Pc shuts off and turns back again on when Windows 10 was loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi my new pc.

12900K with NZXT KRAKEN X73 ( 40-50C in Far Cry 6 )

2x16GB DDR4 KINGSTON DDR4 3600MHZ in GEAR 1

RTX 3090 Ti Gigabyte Gaming

Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4 bios F5

SSD 1 TB NVM PCIE

I went from Aorus Z490 and 10850K to 12900K and Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4. Windows 10 is installed on SSD from 10850K build.
When new pc booted i enabled in GEAR 1 XMP ( 3600 mhz ). Then i rebooted to UEFI again without issues.

Then i reboot pc again and when windows 10 was loading pc shutts off and turns back on again. And second time it booted to Windows 10 normally. Is my pc fine? Why pc shuts off ( OFF ) and turns back again on first time,when windows 10 was loading ?

It probably was just reloading some new drivers or something. Please tell me you didn't take another loan to do that small upgrade...

Next post is going to be:

I played Far Cry 6 and the average frame rate isn't as high as some random youtuber.

Honestly, if you're not going to take the time to do a fresh install of Windows with your less than stellar past history, nobody should bother responding to you.

It's comical that you went out and bought NEW components when you couldn't figure out how to work your OLD ones.

Next post is going to be:

I played Far Cry 6 and the average frame rate isn't as high as some random youtuber.

Honestly, if you're not going to take the time to do a fresh install of Windows with your less than stellar past history, nobody should bother responding to you.

It's comical that you went out and bought NEW components when you couldn't figure out how to work your OLD ones.
He's already in the metro exodus thread now complaining ;).

Pc not rebooted. Pc shuts down and boot itself up. Not typical reboot.

It happened before Windows 10 boot <%>Getting devices ready

It just shutdown and comes back automatically,once before windows 10. It happened once before Windows 10 boot first time<%>on Getting devices ready

Last edited:
Oki but why it shutdown ( i heard a click from psu ) and then reboot itself?comes back automatically

Someone on geforce.com said that i must rma psu. I am worried. So what now?

"

Sora

"its the psu buddy, i told you it'd start to behave like this ages ago."

It probably was just reloading some new drivers or something. Please tell me you didn't take another loan to do that small upgrade...

he took out a loan for his previous upgrades?...the guy buys all the latest high end hardware and all he does is look through Reddit and YouTube all day comparing his system to random people on the internet...the definition of OCD

yesterday when I started up Horizon Zero Dawn on Steam it wouldn't sync to the cloud...took a few seconds but then it worked fine...no big deal...mgty23 would have rebooted 100 times, RMA'd his CPU and started researching YouTube and posting on [H]

he took out a loan for his previous upgrades?...the guy buys all the latest high end hardware and all he does is look through Reddit and YouTube all day comparing his system to random people on the internet...the definition of OCD

yesterday when I started up Horizon Zero Dawn on Steam it wouldn't sync to the cloud...took a few seconds but then it worked fine...no big deal...mgty23 would have rebooted 100 times, RMA'd his CPU and started researching YouTube and posting on [H]
daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Last edited:

He said he was selling off his old parts to pay back a loan once awhile back, then taking a new one, to get newer parts, so I believe so.

Someone on geforce.com said that i must rma psu. I am worried. So what now?

"

Sora

"its the psu buddy, i told you it'd start to behave like this ages ago. your psu cannot handle the startup currents without registering an overload event."

What is registered overload event?

Pc not rebooted. Pc shuts down and boot itself up. Not typical reboot.

It happened before Windows 10 boot <%>Getting devices ready

It just shutdown and comes back automatically,once before windows 10. It happened once before Windows 10 boot first time<%>on Getting devices ready
Jesus. Fucking. Christ. Buy. A. Console.
Hi my new pc.

12900K with NZXT KRAKEN X73 ( 40-50C in Far Cry 6 )

2x16GB DDR4 KINGSTON DDR4 3600MHZ in GEAR 1

RTX 3090 Ti Gigabyte Gaming

Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4 bios F5

SSD 1 TB NVM PCIE

I went from Aorus Z490 and 10850K to 12900K and Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4. Windows 10 is installed on SSD from 10850K build.
When new pc booted i enabled in GEAR 1 XMP ( 3600 mhz ). Then i rebooted to UEFI again without issues.

