PCP&C Silencer series, good build quality?

ncantador

Gawd
Can anyone tell me if the silencer series are built to the same standards (relatively speaking) as the Turbo Cool models? Can anyone point me to a reliable review on the silencer models?

I'm not sure, but I thought that Seasonic made all of the PC Power & Cooling models. I'm still waiting to hear more about the Seasonic S12 models, which may be promising. I have not been able to find these anywhere.

i believe there's a pretty good review of the new silencer line over at pcper, check it out.

yeah, i second that.

how do the silencer models compare to the turbos?

brians said:
I'm not sure, but I thought that Seasonic made all of the PC Power & Cooling models.
If there are any companies selling power supplies in North America that actually own factories making power supplies, I'm not aware of it. None of the marketing companies and marketing/engineering companies behind the recognized brands actual make them, including PCP&P and Seasonic.

The PCP&C Silencer series are well made supplies of lower power than the Turbo power line. The regulation is similar. The real problem with them is that they aren't particularly quiet by current standards.

oc

oddlycalm said:
The PCP&C Silencer series are well made supplies of lower power than the Turbo power line. The regulation is similar. The real problem with them is that they aren't particularly quiet by current standards.

oc
I can't hear my 410W Silencer over the other fans in my case, which are all running at reduced voltage and low rpms. Sometimes when gaming though it will spin the fan up faster to deal with the increased power demands and then it's audible, but nowhere near as loud as my Turbo Cool. (even when the Turbo Cool is at minimal load)

Back