Perfect Dark Remale ( XBLA )

YAY!! Four player split-screen!

With 1080p it'll be wayyy better than cramming 4 people on one 480i screen.

I'm excited for this! (although a part of me really wishes XBLA games were made for PC too)

EDIT: This will make my 360 useful again! :D

I was grinning like a little girl the whole time. Guess it's finally time to pick up a 360.

Am I the only that thinks FULL 1080P @ 60 Fps is a joke? I mean it better have 60 FPS running on newer hardware. Also Perfect Dark was a crap game to be honest.

Am I the only that thinks FULL 1080P @ 60 Fps is a joke? I mean it better have 60 FPS running on newer hardware. Also Perfect Dark was a crap game to be honest.

crap game? its one of the finest FPS of his generation.

Considering 007: Goldeneye was better, in fact it looked just like Goldeneye.

made by the same team what do you expect?... but the game featured more advanced weapon and better online play .

I know its a question of taste but i loved the original perfect dark.

This was one of the most enjoyable console FPSes I've every played. The weapons were inventive, fun, and numerous and it was a real risk-taker back in the pre-Halo days. I'll buy it.

made by the same team what do you expect?... but the game featured more advanced weapon and better online play .

I know its a question of taste but i loved the original perfect dark.

I think you must be confused... Perfect Dark had better online play than Goldeneye? The N64 didn't even have a modem...

Goldeneye was much better than Perfect Dark... I couldn't get myself to finish Perfect Dark, but Goldeneye was great with the multiplayer, codes... Actually if you think about it, it's probably the best game adaptation of a movie ever created and the most memorable FPS I ever played. All the games based on movies suck more or less...

Considering 007: Goldeneye was better, in fact it looked just like Goldeneye.

They're made by the same people using the same engine.

And Perfect Dark is simply a much more expanded Goldeneye in multiplayer (the bot system was fantastic). The single player is obviously always going to be debatable, although Perfect Dark had co-op for the campaign.

I think you must be confused... Perfect Dark had better online play than Goldeneye? The N64 didn't even have a modem...

Goldeneye was much better than Perfect Dark... I couldn't get myself to finish Perfect Dark, but Goldeneye was great with the multiplayer, codes... Actually if you think about it, it's probably the best game adaptation of a movie ever created and the most memorable FPS I ever played. All the games based on movies suck more or less...

i meant multiplayer ... sorry

Even more amazing:
4 player split screen + 4 more people online simultaneously.
Co-Op, Counter-Op, the whole gambit. This is going to be TITS!

And anyone who says Goldeneye is better is just... crazy. PD was Goldeneye: Evolved.
Goldeneye is classic and all.. but PD is just better... IMO

Last edited:
I wish they'd bring more great N64 titles to the 360. N64 had some great games IMO.

I'll be honest... I've never played this (I wasn't a console gamer back then).

I'll certainly give it a go though.

as someone who owned both G64 and PD back in the day, I do gotta give Goldeneye the nod in multiplayer, it was better, simply put.

One of the best shooters of all time, remastered in 1080p, 60 frames per second and online play?

Day one.

edit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4UruNebz0M

Interesting... I wonder how much it will cost though?

Confirmed, 800 MS Points ($10)

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177929

It might not be GoldenEye, but Rare is almost set to release Perfect Dark on the Xbox Live Arcade. Earlier today, at Microsoft's X10 event, it was announced that Perfect Dark would be among the four Arcade games released in March as a part of the Xbox Live Arcade Block Party. Now, we have both a video of Microsoft Game Studios' Ken Lobb playing the game and a confirmation that the game will cost 800 Microsoft Points ($10)

Last edited:
Right now I can only add up to 5 simulants (or was it 4?)... I clearly remember the N64 version having a lot more than that (8-10?)... anyone know if I have to complete a challenge to add more sims or is this version limited to less sims?

Right now I can only add up to 5 simulants (or was it 4?)... I clearly remember the N64 version having a lot more than that (8-10?)... anyone know if I have to complete a challenge to add more sims or is this version limited to less sims?

You have to beat challenges to unlock the 8 sims.

Back