Peeing Frenchman Sues Google

HardOCP News

[H] News
I have no idea who will prevail in this case but this is definitely headline of the day. :D

A Frenchman is suing Google for making him the laughing stock of his village after the firm's Street View service put on the Internet a picture of him urinating in his garden, his lawyer said Thursday.

Don't piss outside? Problem solved. Don't get mad because Google let everyone know that you have a tiny penis.

So he got caught with his pants down and now he is pissed?

Sorry, this just begs for cheesy jokes.

Sounds like he was...

( •_•)
( •_•)>-■-■
(-■_■)

Well and truly pissed off.

There is no expectation of privacy in public.

In most western countries you have no recourse against photographs or videos taken of yourself while in a public place or somewhere visible from a public place.

The best course of action is to assume you are always being recorded and not do anything you son't want to the world to see, at least not while in a public place, or somewhere visible from a public place.

Zarathustra[H];1038444717 said:
There is no expectation of privacy in public.

In most western countries you have no recourse against photographs or videos taken of yourself while in a public place or somewhere visible from a public place.

The best course of action is to assume you are always being recorded and not do anything you son't want to the world to see, at least not while in a public place, or somewhere visible from a public place.

Google can take a photo of me pissing any days. 'Hey baby, Google Street View me @ Hung St." :D

Of course the best thing is, now he's not just a laughingstock in his town. Now it's the world! Way to maximize your minimal exposure. :D

I think Im with him on this one. Google's nonchalant views on privacy need some repercussions. If a photographer peered over a fence and snapped a picture of someone in the nude and then posted in online, they could be in some serious trouble. Paparazzi get sued all the time for much less

I think Im with him on this one. Google's nonchalant views on privacy need some repercussions. If a photographer peered over a fence and snapped a picture of someone in the nude and then posted in online, they could be in some serious trouble. Paparazzi get sued all the time for much less

They do get sued all the time, but when this stuff goes to court, the Paparazzi usually wins.

The truth is, in most western countries - the U.S. included - if something can reasonably be seen from a public place (a street, a bridge, etc.) then there is no expectation of privacy.

I highly doubt Google scaled his fence and took a picture of him standing somewhere where he otherwise would not have been visible.

You guys laugh, but there was a guy recently that was busted with his arm around a prostitute in Pattaya, Thailand by a google street car.

Would you expect privacy there? No. And as of right now, its not that big a deal, as the chances of an employer, spouse, family, or others finding it is infinitely small.

However, I can see in the near future Google's search functions including functionality to search for and recognize faces in photos. Combine that with Google's history of very loose interpretations of privacy, their extensive data mining, and their recently updated privacy policy and Google will make just about everything about you known and available to everyone for profit.

Anonymity is a form of privacy, and that is something that Google is doing its best to do away with.

wee wee little pee pee how does your garden grow .........

hey frenchie your asparagus smells like piss :D

You guys laugh, but there was a guy recently that was busted with his arm around a prostitute in Pattaya, Thailand by a google street car.

Would you expect privacy there? No. And as of right now, its not that big a deal, as the chances of an employer, spouse, family, or others finding it is infinitely small.

However, I can see in the near future Google's search functions including functionality to search for and recognize faces in photos. Combine that with Google's history of very loose interpretations of privacy, their extensive data mining, and their recently updated privacy policy and Google will make just about everything about you known and available to everyone for profit.

Anonymity is a form of privacy, and that is something that Google is doing its best to do away with.

A man that has a spouse/family and is visiting prostitutes has no right to privacy on such matters.

A man that has a spouse/family and is visiting prostitutes has no right to privacy on such matters.

While I agree with your sentiment, that's just dumb. Privacy has nothing to do with moral code.

While I agree with your sentiment, that's just dumb. Privacy has nothing to do with moral code.

The guy was in a public place, his privacy went out of the door when he put his arm around a whore in said public place.

Agreed.

A man has the right to pee in his back garden without google taking photo's for the world to see.

The guy was in a public place, his privacy went out of the door when he put his arm around a whore in said public place.

Except that's not what you said, you said it was because he was with a whore not just outside.

Was his defence arranged by Barbra Streisand?

It's not like google jumped the fence and took a photo. Anything google streetview sees is visible from the street, and on full public display.

I think it kinda depends how "public" the place really was. If he's out pissing somewhere that every passing car can see him anyway, I don't have any sympathy for him. If he was in a place where passing traffic couldn't see him, but a huge tower with a camera on top sticking out the top of a van COULD see him, I'd be a bit pissed off as well.

Back