PC to TV audio interference?

RyanGSams

[H]ard|Gawd
I have my computer connected to a 22" monitor and my 60" TV via a aux cable that I switch between the two depending on what I am using. When I am using my monitor there is no humming noise heard through the speakers, but when I connect my TV, i hear a distinct humming and it gets rather annoying. I am pretty sure the aux cable is not shielded, so I plan to purchase a shielded one to hopefully fix the problem.

Are there any other possible problems with my TV receiving interference?

The computer in question is in my signature. I am using on board audio and a video card for video. Not sure it that could help with my problem.

Also, not sure if this is the right place, but figured this was the closest place with my problem. Thank you.

I think you answered your own question :p you're just using a normal composite cable for the video? or is it something else? such as DVI

I have a vga going to my tv for video and have just a regular auxiliary cable going from my mobo to tv for audio.

What would be better to get, a shielded cable or a ground loop isolator?

It's the cheapest first step to determining whether or not you have a ground loop issue.

Back