Perfect case for liquid Cooling.

Luni

Limp Gawd
So, before I venture forth into my fledgling journey of liquid cooling, I should premise this by saying I have -NEVER- liquid cooled before. I kinda ignorantly shyed away from it on the basis of Liquid+Electrical components=Bad but I've moved into an apartment and my roommate has a liquid cooled system and has kind of turned me onto the idea. With that said. I want to get a Ivy bridge processor, a motherboard to hold it all, and of course the important thing: The right case.

I'm sort of looking for a case, thats roomy and durable. I don't have a lot of computer shops near me, so I'd have to order it from Newegg, I'm looking for a BIG case. Something I won't feel cramped in, and can still keep parts cool. I don't care if it has a side panel, but I'd prefer one, and LED's are a plus not a must lol, but really, I am looking for "That case" the one everyone loves, and knows of, BECAUSE it's amazing. I did some of my own searching and kinda liked the HAF 932 but I don't know how it stacks up bang for buck for efficiency against other cases.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119160

Any thoughts?

The new NZXT switch 810 is supposed to be pretty good at cooling, And there is always the 800D.

Then there is allways mountain mods cases or case labs cases. And my favorite The LD PCV8.

NZXT switch 810 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...=100006644&isNodeId=1&Description=810&x=0&y=0

Corsair 800d http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139001&Tpk=800d

Mountain mods http://www.mountainmods.com/computer-cases-c-21.html

Case labs http://caselabs-store.com/

Little Devil http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...herboard_Tray_-_Black_White.html?tl=c7s27b194

also, before you get the case, make sure you know where you are putting it as on the floor and you are done with cleaning dust off of it every week or so.

in win rider:- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811108376

look in options like these too as you can have radiator put on side panel with fans hanging outside. (had it set up on in win track)

though only go for full tower if you are going to LC all the way, just doing processor and one graphic card, i say go with good midtower (HAF series) they'll give plenty of room and look better (it might just be me but hate those new full tower cases)

The case will be sitting atop my desk and my processor will be liquid cooled, and thats about it really, I don't want to dunk my entire rig haha.

mannyman really did a good job at laying out the cases to get for watercooling...

NZXT switch 810 is the current favorite for water cooling. You can google it and find many setups and ideas for watercooling in that case.

The corsair 800d is a classic watercooling case.

Case Labs makes some really nice cases that are made in the USA. They are a bit higher then the avarage case, but they are 100% aluminum and built to last. even their cheapest case should be able to handle a high end watercooling setup.

I think once you start watercooling chances are you'll want to do more then just the cpu ;)

It comes down to your budget. Many run-of-the-mill ATX towers and boxes have enough room to watercool CPU only.

Um, the budget is anywhere from 300 or lower but if it's MORE AND WORTH IT I could consider it, don't want to go insane on a case. Just a case that does it's job lol. What do you mean though with more then just my cpu? I thought the only liquid cooling was CPU/GPU, you can cool more? I -really- like the look of the NZXT 810 just cause of the amount of like, choice you have in terms of how many fans to mount/ where to mount things though, as far as which way to face fans, all I know is Hot air rises so tops should be exhaust XD!

Um, the budget is anywhere from 300 or lower but if it's MORE AND WORTH IT I could consider it, don't want to go insane on a case. Just a case that does it's job lol. What do you mean though with more then just my cpu? I thought the only liquid cooling was CPU/GPU, you can cool more? I -really- like the look of the NZXT 810 just cause of the amount of like, choice you have in terms of how many fans to mount/ where to mount things though, as far as which way to face fans, all I know is Hot air rises so tops should be exhaust XD!

Oh yeah you can cool almost everything if you want to. Ram, VRM's, Chipsets, Hell i have seen hardrives that have liquid cooling.

Checkout the new Merlin SM8 officially announced today by case-labs. Should be available for pre-order on their website this week.

I think I'll be going with the NZXT Switch 810, just cause I really like the simplicity of it, yet it still has quite a few bells and whistles as for cooling anything else, I can't really see the demand of it. I mean really, All I do is gaming, so I don't see the point of all those liquid cooling kits when I don't really even overclock :p However, I will need some help figuring out where the hell to MOUNT the kit I get to the case o.o

But its not a murderbox...
Even if he did get the murderbox it likely won't be ready until feb 2013:

http://www.murderbox.com/mkii/order/
Ordering is open until October 15, 2012, or when we reach our target number of 499 Limited Edition murderbox MKII cases sold; whichever comes first. After that time, ordering will be closed and production of the MKII cases and add-on parts will begin. Orders can be cancelled with deposits fully refunded until production begins. The Limited Edition murderbox MKII cases are being sold exclusively through pre-orders so we cannot accept cancellations nor refund deposits once production has started.

