Pentium M 1.3 ghz = what Pentium M regular? please convert for me

CyByte

Gawd
I'm looking at the Dell 8600 and they use the newer pentium chip its speeds are 1.3-1.7 I can choose from. I used to have a Dell 8200 with a Pentium M in it.

What speed is a 1.3 1.4, 1.5, and a 1.6 1.7? thanks for helping me out guys

Pentium M chips also use less power and provide the comparable get up and go as the P4's. I have a 1.3 Pentium M and it benchmarks around the same as a 2.5ghz P4.

Originally posted by CyByte
What speed is a 1.3 1.4, 1.5, and a 1.6 1.7?

It's a meaningless question. They're 1.3GHz, 1.4GHz, 1.5GHz, 1.6GHz, and 1.7GHz. That's their speed.

What I think you're asking is, what is their performance equivalent to in other processor models?

exactly, what is there performance equilivent, sorry if I confused everyone

Originally posted by skritch
It's a meaningless question. They're 1.3GHz, 1.4GHz, 1.5GHz, 1.6GHz, and 1.7GHz. That's their speed.

What I think you're asking is, what is their performance equivalent to in other processor models?

You don't have to be an smartass to him... you know what he meant.

Originally posted by Kortiz
basically, a 1.3Pentium-M is like having a 2.4Pentium-4.

Not quite, but close.
My 2.4GHz P4 slightly outruns my 1.4Ghz Centrino in general apps and pure CPU speed. However the 1.4Ghz really takes over when running number crunching apps (like huge excel calculations, folding etc).
Biggest benefit with the 1.4 is the heat. The 2.4Ghz is HOT and the other is merely lukewarm.

Originally posted by crafty
You don't have to be an smartass to him... you know what he meant.

No, I don't know what he meant. Carelessness in writing, when writing is your only means of communication, is inexcusable. One cannot simply assume, "they'll know what I mean," if one does not write what one intends.

We are merely readers of the words on the screen, not the intent in the author's head.

He asked about speed. I answered regarding speed.

(By the way..."an smartass"?!?)

p4 owns centrinos in gaming, media encoding. Centrino owns p4 in battery power. Office apps are similar in performance.

Back