Pentium-M 2.0GHz matches what in a desktop?

mtbaird

Gawd
Im planning on getting the dell inspiron 700m and possibly the pentium M 2.0 ghz

what will this equate to in desktop speeds?

pigpen said:
Wanna trade? I'd take a P-M @ 2ghz over a 3.2x anyday.
Get a cheap P-M 715 and run it on a 533MHz FSB to get 2GHz. That's how my laptop is overclocked.

I'd say the 2 GHz M is equal to a 3.7GHz pentium 4. The 2 GHz actually performs pretty close to the FX55.

mtbaird said:
Im planning on getting the dell inspiron 700m and possibly the pentium M 2.0 ghz

what will this equate to in desktop speeds?

Depends on the chipset.

EgyptBoy20 said:
About 3.2 GHz, give or take a few hundred MHz.

More than that! I get the same scores as a P4 3.2 + nV 6800NU with my 730J(1.6Ghz 533FSB) + 6800 Go in games

(unimportant benchmarks like SuperPI and Sandra tell a different story)

of course you're getting the same results - most games are going to be more dependant upon that graphics card than anything else & the cards are identical.

ameoba said:
of course you're getting the same results - most games are going to be more dependant upon that graphics card than anything else & the cards are identical.

Yes and no, while games are largely dependent on graphics power, CPU speed would still play a very large role too, expecially with the same graphics cards. I'm not talking simply Half-Life 2 and Doom 3, I'm talking 3dMark2001, Far Cry and Splinter Cell! Name a game, it will match it, exceed it, or come very close

Back