People are already getting their Xbox Ones delivered from Target in the mail...

that is neat, doesn't do anything for me though.

Congrats to that guy only game out right now is ghosts but at least he can play it.

He was way too excited to try and video that with any quality.

Congrats to that guy only game out right now is ghosts but at least he can play it.

I even commented saying that. Shittiest unboxing video ever. He could have potentially been the first end-user to unbox a Xbox One and gotten thousands and thousands of views but he had to fuck it up by holding the camera in one hand and unboxing with the other so you can't see shit.

I gotta say that's pretty cool and like you guys said they definitely messed up the unboxing.
Someone at target is fired.

I gotta say that's pretty cool and like you guys said they definitely messed up the unboxing.
Someone at target is fired.

He was excited. What was he suppose to do? Grab a $10,000 Red Camera , hire a lighting tech and call in Spielberg? Give the guy a break.

Actually, the console is useless until the "Day One" update. can't play a game at all...

Surprised they haven't banned his console. No company allows you to play games early.

He's going to get an assload of Twitter followers over the next few days. Its really good to hear the interface is solid and the experience is great. He seems quite pleased and no complaints for now.

He's posting on another twitter now so he doesn't get twitter jailed for to many tweets.

There is a huge thread on GAF this guy is showing everything. YouTube pulled his videos and he sent them his proof of purchase. Pretty crazy stuff.

That "Someone" was making minimum wage, like he gives 2 craps haha! :D

Just so you know since you are always negative target doesn't pay minimum wage they maintain a level above the states minimum wage. My teenage daughter works part time there and makes 11.50/hr .

This was obviously a warehouse mess up it happens.

And they banned him lol

That's a bit bullshit. If target fucked up and sent it early, that's not his fault. I wonder if he's called tech support about it.

About the only way I could say this is OK is if it's a temp ban and they intend to lift it on the consoles release date. But that does not seem likely.

That's a bit bullshit. If target fucked up and sent it early, that's not his fault. I wonder if he's called tech support about it.

About the only way I could say this is OK is if it's a temp ban and they intend to lift it on the consoles release date. But that does not seem likely.

Yeah, as long as they restore the console on launch day, I think the temporary ban is ok. It would be stupid to screw the guy out of his money because the retailer made a mistake. Granted, the guy apparently had the console on ebay for $10k, so I don't really feel *too* sorry for him lol.

Confusing that MS has them ready to go and are arriving at stores now but the release date is still almost two weeks away. I'd have to think Sony has the edge being released a week early.

Confusing that MS has them ready to go and are arriving at stores now but the release date is still almost two weeks away. I'd have to think Sony has the edge being released a week early.

I don't really think it matters. Both consoles sold out everywhere that did a pre-order. Any systems that will be available on day one will sell out day one. After that, both X1 and PS4 will be working to restock shelves as fast as they can for the holiday, and by that point it's just about what someone wants, not release date.

The simple fact is, the percentage of people that wanted a next-gen console, but did not pre-order, and are placing their sole purchasing decision on which one they can walk into a store and buy first, is probably so incredibly slim it's not measurable.

I don't really think it matters. Both consoles sold out everywhere that did a pre-order. Any systems that will be available on day one will sell out day one. After that, both X1 and PS4 will be working to restock shelves as fast as they can for the holiday, and by that point it's just about what someone wants, not release date.

The simple fact is, the percentage of people that wanted a next-gen console, but did not pre-order, and are placing their sole purchasing decision on which one they can walk into a store and buy first, is probably so incredibly slim it's not measurable.

I think MS will be able to keep consoles on the shelf after the first few days. MS knows how work with vendors and crank out hardware, see the three million unsold Surface tablets they had as an example.

That was for a product that many people didn't even want.

If you know how to use the Internet and are a gamer, you know that playing games before they are officially released can and usually does result in ban. I don't feel sorry for him even if Target shipped it early. They didn't plug it in and power it on, he did.

Great point.
Just sucks that if they are both at the ready to be released, then why have to wait.

I wonder how it would be if both were available on the 15th. That would have been interesting.

Luckily for everyone, this didn't happen to me. Because it'd still be in the box.

Luckily for everyone, this didn't happen to me. Because it'd still be in the box.

If that happened to me, I would download the update and then play it offline like crazy. While posting information.

If you know how to use the Internet and are a gamer, you know that playing games before they are officially released can and usually does result in ban. I don't feel sorry for him even if Target shipped it early. They didn't plug it in and power it on, he did.

Where did he sign a legal contract with Microsoft promising not to play it until the 22nd? He legally owned the system. Once Target delivered the product and took his cash, it was his property.

Where did he sign a legal contract with Microsoft promising not to play it until the 22nd? He legally owned the system. Once Target delivered the product and took his cash, it was his property.

This! I don't get how anyone could argue against this point. He's not the press. He didn't sign an NDA. He paid for a product, and the product was given to him. It's his property and he should be able to use it, no questions asked.

Majornelson has reached out to him they are going to take care of the temporary console ban. They didn't ban his live id just the console.

Back