PC racing sim "Assetto Corso" by Kunos....demo soon

I do not unfortunately. I will need one I'm sure. Sadly spring is coming and ill will begin hiking and backpacking my free time.

Got the Tech Demo (1 car / 1 track) and ran laps Sat / Sun morning...

The GUI is nice, set up my G27 fine, tested graphic options to run @ 70 FPS
~ 1920x1080, 8x AF, 4x AA & mixed mid to low shadow / reflection crap...

I ran laps in all 3 modes: Gamer, Racer, Pro
~ respectively: all assists / minor assists / none

Started lapping @ high to mid 1:30's & shaved down to 1:28/29 + 1:26 best (once)
The aliens at Race Department are cutting laps in the 1:22/23
~ http://youtu.be/lUPrEuUYjwI

I hope the AI is good to practice with & the FPS do not tank with a full grid...
I haven't raced online for a long time, but this game looks very promising!

You can try the Tech Demo if you own NetKar Pro or buy it for $10.65 USD here:
http://www.netkar-pro.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=112&Itemid=54&lang=en

More info:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-technology-preview-released.65014/

http://www.racedepartment.com/2013/02/assetto-corsa-tech-preview-screenshots-game-info/

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/frequently-asked-questions.65071/

Man if I were in a 20 lap race and someone dropped a 1:22 like that I would just logout.

You using a wheel Maplehamwich? I'm still on the fence due to space and infinite cheap ass mentality.

Yeah, I run a Fanatec CSL Seat with a CSR Wheel and CSR Pedals. It definitely changes the game when you make the switch. At first, it takes some getting used to. But once you start learning how to dial in the settings for various games etc, it's fantastic.

This guy is seen as the defacto "beginner" wheel for people who aren't willing to shell out for the Logitech G25/G27 or the Fanatec CSR combos (and understandably so!). Logitech DFGT. http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/driving-force-gt?crid=714 Though, it is still $150 for a controller, which is not a small investment if you're unsure how much you will enjoy/spend time with it.

Space wise, you can get away without a rig to mount your wheel and pedals too, but be aware there will be lots of table shaking going on, so you may want to make sure your monitor/etc are well seated.

Guess I'll look into getting one soon. I used to own a wheel way back in the day, but parents threw it away when I moved out. Never really used it then as I didn't have proper internet to play online against another person. But with Project Cars and this Assetto Corso coming soon I don't see how I can be happy with this XBOX 360 controller.

Thx!

Hoping it's good, but in all honesty, Forza looks better than a lot of the screens they posted. Something off about the pictures, although the first person views looked amazing.

The cars Maple linked are what fans are creating to add to the game. Your average Joe Schmo trying to have a little fun in their spare time. The Ferraris I linked were just announced to be added to the game today. The game isn't even out of beta yet so I'm sure they will get fixed up before launch.

I was looking at a video of Forza just then. It didn't look that impressive to me. Maybe it looks better in person. This game and Project Cars are sims so they try to keep the track and cars looking as stock as possible. So they aren't going to add in trees or mountains to a race course to make it beautiful.

Here is a Project Cars gallery for comparison. Those of us testing Project Cars are very impressed with Assetto Corsa. I will own both as I think they are both great.

Yeah, the cars I linked are from modding teams, and aren't complete.

The official announced cars are very nice.

The thing to remember about AC vs a console racer, AC will run on your PC, at whatever resolution you want. So, yes, Forza's cars do look nice, however they will always be 720p and limited to their 7 year old tech. On the other side, AC will run 1080p on most peoples machines, higher on others, and is rooted in Direct X 11 tech.

I wish they would release the full version already! :mad:

I ran rF1 recently & man - it looks so old school... :(
For wahtever reason, rF2 just isn't as much fun as rF1 used to be w/ so many mods.
At least I can run Race 07 nowdays @ max settings w/ a huge field of AI & looks pretty damn good!
I recently did an iRacing free trial & it's OK, but the pay structure sux...

I do not play games or race consistently anymore...
I mostly game in short sessions when I am bored or procrastinating on other projects.

Waiting for a new distraction / obsession!

Here is a recent article on the game.
http://www.ilvideogioco.com/2013/08...oni-ed-alcune-immagini-inedite-assetto-corsa/

It's in italian, but google translate makes it mostly readable. Lots of good info in there, including the mention of a Fall release. Also some sweet screenshots.

Here is a facebook gallery of the latest car added.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...41837.305504559475869&type=1&relevant_count=8

Here is a video of the Pagani Huarya in action.
http://youtu.be/U-NbmcWeSe0

Here is a shot of Assetto Corsa using the Occulus Rift.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1008748_667679309925057_1390831599_o.jpg

It's finally coming!

Assetto Corsa
Dear followers, finally the AC release is very close.

The Assetto Corsa's official site, www.assettocorsa.net is under maintenance: when it will come back online, all the information about the game, its contents and features, the hardware requirements and much more, will be finally available.

