PCP&C 860W sufficient for GeForce GTX 280 SLI?

Venthos

Weaksauce
I'm putting together a build for my a completely new machine. Last time I upgraded parts/ would have had to have been at least 3 years ago. I run an AMD X2 4800+ right now with 8800GTX.

Anyway, part of my concern with the new build is that PSUs these days seem to be approaching mammoth sizes. Since I prefer a Mid-Tower case, my choices seem to be limited in the PSU/Case combinations I can buy. I *think* I've finally found the case I want to have:

Cooler Master 690

I had then been looking at three different power supplies.

-PC Power & Cooling 860W (Length: 150mm)
-PC Power & Cooling 1000W (Length: 230mm)
-Corsair 1000HX (1000W) (Length: 200mm)

I'm pretty sure that anything but the PCP&C 860W will extend past the hole in the mb tray intended to route cables. I'm even wondering if I'll have problems with the PCP&C 1000W on size alone - that thing's mammoth! Then there's that the Corsair has two rails versus PCP&C's single rail - which makes me think PCP&C is the better buy (Modular is nice - but not at the cost of function)

So my question is basically this - the PCP&C 860W seems to be the most robust PSU that I can find which is still standard/reasonable PSU length/dimensions to fit the case and is also a reputable/reliable PSU. Is this PSU robust enough to handle the following build?

-Core i7 965 EE
-Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 X58 Motherboard
-2x (SLI) of eVGA GeForce GTX 280 SSC Edition
-CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
-WD Velociraptor 150GB
-Seagate 320GB SATA

Back