Perfect Pixel 27" Inch LED Qnix QX2700 S-IPS 2560x1440

redrage

Limp Gawd
Grabbed me one of these this week after reading about the different Korean IPS's on [H] and other forums. I ordered the Matrix Neo but ended up with this instead (willingly)

There are not many pictures or videos of them so i made a rather crappy one but it is something.

http://youtu.be/1vdxfUjMlWg

Nice looking display actually. How's the input lag on it ?

I have not noticed any real difference from my HP 23" but i don't know what that was either.

The only big difference besides the size and res is that i had up crank up my dpi to get from one side to the other lol.

I just got one of these. My only complaint is the features sticker on the right. When I peeled it off it left a bunch o' shit behind (as though it's supposed to be a permanent sticker). A pain in the ass to remove. Contrast control would have been nice but it's nothing that can't be done in software.

As far as lag goes, I can't tell the difference between this and my HP 2311x (rated 5ms response time, not sure on the input lag). I almost want to say the mouse pointer looks blurrier when I move it, but I think the blur is just clearer, I could be wrong. I'm doing no worse in FPS's and I'm not distracted by any blur so I guess that's what counts. Blu-rays look fantastic also.

I did get the perfect pixel version and, well, it's perfect. There appears to be a lot of backlight bleed when very close (i.e. about 12" or less-I have terrible vision) but that's the case with every LCD I've ever used. Further than that and it appears very even (much more so than the 2311x).

The color is absolutely brilliant. I figured an 8-bit panel would give a slight improvement but I really wasn't expecting this, especially the reds. The image is incredibly sharp; probably a combination of the higher resolution as well as the absence of an anti-glare coating. My last two LCD's were matte and the gloss doesn't bother me at all (then again, I rarely open my curtains and there are no lights behind me).

I'm very, very happy with this.

Last edited:
Just an update on the monitor....

This week it just started shutting off. sometimes it'll stay on for 5-10 minutes but usually after a few seconds.

Ew, that's no good. Hopefully it doesn't affect all of them. I believe the same seller on eBay dealing the Catleaps sell these, too.

I message bigclothcraft on ebay and he sent me a link to a new power brick on ebay for 30ish bucks. I may give it a try.

thanks for the the url on the power brick.. my Crossover is doing the same thing...

might as well try the Power brick.. before dropping 600$ on a new name brand 27

ordered.. see if it solves my similar issue.. if not.. time to spend more and buy a name brand I guess...

Hey when your monitor went black did the backlight stay on? Mine is staying on so I was figuring the power supply was still working and something much worse is wrong.

Edit: nevermind... I see in the video the backlight was on.

Hey when your monitor went black did the backlight stay on? Mine is staying on so I was figuring the power supply was still working and something much worse is wrong.

Edit: nevermind... I see in the video the backlight was on.

yeah i was thinking the same thing. I'm leaning toward the DVI cable or something inside the monitor. I'm going to order another cable as well just haven't gotten around to it yet. The one that came with it does power my Dell touch screen just fine though.

yeah i was thinking the same thing. I'm leaning toward the DVI cable or something inside the monitor. I'm going to order another cable as well just haven't gotten around to it yet. The one that came with it does power my Dell touch screen just fine though.

Same thing here. I never used the cable that came with it though. I've used the same cable for an HP and an Acer also and it's working fine.

my new power block is coming Monday, although I hope sooner.. Ill report back here if that resolves my Crossovers black screen issue. Again, if it doesn't, then, Its not worth spending another $100 to ship it to the seller..

Ill just eat the loss.. and Buy a Asus or HP 27"

I've not heard of Qnix.

I bought a Crossover korean 27" lcd and it hasn't given me any problems. I've also had 4 friends order Shimians and they've all been perfect. I would NOT buy a 27" asus or HP, primarily due to the low resolution and high price. If they released a 27" 1440p at <$350, then I would consider it.

Until then, I will keep recommending Shimian (the crossover stand isn't worth the extra money).

the shimian / crossovers / catleaps are awesome.. until they arent.
I bought the crossover for that reason.. understanding.. itds cheap and amazing.. but.. if you should be unlucky.. well.. kind of sol.

now that I have enjoyed a 1440p display, cant settle for anything less.

so, yes, I will pay more.. for the Asus 27 1440 or HP 1440.. but know.. support wont be a huge issue.. so, I bought the power bric as a last effort for the Crossover...

there are trade offs.. Im not bitching. I get it. This time though, if the new bric doesn't resolve, Ill go the other way and pay more for more reliability ( statistically )

my new power block is coming Monday, although I hope sooner.. Ill report back here if that resolves my Crossovers black screen issue. Again, if it doesn't, then, Its not worth spending another $100 to ship it to the seller..

Ill just eat the loss.. and Buy a Asus or HP 27"

yeah mine will hopefully be here by friday. I have a feeling i'm just going to have to eat the $325loss and be stuck at 1080p until prices at U.S. retailers get better.

who knows maybe i can find someone that will want to buy it and try to repair it lol.

I usually rub ice on the sticky parts and it does the trick. thanks for sharing the vid. =)

exactly. Luckily.. Im prepared to spend6-700 for a newegg Asus or HP 27 1440

I play wow... not a fps.. so..not a monster fps need...and the diference in quality of image from 1080 on a 23+ size screen vs a 27 1440.. huge difference..

MUST... HAVE....1440p!11!1 /drool

Ok got the brick, plugged it in and it worked great... for a couple hours. After about 3, it shut off a couple times.

now its been on about 3 hours again with no problems.

