PCIE 3.0 x16 slot use a raid card?

annilation

Limp Gawd
I have a ASRock H97M WS and want to use the PCIE6 (PCIE 3.0 x16 slot) to install a M5015 raid controller.

When I plug it in I do not think the system is picking up the controller. Any thoughts?

Have you tried another slot?

*I guess that mobo only has the one slot... Not sure what to try in that case.

Those slots are normally used for the video card. You may need to adjust a setting in the BIOS to make it work.

Try changing the CSM boot settings. If that doesn't work, try disabling the on-board SATA and see if it then picks it up.

Did this ever work? I'm wondering the same thing. I'm looking at the new Gigabyte GA-X99P Sli board and I'll never fill up all of those 16x slots with video cards. Was hoping to add a couple of pce-i ms ssds on there.

I've used PCIe x16 slots in numerous system for multilane RAID cards and haven't had an issue yet. I've used one AMD system (AM2+ I think) & multiple Intel (P35, P45, Z67, Z77, Z87, C224). Boards from Gigabyte & ASRock. The worst problem is that some of the older ones don't like the card connecting on the SMbus so you have to cover 2 pins on the PCIe connector. I haven't even had to change any settings in the BIOS.

I've used PCIe x16 slots in numerous system for multilane RAID cards and haven't had an issue yet. I've used one AMD system (AM2+ I think) & multiple Intel (P35, P45, Z67, Z77, Z87, C224). Boards from Gigabyte & ASRock. The worst problem is that some of the older ones don't like the card connecting on the SMbus so you have to cover 2 pins on the PCIe connector. I haven't even had to change any settings in the BIOS.

I've got a board for a i5-760 (forget which z<foo> generation it is) where i'm running a x8 PCIe controller card (Dell perc H200 in "IT Mode" as I recall) in the x16 "graphics" slot without any issues.

Back