Peeing Frenchman Sues Google

Hahaha this is great. One must ask oneself why this man was pissing outside to begin with. I think a court will see it that way as well

I think it kinda depends how "public" the place really was. If he's out pissing somewhere that every passing car can see him anyway, I don't have any sympathy for him. If he was in a place where passing traffic couldn't see him, but a huge tower with a camera on top sticking out the top of a van COULD see him, I'd be a bit pissed off as well.

The google car isn't tall, not the one I saw anyway. Anyone driving an SUV or in a bus could see whatever the camera could see.

The google car isn't tall, not the one I saw anyway. Anyone driving an SUV or in a bus could see whatever the camera could see.

Actually the camera is elevated that it could see over walls

IMG_4125-copy.jpg

Thats different to the one I saw. It was just an unmarked car with 4 cameras on the roof rack. But still, thats about the height of a bus.

People who expose themselves outdoors should be more aware of their surroundings. Anyone not on the ground floor would be able to see him too. It's generally not a good idea to get your genitals out right next to a road.

Yeah that's what I mean. Hell, my house only has one toilet and on several occasions when its been occupied I've gone outside for a piss... I don't understand how you could be a man and never taken a piss outside :p But when I do, I (obviously) make sure I go somewhere that there's no easy line of sight and if someone decides to pop their head over the fence into my yard or some such, that's their problem :p Though I still might be pissed off if it was photographed by a camera mounted higher than your average vehicle.

Thats different to the one I saw. It was just an unmarked car with 4 cameras on the roof rack. But still, thats about the height of a bus.

People who expose themselves outdoors should be more aware of their surroundings. Anyone not on the ground floor would be able to see him too. It's generally not a good idea to get your genitals out right next to a road.

People accidentally seeing you peeing over your wall that's taller than most people is not the same as a camera mounted higher that what most people is able to see. If he has fence/walls around his property that most people is not able to see over then he has reasonably done enough to claim privacy.

Now if his garden is wide open for the neighborhood to enjoy then he can't claim privacy for his little show.

Like I said, it depends. I'm sure I could find somewhere on my property where its not visible to the neighbours (there's a couple of double storey houses nearby, but they don't have visbility to my whole property), not visible to passing cars due to the fence/plants out the front and even if you had a tall bus, maybe you might see something for a split second or maybe not... but a camera mounted high like the google camera taking a photo might capture it in great clarity.

If he's just standing out on the street in plain view, then yeah, no sympathy for him. But I could see how this mix up could occur even if he wasn't in plain view.

You shouldn't be peeing in your garden in the first place.

That said, if he's not readily visible, then he might be able to scrounge some money out of google. Still this seems almost akin to laying naked outside your door and sueing people that see you for peeping.

Pfft, if you've never pissed in your garden then you're not a man :p

I'll stay a child forever then.:p I am voting for Ron Paul, and apparently that's the only demographic that does so. >.>

But really, if you do it in a visible area, then don't expect to not get caught.

The guy was in a public place, his privacy went out of the door when he put his arm around a whore in said public place.
A public place in a foreign country.

If you can't understand how anonymity in public is a form of privacy, then I cannot help you. And yes, that is part of the "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" that Google in short order will do away with.

Since you may just be a moral.f, think about this scenario:
1) Google sets up streetcams that monitor traffic.
2) Street cams can read license plates
3) Google tracks and broadcasts your location for profit.

Yes, you're in a public place, but yes I consider it an invasion of privacy and my boss, parents, and friends do not need to know where I am and what I do at all times nor should I have to hide in my house to expect any type of privacy.

You guys laugh, but there was a guy recently that was busted with his arm around a prostitute in Pattaya, Thailand by a google street car.

Would you expect privacy there? No. And as of right now, its not that big a deal, as the chances of an employer, spouse, family, or others finding it is infinitely small.

However, I can see in the near future Google's search functions including functionality to search for and recognize faces in photos. Combine that with Google's history of very loose interpretations of privacy, their extensive data mining, and their recently updated privacy policy and Google will make just about everything about you known and available to everyone for profit.

Anonymity is a form of privacy, and that is something that Google is doing its best to do away with.

hate to say the obvious, but maybe the moral of the story is, don't commit adultery or sleazy behavior unless you don't the repercussions.

Lulz...

A public place in a foreign country.

If you can't understand how anonymity in public is a form of privacy, then I cannot help you. And yes, that is part of the "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" that Google in short order will do away with.

Since you may just be a moral.f, think about this scenario:
1) Google sets up streetcams that monitor traffic.
2) Street cams can read license plates
3) Google tracks and broadcasts your location for profit.

Yes, you're in a public place, but yes I consider it an invasion of privacy and my boss, parents, and friends do not need to know where I am and what I do at all times nor should I have to hide in my house to expect any type of privacy.

I agree with you, but from a strict legal sense there is no expectation of privacy what so ever if you are in a place that is visible from a public place.

Someone could follow you around and record your every movement, place it online along with geotags and there is pretty much nothing legal you can do about it.

The laws on this matter come from an earlier age, when the technology enabling this kind of monitoring and stalking wasn't possible.

We could try to change these laws, but with all the lobbying and big money in politics, I feel that has about a snowballs chance in hell of ever changing.

Maybe his Hamlet wasn't the only thing tiny. Bwahahahaha

Zarathustra[H];1038447615 said:
We could try to change these laws, but with all the lobbying and big money in politics, I feel that has about a snowballs chance in hell of ever changing.
If we can successfully prosecute McDonalds for hot coffee, we can sue Google until they start taking our privacy more seriously.

Next time he should wear a big chicano hat to cover that teeny bitty thing of his!

Google pissed off a pissing Frenchman. LOL :D

BTW, it looks like the pic has been removed.

Back