[PCper] Richard Huddy, AMD Gaming Scientist, Interview - Mantle, GameWorks, FreeSync

And you know this how ? Are you developing software using Frostbite 3 engine ? If it didn't hold up why is the engine used in multiple games to date ? Why are there no cancellations of games using Frostbite 3 engine?
Allow me to walk you down the path to comprehension. The blisters and sores are normal; the first time is always rough on the feet.
...he also claims Battlefield 4 is a "terrific, terrific piece of code" and that in his personal opinion "it's the best piece of code out there in a game engine at the moment"
BF4 pushes boundaries , why don't you name 5 games that have more features then what is being used in the Frostbite 3 engine? More code = more changes of problems
Performance is a quality of a codebase, especially in a firm real-time system like a game, but so is reliability. And BF4 holds up very badly when it comes to reliability.
Frostbite 3 and Battlefield 4 are not analogous. One is a game engine. The other is a game. Do you understand the difference between the two?

All of it. There is simply no point in telling you what is wrong you keep persisting that when I or others say things you make up stuff and run with it.
Again, didn't make anything up. I quoted the video (and later, people in this thread) and responded point-by-point.

wonderfield got it without a problem, apparently.

Frostbite 3 and Battlefield 4 are not analogous. One is a game engine. The other is a game. Do you understand the difference between the two?

Do you understand that when people express themselves they sometimes say different things than what they mean?

What is so wonderful about the code in BF4 ? You already have 5 games with better engines using more features ?.

I do, yes. It makes holding coherent conversations difficult.

As for your second and third questions, I don't really know how to answer them. What's wonderful about BF4's code base? I don't know. I've not seen the code, only observed the end result. Do I already have five games etc. etc.? No. Can you explain why you're asking?

Again, didn't make anything up. I quoted the video (and later, people in this thread) and responded point-by-point.

wonderfield got it without a problem, apparently.

Just shows that you can indeed fool some of the people all of the time...

You don't respond point by point. You remove things from context. It's not the same thing.

I do, yes. It makes holding coherent conversations difficult.

As for your second and third questions, I don't really know how to answer them. What's wonderful about BF4's code base? I don't know. I've not seen the code, only observed the end result. Do I already have five games etc. etc.? No. Can you explain why you're asking?

What makes BF4 tick what is at the heart of this game? Is it the interface is it the wonderful way of how you can kill people are the grenades realistic or what is going on that a game scientist would say BF4 has something special ?

Back