More importantly, the release of Assetto Corsa is imminent. Because of some issues (you can read about that here:
https://www.facebook.com/Assetto.Corsa/posts/726358147390506), we have had to change some assets of our strategy, finding the solution that will make you happy and will let the development team complete its job as soon as possible, and at its best.
Assetto Corsa will be available on Steam Early Access very, very soon. The game will cost 34,99 Eur (allowing to save 22% of the retail price!) and will give you access to the beta version, including its updates, plus the final version.

The latest news is that we have decided to include the Spa-Francorchamps track and three additional GT cars (Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, Mercedes-Benz SLS GT3 and Lotus Evora GTC) in the main build of the game, to offer to you the best selection of cars and tracks that we are able to deliver, without any additional cost. We hope you appreciate it. Thanks to this addition, Assetto Corsa will include in total 35 cars, 16 vehicle classes, 11 circuits and 3 additional scenarios. Other extra contents will be added in 2014, in order to guarantee a long-life to this simulation.

The first build of Assetto Corsa includes the main structure of the game and 8 classes of cars for a total number of 11 vehicles, with the aim to guarantee just from the beginning the chance to enjoy the dynamic model of the game racing with different kind of vehicles.
As part of the early access program, an update with new cars, tracks and features will be available every two weeks, adding new contents and improving the existing ones. All the vehicles and tracks will be released in a level of completion close to the final one, with the aim to deliver, starting by the first version, an enjoyable and satisfying simulation, featuring cars and tracks reproduced at their best, with the exception of unknown minor bugs that will be fixed and polished in time for Assetto Corsa 1.0.

During the whole process, the AI, Multiplayer and damage model features will be progressively added in the scheduled time, in order to close in short time the final release, that will include the career mode and other exclusive contents.
Gentlemen, start your modems!

Coming from rFactor 1, modded with hundreds of tracks and thousands of cars, I have big expectations for Assetto Corsa. I even intend to scrap my cheap wheel and replace it with a T500 RS for this game alone.

I really hope it offers everything rF does and then some. BTW, they sure are taking their time, I thought it was supposed to come out before the summer?

Posted today!!!!!!!!

http://www.racedepartment.com/2013/11/assetto-corsa-first-release-available-steam-soon/

Assetto Corsa: First Release Available on Steam Soon

Kunos Simulazioni just revealed a press release containing information that a release of Assetto Corsa is imminent. Because of some issues the company had to change their strategy but the job will be completed soon.

Assetto Corsa will be available on Steam Early Access very, very soon. The game will cost 34,99 Eur (allowing to save 22% of the retail price!) and will give you access to the beta version, including its updates, plus the final version.

The latest news is that we have decided to include the Spa-Francorchamps track and three additional GT cars (Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, Mercedes-Benz SLS GT3 and Lotus Evora GTC) in the main build of the game, to offer to you the best selection of cars and tracks that we are able to deliver, without any additional cost. We hope you appreciate it.

Thanks to this addition, Assetto Corsa will include in total 35 cars, 16 vehicle classes, 11 circuits and 3 additional scenarios. Other extra contents will be added in 2014, in order to guarantee a long-life to this simulation.

The first build of Assetto Corsa includes the main structure of the game and 8 classes of cars for a total number of 11 vehicles, with the aim to guarantee just from the beginning the chance to enjoy the dynamic model of the game racing with different kind of vehicles.

As part of the early access program, an update with new cars, tracks and features will be available every two weeks, adding new contents and improving the existing ones. All the vehicles and tracks will be released in a level of
completion close to the final one, with the aim to deliver, starting by the first version, an enjoyable and satisfying simulation, featuring cars and tracks reproduced at their best, with the exception of unknown minor bugs that will be fixed and polished in time for Assetto Corsa 1.0.

During the whole process, the AI, Multiplayer and damage model features will be progressively added in the scheduled time, in order to close in short time the final release, that will include the career mode and other exclusive contents.

Gentlemen, start your modems!

For more information on Assetto Corsa visit our dedicated forums, enrich your game with the latest mods from our resource manager and watch all recently released videos in our media gallery.

Coming from rFactor 1, modded with hundreds of tracks and thousands of cars, I have big expectations for Assetto Corsa. I even intend to scrap my cheap wheel and replace it with a T500 RS for this game alone.

I really hope it offers everything rF does and then some. BTW, they sure are taking their time, I thought it was supposed to come out before the summer?

Yeah, I have high expectations as well. All signs point to it doing the trick. Let's hope those signs are right!

Haha, yep! I posted the facebook announcement on the previous page. I'm very excited too. :)

IMO they shouldn't waste time making cars and tracks, the community will do that anyways, just polish the core game and release it! Do it! :D

3 things I'm worried will not be carried over from rFactor are the huge 100-car races and the NFSU2-like car modifications, both visual and performance. And of course the money system that lets you buy cars and modify them. Sadly most mods don't use it, I guess most players just want to pick a car and drive. Though at least the game gives it as an option, rFactor 2 has fully removed it...

Just ran the Steam Early Access version...
Steering feels a lot "heavier" than the "Tech Demo" version but I did not jack w/ the Logitech Profiler....

FRAPS did not work but it ran smooth enough in 1 car / time trial / lap challenge modes.

I can't wait to see how it runs w/ AI in full RACE mode vs. Game Stock Car 2013
Then it's multi-player race time (not currently available)

Back