PCIe 6.0 Specification Hits Version 0.5: On Track for 2021

it'll be on track for the final spec in 2021 but probably won't see it til 2022 at the earliest but likely 2023 in the consumer space is my guess.. pcie 5.0 will be 2021 since that's what intel is pushing for and amd will likely do as well with the new mainstream socket.

I'll start worrying about subsequent versions after we get solid state drives that can fully saturate PCI-E 4.0.

Yeah, we've suddenly got the way wide open for copper signal transmission! Was worth waiting 6 years for the next pcie revision!

It's going to be awhile before we need to touch it again! Until we replace Flash with something faster, we're just not going to get any massive increases in sustained m.2 throughput And because x16 video cards were overbuilt, PCIe 4 means we have no current bandwidth problems (i.e next five years).

HDMI revisions and USB port revisions come faster than perifrials and vendors not to mention consumers can reasonably keep up with. We can't even max out PCIE 3.0 X16 and I have PCIE 4.0. There are literally a handful of cards that can take advantage of this. And PCIE 4.0 is going to be a hard row to hoe because who wants to make a card the majority of the consumer market can't even use. Cards will have to be able to be both PCIE 3.x and 4.x so those of us WITH that can leverage it. Even then leveraging it will get us what exactly? On lower end cards it's unlocked some speed. On higher end cards... I've yet to see some numbers that are meaningful.

Wow get old account back and it was the last time I had a AMD build... that's like... 5 CPU's ago!! maybe more! Time to update the sig.

Oh yes, more bigger heatsink on southbridge. I hope they solve the watt issue with southbridge.

Back