Pervy DOA Fan Service, Anyone?

Babbster

[H]ard|Gawd
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 for the 360 is supposed to be hitting the streets tomorrow (I suspect many won't have it in stock until at least Tuesday, if not later in the week). I had forgotten all about it until I was hunting for a release date on Star Trek Legacy and, boom, there were the ladies of DOA getting ready for another beach trip.

I know many dismissed the Xbox game, DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball, often for good reasons, but I liked it. It had exactly the effect on me that Itagaki said he was going for, in that I found the game relaxing - even more so than games like The Sims which can also be pressure-free, depending on how you play. It also made be laugh, both at what was actually in the game (the ridiculousness of bikini-clad martial artists giggling and giving each other gifts) and at myself for how much I enjoyed performing such simple activities with my bikini-clad martial artist of the day.

Anyway, once I saw it I knew I had to have it so my copy will be arriving Thursday or Friday. Are there any other folks who are willing to admit their potentially creepy fascination with what is on the verge of becoming an actual game genre - the vacation game? More importantly, are any of y'all going to be available next weekend for a couple rounds of DOA-chick volleyball? ;)

Does the new version allow you to stay on the island longer than 3 days at a time? That really bugged me with the first one.

I'm not sure how it's going to work in that respect. It was 14 days (really only about 12 full days, and a bit less than that in terms of full access to everything on the island) in the original game and I didn't mind - the time factor provided the only real pressure in the game and it didn't seem oppressive to me. In fact, it seemed more like a true "vacation" experience, in that when you take a vacation you've only got so much time to enjoy yourself before it ends.

My only big complaint with the first game was that it seemed to force you to wait an extra second or two for everything. If they've sped up the shopping and other menu navigation, and implemented some inventory management, I'll be happy enough.

OOooooooo, I hope they still have pretty butterfly hair pins! <---This message brought to you by a man VERY confident in his heterosexuality. :D

I must say that the breast physics seen in the vids has been a real turn off so far. Also, did they fix the issue with hair clipping through the bodies?

But I'll wait and see as I enjoyed playing the first one with my other half.

Back