I have the same issue with my Yamakasi 2703. Disappointed to hear the power brick didn't fix the issue. Still waiting to hear back from my eBay seller jinyhaus.

I duno.. seems to be working now okay. I'm going to give it a few days before i say it works.

exactly. Luckily.. Im prepared to spend6-700 for a newegg Asus or HP 27 1440

I play wow... not a fps.. so..not a monster fps need...and the diference in quality of image from 1080 on a 23+ size screen vs a 27 1440.. huge difference..

MUST... HAVE....1440p!11!1 /drool

I play SW:TOR and the difference is amazing. I would've loved to have this during my WoW days. If it had a higher refresh rate it would be amazing for FPS (i think) but if you are like me and are not a hard core FPSer.. you won't care ;-)

but for everything else.. the extra screen space is just win. Makes Adobe products a dream to work with. It won't be too long before I end up with another 1440p monitor..

well.. sad to say.. got my power brick... no change. My Crossover seems dead.

for the hell of it, Im going to open it up and check connections etc.

But.. I ended up ordering a DELL ULTRASHARP U2713HM, 27IN MONITOR. Got it for $699. 3 year warranty, with advance shipping.

Oh well, it was worth the $23 for the Power brick and see if that was the issue.

Again, cant go back to less than 1440p once you've experienced the quality!

thats a bummer XBarbarian. Mine seems better but still does it every now and then. It also seems too happen less often after i changed power management to never shut off. I don't think it makes much difference but its worth a shot.

I was looking at the newer samsung monitor. I don't remember the model but it has USB3 built in and it is PLS instead if IPS. I didn't check the prices though. I was also checking out the 1600p monitors, didn't see one that stood out of the bunch though.

just an update: I went into Catalyst Control Center, selected the QNIX disabled GPU Scalling, Reduce DVI Frequency and Alternate DVI operational mode. It hasn't shut off since. about 20 hours or so.

I can't get mine to come on at all. I connected a 2nd monitor and when the Qnix is set to secondary display the light changed from red to green and I was able to check reduce dvi frequency and alternate dvi frequency (scaling was already disabled but I tried both ways) but I still get no image and now there's random crackling sound coming from the speakers (nothing connected to the speaker input). This is a huge bummer.

I can't get mine to come on at all. I connected a 2nd monitor and when the Qnix is set to secondary display the light changed from red to green and I was able to check reduce dvi frequency and alternate dvi frequency (scaling was already disabled but I tried both ways) but I still get no image and now there's random crackling sound coming from the speakers (nothing connected to the speaker input). This is a huge bummer.

that sounds like what happens to mine when i have it plugged into the wrong DVI port (whoops) doubt that is your issue though.

Do you have the speakers plugged in? I get horrible noise with mine too when they're plugged in.

Yeah nothing plugged into the speakers. I tried both DVI ports also with the same results. That guy from ebay says he's sending me a new power brick so we'll see what becomes of it.

Oh well, I knew I was taking a chance when I bought it. Who knows, maybe the new brick will help (although I doubt it since the light is staying green).

yep.. unfortunately new brick didnt help me.. I was always gren lighted..just no display. As you say, I knew it was a risk when I bought it.. and seems most dont have any issues. No worries.

bought and received a Dell U2713 yesterday.. fantastic! back to 1440p awesome sauce.. and now I have a easy to deal with warranty for 3 years.. of course.. it cost me more than twice as much as the crossover.. oh well.

Just the same, I am happy now.

I have the same issue with my Yamakasi 2703. Disappointed to hear the power brick didn't fix the issue. Still waiting to hear back from my eBay seller jinyhaus.

No resonse for my seller still...guess I'll go ahead and buy the brick myself.

I know after mine started acting up it would go a few days w/o issue then be completely unusable the next, so hearing redrages still exhibited problems after the new brick gives me little confidence.

redrage: Any updates?

No resonse for my seller still...guess I'll go ahead and buy the brick myself.

I know after mine started acting up it would go a few days w/o issue then be completely unusable the next, so hearing redrages still exhibited problems after the new brick gives me little confidence.

redrage: Any updates?

after changing some settings in catalyst with the new brick i haven't had a problem since Sunday.. about 6 days (give or take)

Disabled GPU scaling
Disabled Reduce DVI Frequency on high-resolution displays
Disabled Alternate DVI operational mode

could be coincidence but i'm not dicking with settings now that its working lol

A reputable ebay seller had an open box HP ZR2740w for $570 with shipping, and HP's 3 year warranty so I sprung for that. Man though, a 1440p panel for $340 makes it hard to recommend something else, even if it is a bit of a gamble.

A reputable ebay seller had an open box HP ZR2740w for $570 with shipping, and HP's 3 year warranty so I sprung for that. Man though, a 1440p panel for $340 makes it hard to recommend something else, even if it is a bit of a gamble.

I've heard rumors of Monoprice releasing their own branded version soon for ~$400, so if I don't have luck I'll try to hold out for that.

Those Overlord Tempest monitors look like decent buy, you can get a barebones grade A panel for $370 it looks like, and it is from a dealer in California offering a 1 year warranty.

after changing some settings in catalyst with the new brick i haven't had a problem since Sunday.. about 6 days (give or take)

Disabled GPU scaling
Disabled Reduce DVI Frequency on high-resolution displays
Disabled Alternate DVI operational mode

could be coincidence but i'm not dicking with settings now that its working lol
Got my new power brick, monitor still won't stay working for 30 seconds. Verified I had those settings in place as well. Since my seller won't respond I guess my next option is to take it apart and start looking for bad caps or see if I can buy a replacement board.

Back