Manufacturing of the MKII cases and add-on parts will take 12—14 weeks. Customers will be contacted when the products are completed and ready for delivery to arrange the balance of payment for their order, including shipping costs. Shipping will take 4-6 weeks, depending on the Customer's location. The MKII cases and add-on parts will be delivered in February of 2013. Customers will be notified if there are any changes to the production/delivery schedule.

At least you'd have a muderbox though. I'm really not sure why you wouldn't want one.

Because it is outrageously expensive for what it is.

Why don't you want and have a miniature giraffe? I'm not sure why you wouldn't want one. That kind of "logic" and tortured "reasoning" can be applied to any objects with just as little substance.

No XL-ATX support in a $2000 case is pretty weak if you ask me.

Because

Why don't you want and have a miniature giraffe? I'm not sure why you wouldn't want one. That kind of "logic" and tortured "reasoning" can be applied to any objects with just as little substance.

Id love to own a miniature giraffe. So when you see a ferrari or lamborgini or any kind of car that is more expensive than you can afford you just say "it is outrageously expensive for what it is." You haven't ever said "It sure would be nice to own one"

Id love to own a miniature giraffe. So when you see a ferrari or lamborgini or any kind of car that is more expensive than you can afford you just say "it is outrageously expensive for what it is." You haven't ever said "It sure would be nice to own one"

A computer box is just that. A computer box. Hell a pizza box can house a computer. Why should I want to blow $2000 on a re-manufactured Tj07 that I have to wait 6 months to ever see? You can get a higher-quality box and pimp it out for less money that is made in the USA from Case Labs.

Screw Silverstone and their overpriced plastic heaps. And screw Murderbox and their overpriced re-manufactured Silverstone plastic heaps, to their credit they at least replaced most of the plastic.

another vote for switch 810! got it and it's my most favorite case ever!

another vote for switch 810! got it and it's my most favorite case ever!
I'm considering a switch as well. At first the Nzxt name and design I didn't like much... but the darn thing is growing on me :D

A computer box is just that. A computer box. Hell a pizza box can house a computer. Why should I want to blow $2000 on a re-manufactured Tj07 that I have to wait 6 months to ever see? You can get a higher-quality box and pimp it out for less money that is made in the USA from Case Labs.

Screw Silverstone and their overpriced plastic heaps. And screw Murderbox and their overpriced re-manufactured Silverstone plastic heaps, to their credit they at least replaced most of the plastic.

The murderbox has no plastic...

I'm considering a switch as well. At first the Nzxt name and design I didn't like much... but the darn thing is growing on me :D

In person they are much better. I checked out the white Switch 810 my local Fry's has on display and it's a pretty gorgeous case. It's enormous, styled nicely, and feels well built. I'd love to get it, but my Cosmos S is doing just fine.

You can get a higher-quality box and pimp it out for less money that is made in the USA from Case Labs.

lol, rite?

Why should I want to blow $2000 on a re-manufactured Tj07 that I have to wait 6 months to ever see?

Cos it looks cool.

Let me know when you find some plastic on a stock tj07 other than the fans.

Enjoy your aluminium cube. It's very impressive.

ss4lyf :p

I would never spend more money on a case, then a top of the line graphics card. It's ridiculous. The sheer fact that there are cases for over 1000 dollars, that SELL is in my opinion OBSCENELY stupid. It's like spending 2000 on the first date with a new girl. Sure, you can, but you can have just a good time, and spend maybe 300. The switch is really catching my eye, the only issue I could see, is the fact that I have a kitten. More fans=More to clean. Anyone got a cheap deal on a PC safe air compressor? :p

I would never spend more money on a case, then a top of the line graphics card. It's ridiculous. The sheer fact that there are cases for over 1000 dollars, that SELL is in my opinion OBSCENELY stupid. It's like spending 2000 on the first date with a new girl. Sure, you can, but you can have just a good time, and spend maybe 300. The switch is really catching my eye, the only issue I could see, is the fact that I have a kitten. More fans=More to clean. Anyone got a cheap deal on a PC safe air compressor? :p

This thing rules - paid for itself in no time vs. cans of compressed air:

http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Vacuum-ED500-500-Watt-Electric/dp/B001J4ZOAW

As to the other topic - even though I'm highly unlikely to ever buy such pricey equipment, remember that the $1000 video card will eventually have it's ass handed to it by a much cheaper card as technology progresses.

At least well-designed case can be used for an extremely long time - it's the guts that need updating. Logically, this makes it a smarter purchase in some ways!

(BTW - I have 2 GTX 580 cards, thankfully my second only cost $250 - $750 for them in SLI makes it easier to deal with the fact that they are already outdated...)

p.s. final note - I, too plan on getting a Switch. Excellent choice for the money, IMHO :D

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

Would you rather a 7950gt or a tj07 in 2012?
I'm just sick of every case having some crappy aspect to it.Nothing seems/is cheap on the murdermod.

Back