pelt for my e6600?

Trendy

Limp Gawd
Okay, I'm stuck. I want to look into Pelt, but I don't know what to get.

Here's what I have so far:

226W Peltier
Di-electric grease
Foam stuff
Conformal Coating
Cold Plate (any will do, no link just yet)
Lapping of the Cold Plate and CPU.

What kind of temps could I expect with this pelt? I will be cooling it using a Swiftech Apogee GT CPU block, and a Black Ice GT Stealth 240 rad (1/2'' ID tubing).

Also, any suggestions on a PSU that won't cost me a whole lot of money?

Did you get this working? I'm very interested in cooling my video card with a Peltier system. I don't know anything about it. I need it because I want to avoid fans. Right now my two old 6800 Ultra are cooled with water. The overclocking works good. But with water, I still need fans to cool the radiator.

So with this peltier cooler, you put it under a heatsink? and you need to seal it so no condensation forms in between the GPU and heatsink?
The one you choose that consumes 260W looks pretty good!

Did you get this working? I'm very interested in cooling my video card with a Peltier system. I don't know anything about it. I need it because I want to avoid fans. Right now my two old 6800 Ultra are cooled with water. The overclocking works good. But with water, I still need fans to cool the radiator.

So with this peltier cooler, you put it under a heatsink? and you need to seal it so no condensation forms in between the GPU and heatsink?

ahhaha... peltiers are the worst choice for a fanless rig.

Peltiers take heat from their cold side, and move it to their hot side. A 200w peltier can move around 130w of heat from the hot side to the cold side... But there's still 200w of heat on the other side. Heat, or energy, can't just disappear... The peltier still needs either a waterblock or a massive HSF to work. If you don't cool it, your cpu will fry.

They're horribly inefficient... If you want to get really good cooling going on, you generally need to DOUBLE the heat output of the chip :eek:

A 260w peltier needs watercooling because the heat on the hot side of the tec gets way too hot for a heatsink and fan to handle. You are right about everything else.

Did you get this working? I'm very interested in cooling my video card with a Peltier system.

Ditto. :p Although I don't have an aversion to all fans. Man I didn't know peltiers were so cheap, last time I looked into it seemed like it was a lot more. So $38 for the pelt, ~$10 for all the insulation crap, and $90 for the extra PSU, and you're good to go (if you're already WC like me i guess). :p

Sounds hot, I might look into this in the future. I'd guess one would want to use a seperate loop for the CPU when using a Pelt on it?

Back