Asposium

Limp Gawd
hi all,

looking for a PCI blower fan to cool a RAID card

i need to pull cool air INTO the case and up onto the raid card
that is
RAID card is above blower card, so blower card needs to blow up when installed

most blower fans seem to draw hot air out of the case

are there any blower fans that draw cool air in?

had a quick google search, couldn't find anything

cheers all

Have you any other fans blowing warm/hot air out the back of the case? If so you're likely going to be sucking that warm air back in teh case with your idea.
I suggest an Antec Spot Cool

I found this one (googled "pci slot card cooler" ) instead of case cooler. Has to be others out there but I liked the idea of pulling the power off of the PCI slot and thus no wires and the adjustable 3 speed so much I stopped looking. I like your idea of making sure that card gets airflow over it but think you really dont need much, even a small amount of air washing over that card should cool it significantly compared to dead air. A little pricey at $20 however it seems a quality unit. Perhaps you can google the part number and find a better deal. Seems well made, I occasionaly need units like this and the cheap ones seldom last more than a year. This one appears better made but if you have a dedicated HW raid card you are pretty serious so consider buying a spare.

http://www.quietpcusa.com/Zalman-ZM-SC100-Quiet-Graphics-Card-Cooler-P595C23.aspx

Regards.

Edit. oops - FAIL - fan does not intake air.

Last edited:
i cant imagine that spotcool working well, it just circulates air, its not an exhaust or anything.

why can you use a pci fan the blows air out the case? it will just such hot air away from the raid card heatsink

or just place a 80mm fan on the floor of your case, standing upright, blwing ait form the hdd area > the rear pci area

i can do a bodge, i merely wondered if there was a product to do the job

other option is to buy something like this and see if i can take it apart and turn the fan round

found one

and another

vCool.jpg

lian li do a very good pci slot cooler it has 2 fans in

thanks, the lian li BS-08 is pretty much exactly what i was after

i like the fact the BS-08 uses "standard" 120mm fans

i should even be able to use fan air filters; stops the fans from pulling dust along with the cool air

thanks Dasimpson

Back