People that have been to Microcenter... do they have cases out of the box on display?

I went last month to pick up a HAF 922 for 79.99AR, they didn't have it out on display anywhere, no box or anything. I had to ask a rep and he told me he had them in the back.

Good news. I'll stop by to look. Have a Cooler Master Storm Sniper Black on the way, but I'm still not sure if it is what I am looking for.

I want something with enough room and cooling for a 5870, but not loud.

Yes they do, and they have a HUGE selection to choose from.

Depends entirely on the store, the Denver store you may have 10-12 to look at outside of the box, the Rockville store you probably have 30 or 40.

Depends entirely on the store, the Denver store you may have 10-12 to look at outside of the box, the Rockville store you probably have 30 or 40.

That just proves how awesome MD is and why you should move back.

Will be passing the one in Philadelphia.

That just proves how awesome MD is and why you should move back.

LOL, nah, it'll be back to Denver in a few years, I'm already sick of speed camera's and in MD they don't even tell you where they're at. But the MC in Rockville is great and the people working there actually have a clue.

Never been to that one, but it's in a nice area at least...

I find the love microcenter gets here odd. The MC in Houston has gotten better in the last few years, but is still no Fry's. They are maybe a tier better than what the old compusa stores used to be. They do have the best techy book section of any store I've ever been to. I could spend a few hours in the book section at our MC; I think I could spend a week in Fry's

Maybe I'm spoiled. Houston has 2 Fry's, Microcenter and Directron.

Cool. If you could share your overall experience of the place, it'd be much appreciated.

I've never been there, but I've wanted to stop by on one of my trips to Philadelphia.

I find the love microcenter gets here odd. The MC in Houston has gotten better in the last few years, but is still no Fry's. They are maybe a tier better than what the old compusa stores used to be. They do have the best techy book section of any store I've ever been to. I could spend a few hours in the book section at our MC; I think I could spend a week in Fry's

Maybe I'm spoiled. Houston has 2 Fry's, Microcenter and Directron.

Well we don't have any of those in northern NY. We used to have CompUSA, but all we have is Best buy now.

The Rockville store sounds similiar to the store in Kansas City.

The Rockville store sounds similiar to the store in Kansas City.

you mean the overland park one? they have about 20/25 cases on display. and a few more by the bathrooms. the PC guys hate me, but the long haired mac guy is cool.

The Denver store has about 20 out on display. A lot of them are scratched and badly handled but you can get the idea. :) And they put out HTPC all the way up to Full Tower sizes. They even put out the ugly Antec Skeleton, haha.

Good news. I'll stop by to look. Have a Cooler Master Storm Sniper Black on the way, but I'm still not sure if it is what I am looking for.

I want something with enough room and cooling for a 5870, but not loud.

My hearing is very bad (as in I literally might as well be deaf) so can't comment on "not loud", past saying that going by vibrations when I put my hand on the case, it doesn't "feel loud" as weird as that sounds.

Cooling and room, very much so. Perfect case for that.

Microcenter is more of a people store,
just tell the tech guy that you want to an actual physical inspection of a case and they will pop the box open and let you peak inside,
no ESD damage is involved here,

Back