Perfect SATA cables for those wanting it clean.

Mr_Evil

2[H]4U
Since setting up my RAID 5 array. I am disappointed in the flexibility of the SATA cables that came with my ASUS A8N SLI. They're just your every day generic red SATA cables. They're very stiff, and their connectors are really long prohibiting me from reversing the drives in my Lian Li case.

Well, Dell has started shipping SATA cables with every SATA drive the send me to replace...now I hadn't paid much attention to the things on the job because I'm trying to be quick about things. These cables are absolutely perfect for someone wanting to show as little wiring as possible. One end of the cable has a 90 degree SATA connector...the other end is a low profile straight SATA connector. These cables are also VERY flexible and are easy to route through tight spaces. You can get them in various lengths too. From 6" on up to 26" (from the XPS desktop and precision workstations). Right now I've been saving what few I've replaced (Dell doesn't want them back, just the HDD) and they're quite easy to hide. Whodathunkit that Dell would do something that's actually pretty nice?

If anyone is interested in these cables, PM Me and I'll see if I can get ahold of some through spare parts. I ordered a couple 6" cables (found some on eBay) and I already have 2 13" and a 19" one so I got the part numbers.

These are the ones I use and they are so flexible you can do a 360 around your pinky. ;)

SATA_cable_1.jpg

Unfortunately I have no idea who made them as I get them at the Pomona Computer Marketplace (swapmeet).

Hey guys,

Here's what I want to get: A black FULL tower case. Right now I'm leaning towards the thermaltake Armor, because it is black, big, well-built, and not too pricey. However, I've heard somewhere else that they are coming out with a new and improved one, is that true?

Preferably, I'd like something more professional than the armor with no side window like the antec p180, yet being a full tower. I also like the idea of not having the usb/firewire/sound ports on top, somewhere on the front would be much better. Are there any cases like a larger sized p180 that isn't $200+? Any ideas/suggestions would be great.

Back