PDA

apple2gs

Mr. No-Photon
I know that in the last few years that cell phones have replaced PDAs.
At the moment I use a prepay cell service that doesn't have any smart phones available. The question is, who makes a good PDA still?

Would it be possible to use an i touch as a pda?

What do you expect your PDA to do? Scheduling? Games? Contact list? Other?

I love Dell's line. I have an Axim X50-mid. Had X3i & x5, too.

However, since I've moved to my G1, I'm considering selling my Dell.

Thinks I would like.
Mobile web
GPS via bluetooth.
Scheduling
Document viewing
Music

I would look at the current HP Ipaq line. They're pricey, but they are reliable, and they usually have some very nice features. They would definitely be capable of doing the tasks you'd like to do. I'm in the same boat as you with a prepay cell phone. I'm currently using a Palm Zire 72 simply because I like the Palm OS better than Windows Mobile. I don't know how you feel about Windows Mobile, but I personally think the applications available for Palm OS are more useful than the ones for Windows Mobile. I think for your purposes, Windows Mobile would be better, but the operating system choice is really up to you. Unfortunately, you have limited choices in today's day and age, but there are still good standalone PDAs out there. Check out HP, and also check out used and refurbished Dell Axims, they're usually pretty nice and reliable too.

Thinks I would like.
Mobile web
GPS via bluetooth.
Scheduling
Document viewing
Music
My Dell did/does all of that - I even have the BT-GPS puck. WinMo is the best for Doc viewing, due to Office Mobile being installed. The only caveat is you need a 'net connection to use the web, obviously. So if you're thinking WiFi, that'll work. If you're thinking 3G, you're SOL.

Back