1V.jpg

NukeDukem likes this.
  34. VIC-20

VIC-20 Gawd

Can someone please make PETA T-Shirts as a mod for game enemies?

35. WhoMe

WhoMe Gawd

PETA is making the same mistake a lot people make, that what goes on in a video game equates to anything in real life. I wish people would read the studies about this.

As far a PETA they do some good stuff, helping to expose inhumane treatment of animals in the giant agribusiness farms for example. Helping to reduce the fur industry (once equally good synthetics came along) for another. But like any group the extremists sometimes get ahold and then they go too far which marginalizes them and greatly reduces their effectiveness in the core of what they do. I love my dogs they love me back--it's a symbiotic relation but some at PETA don't get that...it's true a lot of dogs get abused but there are better ways of handling that then banning pet ownership.

As to those of you saying "what about people?" Well frankly there are plenty of organizations for that. That's not what PETA is about...otherwise they would have a different name (PETP?). Now you can say people are animals too...but they are using the more limited definition and they have enough to be legitimately concerned about as it is (another reason to stop the overreach).

36. cthulhuiscool

cthulhuiscool 2[H]4U

PETA? Noone cares about you guys anymore. Your average blue haired college girl says way more stupid stuff than you.

37. Uvaman2

Uvaman2 2[H]4U

Eggs in china are about 42 cents.

38. FortTaylor

FortTaylor n00b

Have those at PETA not seen what happens to salmon every year? Its either get mauled by a bear on the way to spawn or get to spawn and die. At least with a fisherman for the most part they are killed relatively quickly. Better than being eaten alive by a bear at least

39. Azphira

Azphira [H]ard|Gawd

It's not about the fish, or the animals, or the children or the environment or the civil liberties, or the race, or the sexual preference or the gender. They just kill their millions under the facade of trying to help instead of lifting a gun or planting an IED to do it.