People are getting malware from fake Windows 11 installers

If people are trolling around on backwater warez sites, it should be no surprise when something they download turns their PC into a malware infested zombie.

As for "only get things from the original source", companies have made that very difficult in the past decade or so. Two prime examples are Intel and HP nuking almost their entire software catalog.

As for "only get things from the original source", companies have made that very difficult in the past decade or so. Two prime examples are Intel and HP nuking almost their entire software catalog.
While looking around at certain computers parts recently there was a brand that had some praised products that was bought a couple years ago, subsequently removing the original website and driver downloads (I think maybe only registered OEMs could request downloads at that point?).

Because of this some have no idea where to find the drivers for those products now. I saw a Reddit topic where a user had downloaded them originally from the official site, then at another user's request extracted them from their own installation since they had no idea where to find them anymore.

Given I prefer to find original sources for downloads (or at the least some archived checksum) it was curious how difficult it was just to find the manufacturer's original domain since it no longer appears in search results and discussions online never seemed to link directly to it in my findings ('can be found on the official site', yeah but what is that :p). Eventually found it linked on a non-Wikipedia wiki and thankfully archive.org had archived all of the drivers I was interested in, too.

This is why you should pirate Linux instead.
e580dd557ab9aed8ffe4aa9d37edae49_400x400.jpg

Back