Then i reboot pc again and when windows 10 was loading pc shutts off and turns back on again. And second time it booted to Windows 10 normally. Is my pc fine? Why pc shuts off ( OFF ) and turns back again on first time,when windows 10 was loading ?
This is normal.

It happened after Aorus logo screen,just before windows loaded first time . In moment when windows 10 show GETTING DEVICES READY %. It just turned off <psu click>and rebooted and windows 10 start configuring. Not happened again since.

It happened after Aorus logo screen,just before windows loaded first time . In moment when windows 10 show GETTING DEVICES READY %. It just turned off <psu click>and rebooted and windows 10 start configuring. Not happened again since.
It's normal.

Someone on geforce.com said that i must rma psu.

Sora

" your psu cannot handle the startup currents without registering an overload event."

What is registering an overload event?

Or dont listen to him?

Someone on geforce.com said that i must rma psu.

Sora

" your psu cannot handle the startup currents without registering an overload event."

What is registering an overload event?

Or dont listen to him?
He's wrong. Your psu didn't overload while booting windows, a very low power activity.

Hi. Someone on tenforums.com said this to me:"

I suppose that the "Getting Devices Ready" is a phase during installation.
Is the phase where it search for hardware drivers. If PC crash or reboot in this phase indicates that you probably have a hardware failure."

So it was hardware failure or not?thx

You were already answered here, i dunno, ask the kid that answered you with that on those forums.

What are you actually trying to do? Last post you were gaming and complaining about stuttering.

Hi. Someone on tenforums.com said this to me:"

I suppose that the "Getting Devices Ready" is a phase during installation.
Is the phase where it search for hardware drivers. If PC crash or reboot in this phase indicates that you probably have a hardware failure."

So it was hardware failure or not?thx
It’s. Normal. System is working fine. Stop worrying.

Shit crashes. If you want it to not crash, buy a TI-83. Consoles crash. Computers crash. Unless you have a repeatable issue- it’s not a problem. There are a thousand reasons it could have shut off then. It turned back on automatically and finished. Stop worrying.

You think I’m still bothered that the wake on lan issue made my system freeze? I figured it out and after 3 days fixed it. And. Moved. On.

It’s working. Stop worrying and use it.

rebooting during setup is fucking normal, now RECLOSE your useless thread.

But psu clicks and rebooted itself on first time before Windows 10 was loading. Thats why i ask. Second time it not clicked.
And? A cold boot is a valid request to the ACPI subsystem. My Threadripper box does one of those every time you pull power to it - it’s loading XMP settings on the next boot. Firmware updates and changes also sometimes require a cold stop and start. You just don’t see those power options normally because they’re rare. Just use your system and be happy. Or buy a console.

you've been answered here. you want to keep playing games go to the other forum youre fucking with...

I ask because my first motherboard was faulty. Whenever i turn it on all the leds and fans turn on for a half second then turn back off again, repeat forever. I cleared CMOS battery. Unplugged GPU. Removed 1 stick memory the same.
My friend come with hes mobo Z690 and all parts working fine with hes mobo. So i went to shop and they exchanged me Aorus Elite Z690 to other example and second motherboard booted fine.

So thats why i ask. Is that psu/shutdown ( psu click ) and reboot on new motherboard just before windows 10 was loading was somehow related ,that i have second motherboard faulty,or its completetly different thing?thx

Just my first motherboard ( that before exchange ) dont wanna boot. It stuck with boot loop. ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF. And psu was clicking too.
But new motherboard booted fine and its ok fine?

I ask because my first motherboard was faulty. Whenever i turn it on all the leds and fans turn on for a half second then turn back off again, repeat forever. I cleared CMOS battery. Unplugged GPU. Removed 1 stick memory the same.
My friend come with hes mobo Z690 and all parts working fine with hes mobo. So i went to shop and they exchanged me Aorus Elite Z690 to other example and second motherboard booted fine.

So thats why i ask. Is that psu/shutdown ( psu click ) and reboot on new motherboard just before windows 10 was loading was somehow related ,that i have second motherboard faulty,or its completetly different thing?thx
you said you transplanted the ssd, it was setting up new hardware, its fucking normal. close the fucking thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back