peeps with ps3's ffxiv

zombix

[H]ard|Gawd
What do you guys think about final fantasy XIV? Im trying to get my clan to get this game but i think we are all enthralled with competetive killzone 3.

I might be the only one playing it from my clan lol, might just wait for reviews.

Gameinformer looked down on it. :(

Read something the other day saying that FFIV will not come to 360 simply because Live is to much of a closed system.

So, Live is so great yet it has lost out on Steam and now FFIV within a matter of weeks. Microsoft's handling of Live is starting to sound a bit like Apple's handling of it's software.

So, Live is so great...

It is, and it has something called standards. These standards help guarantee that the experience is always the same no matter the user, or game. Its probably the sole reason why Live is the best unified online platform. If Steamworks or any other online infrastructure tears down standards or security, it is right of MS to not allow them to do so.

Also, lets not forget the hundreds of millions MS is making yearly from subscriptions (over competition). They are doing most everything right, and consumers respond accordingly. Free is not always the best approach, sorry.

Live has been a successful service. There's not much denying that...however the number of high-profile MMO plans on the 360 that have crumbled in the twilight of their dev cycles is just uncanny. It's very hard to chalk it up to a matter of standards or security.

Personally, I'll never forgive them for killing True Fantasy Live Online...

Last edited:
It is, and it has something called standards. These standards help guarantee that the experience is always the same no matter the user, or game. Its probably the sole reason why Live is the best unified online platform. If Steamworks or any other online infrastructure tears down standards or security, it is right of MS to not allow them to do so.

Also, lets not forget the hundreds of millions MS is making yearly from subscriptions (over competition). They are doing most everything right, and consumers respond accordingly. Free is not always the best approach, sorry.
Since the majority of the people on Live are tweens (or others who's mom pays the subscription fee) and people who play games like Halo 3 and Modern Warfare (aka sheep games); I don't really feel they have opinions worth their weight in shit.
Live has been a successful service. There's not much denying that...however the number of MMO plans on the 360 that have crumbled in the twilight of their dev cycles is just uncanny. It's very hard to chalk it up to a matter of standards or security.

+1 my good sir.

Live may be good in some area's but it fails horribly in others. Anyways, I apologize for derailing this thread. It wasn't meant to happen.

Since the majority of the people on Live are tweens (or others who's mom pays the subscription fee) and people who play games like Halo 3 and Modern Warfare (aka sheep games); I don't really feel they have opinions worth their weight in shit.
+1 my good sir.

Live may be good in some area's but it fails horribly in others. Anyways, I apologize for derailing this thread. It wasn't meant to happen.

always amazes me that ms does not just pay someone to listen in on xbox live games and drop a banhammer on the vile shit talking tweens. it would only take a few weeks and a few thousand bans and kids would (maybe) act better.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Why do you specify "PS3's FFXIV"? You do know the servers will be cross-platform right?

Live has been a successful service. There's not much denying that...however the number of high-profile MMO plans on the 360 that have crumbled in the twilight of their dev cycles is just uncanny. It's very hard to chalk it up to a matter of standards or security.

And how many MMOs are there for PS3 right now?

Back