PC Sluggish after resuming from sleep mode

biggles

2[H]4U
This is a new Ryzen build from 2 days ago. Exiting sleep mode, the computer runs sluggish. Audio also skips with a very precise pattern about once every 2 seconds. And PC gets stuck on restart at this point. System reset is then required in order to successfully reboot. Before going into sleep mode everything seems to be working fine.
Solutions already tried:
1. All Windows updates
2. Glary utilities
3. SFC
4. Driver updates and Asus chipset drivers
5. Bios updated to 1407 (latest version)

Under device manager it says "PCI Encryption/Decryption controller" does not have drivers installed. But when I tried to update the driver it could not find this from the internet.

Any ideas on what to try next?

update to the amd chipset driver, maybe turn off fast start stuff in windows and bios. if you have an extra drive do a fresh install on it to rule out the current install.

I uninstalled MSI Afterburner and the Asus AI Suite and this seemed to fix the problem. Question, do those programs need to be installed with the Admin acct? Because I install all programs under user account. And I do remember some sort of error message after the Rivatuner stuff was installed.

I uninstalled MSI Afterburner and the Asus AI Suite and this seemed to fix the problem. Question, do those programs need to be installed with the Admin acct? Because I install all programs under user account. And I do remember some sort of error message after the Rivatuner stuff was installed.
maybe idk i only use admin accounts. was it an actual error or was it the "could not hook" message? 'cause thats normal and you just need to reboot it once.

maybe idk i only use admin accounts. was it an actual error or was it the "could not hook" message? 'cause thats normal and you just need to reboot it once.
It's the most common Windows user error to use the admin account. You shouldn't.

lol ok then. you shouldnt give out unwanted "advice".
Why not? If you're doing a fundamental mistake you should know about it. I let you go easy by not saying using Windows is your most fundamental mistake.

Why not? If you're doing a fundamental mistake you should know about it. I let you go easy by not saying using Windows is your most fundamental mistake.
give it a rest with the "i say youre doing it wrong, listen to me" crap.

Update, seems I did not do enough testing to properly identify the problem. MSI Afterburner and Asus AI Suite do not seem to affect this. Have also tried disabling fast boot in bios, reset Windows, disabling xmp profile, and different Realtek audio drivers. Nothing has worked yet.

Maybe I will post on the Asus motherboard forums about this.

If I remember correctly the hiberfil.sys file can get VERY LARGE and cause this problem. If you use sleep mode which you apparently do, delete the file and let it rebuild itself.

It's the most common Windows user error to use the admin account. You shouldn't.
This is a bit off topic. But I will start a discussion thread on this topic over in the OS forum. Let's get some opinions from the community about this.

Back