Pentagon Wants to Give Troops Terminator Vision

HardOCP News

[H] News
This helmet may look kinda goofy (okay, a lot goofy) but, according to the Pentagon, this thing will allow soldiers to have a 360° field of view, projectile tracking, object recognition and labeling, muzzle flash detection and more.

You’d be able to literally see all around you, including behind yourself, and zooming in at will, creating a “stereoscopic/binocular system, simultaneously providing 10x zoom to both eyes.” And you would do this all hands-free, apparently by barking out or pre-programming a command (the solicitation leaves it up to a designer’s imagination) to adjust focus.

Personally, if I was attacking some guy with that mask on, I would figure out a way to tell his helmet to look behind him, and then kick him in the balls from the front.. Though, I am sure they thought of that little loop hole..

The US, the world leader in making war more deadly.

Of course, all these improvements in the art of death trickle down to the "enemy" (those people in the countries that we're attacking).

Of course, all these improvements in the art of death trickle down to the "enemy" (those people in the countries that we're attacking).

very slowly trickle. Ever seen your average T in the middle east? You think they have EOTech's and Aimpoint's on their AK's? Nope. Night vision? Nope. Body armor? Nope. Hell, do they even carry modern rifles? Nope. Laser guided or wire guided shoulder fired missles? Rarely. You think this tech will be in there hands any time soon? Not a chance.

but will it have a grenade indicator that says push "F" to throw back?

Oops, too late, next time watch the indicator in the center of your screen!

Press any key to return to hospital bed.

How long until it looks like this?

images

Its the first thing I thought of. Garrus is awesome by the way. ;)

I just want them to fix the stupid NVG mounts they have now! Its like tying a saddle to a goat with the current kevlars. My personal opinion of course but I don't want to be wearing a flight helmet on top of all the other gear I have to account for.

From that picture in the article, it doesn't look like the guy can even see forward, only through those eyecam thingies. They should make some of those DBZ eyepieces.

before long they will get it looking either like the iron man mask or the crysis mask....its scary to see this type of thing coming to real life

very slowly trickle. Ever seen your average T in the middle east? You think they have EOTech's and Aimpoint's on their AK's? Nope. Night vision? Nope. Body armor? Nope. Hell, do they even carry modern rifles? Nope. Laser guided or wire guided shoulder fired missles? Rarely. You think this tech will be in there hands any time soon? Not a chance.

Still, a bullet is a bullet. No matter how old their equipment is, once you are at foot-level you are vulnerable: yes, not as much as they are...but they know the terrain, which is a huge plus.

Right there with you Kenworth, good thing they almost never let us take the NVG's out of the case lol, but the mount is a pain

A large amount of the tech that our enemies are operating is old Soviet hardware. That's what happens when their tech was almost as good as ours, but then they collapsed and a bunch of Middle Eastern countries got hands on their hardware.

You don't see terrorists rocking F-18s and M-16s... you see Migs and AK-47s. We don't let our technology trickle down.

Looks goofy... indeed. But it's not hard to mod it to look better. Take those circles and connect them with a black lens. It'll make it things so much better.

Still, a bullet is a bullet. No matter how old their equipment is, once you are at foot-level you are vulnerable: yes, not as much as they are...but they know the terrain, which is a huge plus.

+1 knowing the terrain is half the battle.

Hmmm, I dont know which is better...Terminator Vision or Predator Vision.....

You don't see terrorists rocking F-18s and M-16s... you see Migs and AK-47s. We don't let our technology trickle down.

Hahahahaha....hinting that Al-Qaeda even has the resemblence of an air force....cute! Al-Qaeda is nothing but full on double rainbow military LARP'ers.

Back