PC won't post: unplugged nearything and still nothing

daemoncel

Limp Gawd
so every now and then (only happened to me twice) my pc won't post (eventually boots 3 days later or so). My of turns on and my hard drives spin up ( but click once and stop spinning...) so I unplugged everything from the hdds, optic drives, USB/FireWire devices, PCI cards, ram and still nothing comes up. Now I'm concerned because of the fact that I built this of. I will post my specs in just a bit since I'm posting this from my iPhone.

Specs:
Quadcore 6600
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
G.Skill 4gb 1066 x 2
OCZ GameXstream 700 watt ps
Samsung 500gb 3gb sata

EDIT: ignore sig, those are old specs

Do you have a friend with a compatible motherboard in his computer that you can start testing your stuff in to narrow down the problem? If you do try ram, video card, things like this in his computer. Eventually try processor and everything else. If it all works then it's probably the motherboard.

that's what i'm thinking (i'm at work), unfortunately, i have no compatible mobo so i'm not sure what i can do but i'm going to try it again today and remove one thing at a time. I've even reset the CMOS and still nothing which makes me think the mobo is at fault. It's only like 5 months old too which is infuriating.

Well, I meant specifically, try the system outside of the case (putting the mobo on a cardboard box or something), on the not so unlikely chance the mobo is shorting out on something in the case.

Back